SCREENING SELECTION IDENTIFICATION PRODUCTION AND OPTIMIZATION OF BACTERIAL LIPASE FROM OIL SPILLED SOIL.
Lipases are glycerol ester hydrolases that catalyze the hydrolysis of triglycerides to free fatty acids and glycerol.Â Bacterial Lipase producers were isolated from oil spilled soil from vegetable oil processing factories.Â One of the twenty Â isolated strain exhibited a greater zone of clearance than the others indicating higher lipase activity was selected and identified based on their morphological and physicochemical characteristics and 16s rRNA sequencing.Â The effect of incubation time, medium pH, temperature, agitation, inoculums concentration, carbon source and nitrogen source for the lipase production was studied. The lipase production was maximum at pH7, temperature 370C and incubation time 48 hours by the lipase producing bacteria BLP2 Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Pseudomonas gessardii. Increased enzymatic production was obtained when the organisms were cultured in medium supplemented with 1% protease peptone by Pseudomonas gessardii (168.7Uml-1). The results of the present study demonstrate that the Pseudomonas gessardii is ideal for extracellular lipase production at industrial level.
2. Angkawidjaja, C. and S. Kanaya. Family I.3 lipase: Bacterial lipases secreted by the type I secretion system. Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 2006; 63: 2804-2817.
3. Dutta, S. and L. Ray. Production and characterization of an alkaline thermostable crude lipase from an isolated strain of Bacillus cereus C7. Appl. Biochem. Biotechnol. 2009; 159: 142-154.
4. Park, H., Lee, K., Chi, Y., & Jeong. S.Effects of methanol on the catalytic properties of porcine pancreatic lipase. Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. 2005; 15(2): 296â€“301.
5. Gupta, N., Shai, V., & Gupta, R. Alkaline lipase from a novel strain Burkholderia multivorans: Statistical medium optimization and production in a bioreactor. Process Biochemistry. 2007;42(2): 518â€“ 526.
6. Grbavcic, S. Z., Dimitrijevic-Brankovic, S. I., Bezbradica, D. I., Siler- Marinkovic, S. S., & Knezevic, Z. D. Effect of fermentation conditions on lipase production by Candida utilis. Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society. 2007; 72(8â€“9): 757â€“65.
7. Sztajer H, Maliszewska I, Wieczorek J. Production of exogenous lipase by bacteria, fungi and actinomycetes. Enzyme Microb Technol. 1988; 10:492 â€“7.
8. Wang Y, Srivastava KC, Shen GJ, Wang HY. Thermostable alkaline lipase from a newly isolated thermophilic Bacillus strain, A30-1 (ATCC 53841). J Ferment Bioeng.1995;79:433 â€“8.
9. Dutra, J. C. V., Terzi, S. C., Bevilaqua, J. V., Damaso, M. C. T., Couri,S., Langone, M. A. P. Lipase production in solid state fermentation monitoring biomass growth of Aspergillus niger using digital image processing. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology. 2008; 147:63â€“75.
10. Griebeler, N., Polloni, A.E., Remonatto, D., Arbter, F., Vardanega, R., Cechet, J.L. et al. Isolation and screening of lipase producing fungi with hydrolytic activity. Food and Bioprocess Technology.2011; 4:578-586.
11. Hasan, F., A.A. Shah and A. Hameed. Industrial applications of microbial lipases. Enzyme Microb. Technol.2006; 39: 235-251.
12. Abada, E. A. E.Production and characterization of a mesophilic lipase isolated from Bacillus stearothermophilus AB-1. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences. 2008; 11: 1100â€“1106.
13. ErtuÄŸrul S, DÃ¶nmez G, TakaÃ§ S. Isolation of lipase producing Bacillus sp. from olive mill wastewater and improving its enzyme activity. J Hazard Mater 2007;149(3):720â€“4.
14. Kiran GS, Shanmughapriya S, Jayalakshmi J, Selvin J, Gandhimathi R,Sivaramakrishnan S, Arunkumar M, Thangavelu T,Natarajaseenivasan K. Optimization of extracellular psychrophilic alkaline lipase produced by marine Pseudomonas sp. (MSI057). Bioprocess Biosyst. Eng. 2008; 31: 483-492.
15. Wang S-L, Lin Y-T, Liang T-W, Chio S-H, Ming L-J, Wu P-C. Purification and characterization of extracellular lipases from Pseudomonas monteilii TKU009 by the use of soybeans as the substrate. J. Ind. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 2009; 36: 65-73.
16. Kim K, Kwon D, Yoon S, Kim W, Kim K. Purification, refolding, and characterization of recombinant Pseudomonas fluorescens lipase. Protein Expr. Purif.2005;39:124-129.
17. Singh S, Banerjee U. Purification and characterization of trans-3-(4-ethoxyphenyl) glycidic acid methyl ester hydrolyzing lipase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Process. Biochem. 2007; 42: 1063-1068.
18. Karadzic I, Masui A, Zivkovic L, Fujiwara N. Purification and characterization of an alkaline lipase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from putrid mineral cutting oil as component of metalworking xuid.J.Biosci.Bioeng.2006;102:82-89.
19. Reetz M, Jaeger K. Overexpression, immobilization and biotechnological application of Pseudomonas lipases. Chem. Phys. Lipids. 1998; 93: 3-14.
20. Stoyanova Vasilena, Stanka Georgieva ,Ivan Iliev ,Mariana Marhova ,Sonya Trifonova. Lipolytic activity of genus Pseudomonas. J. BioSci. Biotech. 2012; 163-168.
21. Sierra G. A simple method for the detection of lipolytic activity of microorganisms and some observations on the influence of the contact between cells and fatty substrates. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 1957;23:15â€“22.
22. Cardenas J, Alvarez E, de Castro-Alvarez M-S, Sanchez-Montero J-M, Valmaseda M, Elson SW, Sinisterra J-V. Screening and catalytic activity in organic synthesis of novel fungal and yeast lipases. J Mol Catal B: Enzym. 2001;14:111â€“23
23. Yeoh HH, Wong FM, Lin G. Screening for fungal lipases using chromogenic lipid substrates. Mycologia. 1986;78: 298â€“300.
24. Kouker G, Jaeger KE. Specific and sensitive plate assay for bacterial lipases. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1987; 53:211â€“3.
25. Gupta, R., Gupta, N., & Rathi, P. Bacterial lipases: An overview of production, purification and biochemical properties. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 2004;64:763â€“781.
26. Sharma, R., Chisti, Y.& Banerjee, U. C.Production, purification, characterization and applications of lipases. Biotechnology Advances. 2001;19:627â€“662.
27. Menoncin.S, N.M. Domingues, D.M.G. Freire, G. Toniazzo, R.L. Cansian and J.V. Oliveira et al., Study of the extraction, concentration and partial characterization of lipases obtained from Penicillium verrucosum using solid-state fermentation of soybean bran. Food Bioprocess Technol. 2010;3:537- 544.
28. Rodriguez, J.A., T. Bhagnagar, S. Roussos, J. Cordova and J. Baratti et al., Improving lipase production by nutrient source modification using Rhizopus homthallicus cultured in solid state fermentation. Process Biochem. 2006; 41: 2264-2269.
29. Fakhreddine L, Kademi A, Ait-Abdelkader N, Baratti JC. Microbial growth and lipolytic activities of moderate thermophilic bacterial strains. Biotechnol Lett 1998;20: 879â€“83.
30. Jaeger KE, Ransac S, Dijkstra BW, Colson C, Vanheuvel M, Misset O. Bacterial lipase.FEMS Microbiol Rev 1994;15:29â€“63.
31. Kim EK, Jang WH, Ko JH, Kang JS, Noh MJ, Yoo OJ. Lipase and its modulator from Pseudomonas sp. strain KFCC 10818: proline-to-glutamine substitution at position 112 induces formation of enzymatically active lipase in the absence of the modulator. J Bacteriol 2001 ; 183(20):5937â€“5941.
32. Sneath , P.H.A , Bergeys Manual of Determinative Bacteriology.2nd ed. Baltimore: Wiliams and Wilkins. (s) 1986: 1105-1138
33. Lowry, R.R. and Tinsley, I.J. Rapid colorimetric determination of free fatty acids. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 1976; 53:470-472.
34. vijay Gunasekaran and Debabrata Das, Lipase fermentation : progress and prospects. Indian Journal of Biotechnology.2005;4: 437-445.
35. Rohit S, Yusuf C, Ullamchand B. Production,purification, characterization and application of lipases. Biotechnol.Adv.2001;19: 627- 662.
36. YU Hong-wei, HAN Jun, LI Ning, QIE Xiao-sha and JIA Ying-min. Fermentation Performance and Characterization of Cold-Adapted Lipase Produced with Pseudomonas Lip35. Agricultural Sciences in China. 2009; 8(8): 956-962.
37. V R Tembhurkar, M B Kulkarni and S A Peshwe. Optimization of Lipase Production by Pseudomonas spp. in submerged batch process in shake flask culture . Science Research Reporter.2012; 2(1):46-50.
38. M.P.PrasanthKumar, A.K.Valsa. Optimization of culture media and cultural conditions for the production of extracellular lipase by Bacillus coagulans. Indian J. Biotechnol. 2007; 6:114-117 .
39. E. Sirisha ,M. Lakshmi Narasu , and N. Rajasekar. Isolation and Optimization of Lipase Producing Bacteria from Oil Contaminated Soils. Advances in Biological Research. 2010; 4 (5): 249-252.
40. M. A.Kashmiri, Ahmad Adnan and Beenish Waseem Butt. Production, purification and partial characterization of lipase from Trichoderma Viride. Afr. J. Biotechnol.Vol.2006;5(10): 878-882.
41. KhemikaLomthaisong, Angkhameen Buranarom and Hataichanoke Niamsup. Investigation of Isolated Lipase Producing Bacteria from Oil-contaminated Soil with Proteomic Analysis of its Proteins Responsive to Lipase Inducer. Journal of BiologicalSciences2012;12:161-167.
42. N.Kulkarni and RV.Gadre. Production and properties of an alkaline ,thermophilic lipase from Pseudomonas fluorescens NS2W. Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology.2002; 28: 344 â€“ 348.
43. M. Kavitha and C. Shanthi. Isolation and Characterization of Cold active lipase producing Pseudomonas sp. 4 from Marine samples of Tamilnadu Coast. Research Journal of Biotechnology. 2013; 8 (4) : 57 -62.
44. Gulati. R, Saxena. R K. and Gupta. R. Fermentation and downstream processing of lipase from Aspergillus terreus. Process Biochemistry. 2000; 36:149-155.
45. E1ibol, M., and Ozer, D. Influence of oxygen transfer on lipase production by Rhizopus arrhizus. Process Biochemistry .2001;36: 325-329.
46. Sztajer H and I Maliszewska. The effect of culture conditions on lipolytic productivity of microorganisms. Biotechnol Lett. 1988;10(3 ): 199â€“ 204.
47. Sharma R, Soni SK, Vohra RM, Jolly RS, Gupta LK,Gupta JK. Production of extracellular alkaline lipase from a Bacillus sp. RSJ1 and its application in ester hydrolysis. Ind J Microbiol 2002; 42: 49-54.
48. Sugihara A, Tani T, Tominaga Y. Purification and . characterization of a novel thermostable lipase from Bacillus sp. J. Biochem 1991;109: 211-215.
49. Kasra-Kermanshahi.R, Mobarak-Qamsari.E,Moosavi-nejad.Z. Isolation and Identification of a novel, lipase producing bacterium, Pseudomonas aeruginosa KM110 Iran.J.M.icrobiol. 2011; 3(2) : 92-98.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.