METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF UV-VISIBLE SPECTROSCOPIC METHOD FOR THE ESTIMATION OF ASSAY OF SUGAMMADEX SODIUM, APREMILAST, RIOCIGUAT AND VORAPAXAR SULFATE DRUGS IN API FORM.
Objective: The objective of the present work is to develop a simple, efficient and reproducible spectrophotometric method for the quantitative estimation of Sugammadex Sodium, Apremilast, Riociguat and Vorapaxar sulfate drugs in its active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) form.
Methods: The developed UV-Visible spectrophotometric method for the quantitative estimation of drugs â€“ Sugammadex Sodium, Apremilast, Riociguat and Vorapaxar sulfate is based on measurement of absorption at a wavelength maximum (Î»max) of 210nm, 230nm, 323nm and 271nm using water and methanol as diluents.
Results: The method was validated in terms of specificity, precision, linearity, accuracy, and robustness as per the ICH guidelines. The method was found to be linear in the range of 33% to 167% for Sugammadex Sodium and Apremilast drug substances; 50% to 150% for Riociguat and Vorapaxar sulfate drug substances. The percentage recovery values were in the range of 99.7 to 100.9% for Sugammadex Sodium, 99.3 to 100.3% for Apremilast, 99.7 to 100.3% for Riociguat and in the range of 99.5 to 100.3% for Vorapaxar sulfate at different concentration levels. Relative standard deviation for precision and intermediate precision results were found to be less than 2%. The correlation co-efficient value observed for Sugammadex Sodium, Apremilast, Riociguat and Vorapaxar sulfate drug substances was not less than 0.99 for their respective drugs. Results obtained from the validation experiments prove that the developed method is quantified for the estimation of assay of Sugammadex Sodium, Apremilast, Riociguat and Vorapaxar sulfate drug substances.
Conclusion: The developed method can be successfully applied for routine analysis, quality control analysis and also suitable for stability analysis of assay of Sugammadex Sodium, Apremilast, Riociguat and Vorapaxar sulfate in API form as per the regulatory requirements.
Keywords: Sugammadex Sodium, Apremilast, Riociguat, Vorapaxar sulfate, Method Development, Validation, UV-Visible spectrophotometry.
2. Available from: http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB06206.
3. Assessment Report for Bridion from European Medicines Agency (EMA). Available from: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/ document_library/EPAR_-_Public_assessment_report/human/000885/ WC500052309.pdf.
4. Available from: https://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apremilast.
5. Available from: https://www.tga.gov.au/sites/default/auspar-apremilast- 151022-pi.docx.
6. Available from: https://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riociguat.
7. Available from: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_ library/EPA R_-_P ublic_ass es s ment_report/human/002737/ WC500165036.pdf.
8. Available from: https://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vorapaxar.
9. Available from: ttp://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_ library/EPAR_-_Summary_for_the_public/human/002814/ WC500183332.pdf.
10. Available from: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_ library/EPA R_-_P ublic_ass es s ment_report/human/002814/ WC500183331.pdf.
11. Kaihe X, Ma X, Cao N, Lei L, Lili S, Qiaogen Z, et al. Identification,
characterization and HPLC quantification of impurities in apremilast. Anal Methods 2016;8:1889-97.
12. Sirisha P, Sharma JV, Nikhitha S, Likitha R, Uday KB, Durga PS, et al. Method development and validation of Riocuguat by RP-HPLC. Pharm Int J Adv Pharm Sci 2016;7(2):3060-2.
13. USPC. United States Pharmacopeia 37, National Formulary 32. Rockville, MD, USA: United States Pharmacopeial Convention Inc.;2014.
14. European Pharmacopoeia 8.7.
15. ICH, Q2(R1). Harmonized Tripartite Guideline, Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology in Proceedings of the International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use; 2005.
16. Ashok CV, Sailaja BB. Method development and validation of assay and dissolution methods for the estimation of Daclatasvir in tablet dosage forms by reverse phase HPLC. Eur J Pharm Med Res
17. Ashok CV, Sailaja BB, Praveen KA. Development and validation of a dissolution method for frovatriptan tablets by reverse phase UPLC. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2015;7(4):125-30.
18. Ravichandran V, Shalini S, Sundramand KM, Rajak H. Validation of analytical methods-strategies and importance. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci
19. United States Food and Drug Administration. Guidance for Industry: Analytical Procedures and Methods Validation: Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls Documentation. Rockville, MD: Draft Guidance, USFDA; 2001.
20. USP. Chapter 1225. Validation of compendial methods. United States Pharmacopeia 37, National Formulary 32. Rockville, MD, USA: The United States Pharmacopeial Convention Inc.; 2014.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.