SYNTHESIS, INSILICO DOCKING AND ADMET STUDIES OF ARYL ACETIC ACID DERIVATIVES AS PROSTAGLANDIN ENDOPEROXIDE H SYNTHASE-2 INHIBITORS
Objectives: To study the inhibition of prostaglandin endoperoxide H synthase-2 (PHSH-2) for arylacetic acid derivatives.Â Methods: This study was performed to evaluate the anti-inflammatory activity of the synthesized arylacetic acid erivatives through molecularÂ docking via Discovery Studio 4.0 and Schrodinger Software. ADMET study was conducted to find the assessment on genotoxicology.
Results: The synthesized arylacetic acid derivatives were confirmed by nuclear magnetic resonance, liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry, andÂ purity by high-performance liquid chromatography. The synthetic pathway is economical, industrial scalability and is achieved with high yield andÂ purity. The in silico studies identified the active pocket and compared with the standard drug.
Conclusion: Results from this work conclude that the arylacetic acid derivatives have very good inhibition and very low binding energy toward theÂ active pocket, hence can be considered as good inhibitors of PHSH-2 on comparison with iodosuprofen. The compounds qualified Lipinski rule of fiveÂ and the ADMET results were non-mutagenic and non-carcinogenic.
Keywords: Arylacetic acid, 1 phenyl glycidyl ether protein, ADMET, In silico docking, Anti-inflammatory.
2. Abdallah FI, Dawaba HM, Mansour A, Samy AM. Evaluation of the anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects of piroxicam loaded microemulsion in topical formulations. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2011;3(2):66-70.
3. Poorva J, Nivrati J, Kumar JP. Synthesis and characterization of azo conjugates of fenoprofen for treatment of inflammatory bowel disease through colon targeting. Int J Cur Pharm Res 2015;7(4):106-10.
4. Pouplana R, Lozano JJ, Ruiz J. Molecular modelling of the differential interaction between several non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and human prostaglandin endoperoxide H synthase-2 (h-PGHS-2). J Mol Graph Model 2002;20(4):329-43.
5. Murcko MA. Chapter in a book. Reviews in computational chemistry. In: Lipkowitz KB, Boyd DB, editors. Recent Advances in Ligand Design Methods. Vol. 11. New York: Wiley-VCH; 1997. p. 1-66.
6. Rakowitz D, Gmeiner A, SchrÃ¶der N, Matuszczak B. Synthesis of novel phenylacetic acid derivatives with halogenated benzyl subunit and evaluation as aldose reductase inhibitors. Eur J Pharm Sci 2006;27(2-3):188-93.
7. Tundo P, Selva M, Bomben A. Mono-C-methylation of arylacetonitriles and methyl arylacetates by dimethyl carbonate: A general method for the synthesis of pure 2-arylpropionic acids. 2-phenylpropionic acid. Org Synth 1999;76:169.
8. Berman HM, Westbrook J, Feng Z, Gilliland G, Bhat TN, Weissig H, et al. The protein data bank. Nucleic Acids Res 2000;28(1):235-42.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.