MICROSURGICAL CLIPPING IN THE RUPTURED AN ANEURYSM OF ANTERIOR COMMUNICATING ARTERY: A CASE REPORT
Objective: Ruptured saccular aneurysms are a common and serious medical problem. The prevalence of aneurysms is low during the first two decades of life and increases steadily after the third decade. Anterior communicating artery (AComA) aneurysms are regarded as the most complex of all intracranial aneurysms.
Methods: Here, we report a case of an aneurysm of AComA patient with the development of microsurgical technique and intraoperative monitoring technique.
Results: Permanent clipping was successfully performed in the neck of an aneurysm of AComA.
Conclusion: Microsurgical clipping still remains a definitive treatment of ruptured cerebral aneurysms.
2. Matsukawa H, Uemura A, Fujii M, Kamo M, Takahashi O, Sumiyoshi S. Morphological and clinical risk factors for the rupture of anterior communicating artery aneurysms. J Neurosurg 2013;118(5):978-83.
3. Li JW, Shi CH. Endovascular treatment of complicated ruptured anterior communicating artery aneurysms based on the anatomical features of the anterior communicating artery complex. Neurol India 2012;60(1):55-60.
4. Sinurat R, Maskoen AM, Hilmanto D, Wiriadisastra K. Role of SDF-1 and celecoxib in increasing quantity of neural stem cell in the lesion zone and outcome of spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2016;7:399-403.
5. Mathew E, Chandrika C, Karanath PM, Srinivasa R. A prospective observational study on prescribing trends and adverse drug reactions in stroke patients. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2017;9(7):25-30.
6. Caplan LR. Caplanâ€™s Stroke: A Clinical Approach. 4th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, Elsevier; 2009.
7. Sekhar LN, Natarajan SK, Britz GW, Ghodke B. Microsurgical management of anterior communicating artery aneurysms. Neurosurgery 2007;61 5 Suppl 2:273-90.
8. Molyneux A, Kerr R; International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT) Collaborative Group, Stratton I, Sandercock P, Clarke M, et al. International subarachnoid aneurysm trial (ISAT) of neurosurgical clipping versus endovascular coiling in 2143 patients with ruptured intracranial aneurysms: A randomized trial. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 2002;11(6):304-14.
9. Zhao Bing ZM, Tan X, Zheng K, Li J, Zhao J, Chen W. Surgical management of high-grade aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. Chin J Cerebrovasc Dis 2010;7(8):406-10.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.