SORAFENIB INDUCED ACNEIFORM ERUPTIONS: A CASE REPORT
Sorafenib an oral tyrosine kinase inhibitor is used in the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma, renal cell carcinoma and thyroid cancer. Sorafenib acts by inhibiting various kinases like tyrosine kinase, RET tyrosine kinase, endothelial growth factor receptor, vascular endothelial growth factor 2 and 3 inhibits angiogenesis and cell proliferation. Acneiform eruptions are known side effect of EGFR inhibitors with incidence ranging between 20 to 90 percent , but acneiform eruptions with Sorafenib is seldom seen. Hence, we report a case of Sorafenib induced acneiform eruptions.Keywords: Sorafenib, EGFR, acneiform eruptions, adverse drug reactions
2. Scandurra G, Aiello RA, AlÃ¬ M, Taibi E, SanÃ² MV, Todaro FM, et al. Appropriate management of cutaneous adverse events maximizes compliance with sorafenib treatment: A single-center experience. Future Oncol 2012;8(5):609-15.
3. Ghatak SB, Panchal SJ. Sorafenib in hepatocellular carcinoma: Hype or hope. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2011;3 Suppl 4:1-4.
4. Pickert A, Hughes M, Wells M. Chloracne-like drug eruption associated with sorafenib. J Drugs Dermatol 2011;10(11):1331-4.
5. Cohen PR. Sorafenib-associated facial acneiform eruption. Dermatol Ther (Heidelb) 2015;5(1):77-86.
6. Joncas V, Sammour R, Krasny M, Bouffard D, Provost N. A distinctive cutaneous reaction to sorafenib and a multikinase inhibitor. Int J Dermatol 2008;47:767-9.
7. Fleta-AsÃn B, VaÃ±Ã³-GalvÃ¡n S, Ledo-RodrÃguez A, Truchuelo-DÃez M, JaÃ©n-Olasolo P. Facial acneiform rash associated with sorafenib. Dermatol Online J 2009;15(4):7.
8. Patil N, Kunder SK, Avinash A, Pathak A, Madhyastha S, Rao K, et al. Phenytoin-Induced acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2016;9(2):10-1.
9. Patil N, Rao NK, Balaji O, Hande HM, Rao R, Varghese G, et al. Indapamide induced SIADH with hypokalaemia: A case report. Res J Pharm Biol Chem Sci 2016;7(3):2693.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.