A NOVEL APPROACH TOWARDS DEVELOPMENT OF QUINAZOLINE DERIVATIVES IN PAIN MANAGEMENT
Objective: To synthesis evaluation of the analgesic and anti-inflammatory activities of pyrazoline bearing 4(3H)-quinazolinone derivatives.
Methods: Synthesis of Chalcone (3a-3j) involves the Claisen-Schmidt condensation of equimolar quantities of substituted acetophenone with aromatic aldehyde in the presence of aqueous alkali (10%). Comp. (3a-3j) undergoes cyloaddition reaction with semicarbazide HCl in the presence of suitable solvent to yield comp. (4a-4j). It undergoes addition cyclization reaction with anthranillic acid to yield final comp. (6a-6j). Acute toxicity study of synthesized compound was found according to OECD guidelines 423. The test compound do not showed any toxicity up to 200mg/kg dose. Mortality was not observed during the course of study. The analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity of all synthesized compounds were carried by using hot plate method and Carrageenan induced Rat Paw Edema Method respectively.
Results: All compounds synthesized are obtained in crystalline form with good practical yield. The purity and homogeneity of compounds synthesized were determined by sharp melting points and TLC method. The chemical structures were confirmed by FTIR, 1HNMR, and Mass spectrum.
Conclusion: The synthesized compound 6b, 6d, 6e, 6i and 6j showed good analgesic and anti-inflammatory activities whereas others showed significant activities.
Keywords: Quinazoline, pyrazole, analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity.
1. Rajveer CH, Swarnalatha CH, Stephen RB, Sudhrshini S, Synthesis of 6-Bromo-oxo quinazoline derivatives and their pharamcological activities, Int. J. Chem. Res., 2010; (1): 21-24.
2. Alafeefy AM, Kadi AA, Al-Deeb OA, Synthesis, analgesic and anti-inflammatory evaluation of some novel quinazoline derivatives, Eur. J. Med. Chem., 2010; (45): 4947-4952.
3. Salunkhe PS, Patel HM, Shimpi RD, Lalwani NN, Study of analgesic & anti-inflammatory evaluation of some 2, 3-dihydroquinozoline-4-one derivatives, Int. J. Pharm. Res., 2010; (2): 974-987.
4. Aanandhi MV, Velmurugan V, Shanmugapriya S, Synthesis, characterization and biological evaluation of 3,4-Dihydro quinazoline2(H)-one derivatives, J. of Chem and Pharm. Res., 2011; (2): 676-683.
5. Patel HU, Patel RS, Patel CN, Synthesis and Antihypertensive Activity of Some Quinazoline Derivatives, J. App. Pharma. Sci., 2013; (3): 171-174.
6. Honkane E, Kairisalo P, Nore P, Karppanen H, Synthesis and antihypertensive activity of some new quinazoline derivatives, J. Med. Chem., 1983; (10): 1433-1438.
7. Aly AA, Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some annelated quinazoline derivatives, J. Chin. Chem., 2007; (54): 437-446.
8. Selvam TP, Kumar PV, Rajaram C, Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of novel thiazoloquinazoline derivatives, Int. J. Pharma. Sci., 2010; (2): 119-122 .
9. Break LM, Mosselhi MA, Synthesis,structure and antimicrobial activity of new 3 and 2-arylmethyl and arylacyl-3H[1,2,4]triazino[3,2-b]-quinazoline-2,6(1H) diones as expected as DNA fluorphores, J. Chem. Sci., 2012; (5): 23-28.
10. Kiruthiga B, Ilango K, Valentina P, Synthesis of some new 2-substituted quinazolin-4-one derivatives and their biological activities, Int. J. Pharm. Tech. Research, 2009; (4): 1503-1506.
11. El-helby AG, Abdel wahab MH, Design and synthesis of some new derivatives of 3H- quinazolin-4-one with promising anticonvulsant activity, Acta Pharm., 2003; (53): 127â€“138.
12. Ilangovan P, Ganguly S, Pandi V, Stables JP, Stables, Design and synthesis of novel quinazolinone derivatives as broad spectrum anticonvulsants, Sch. Res. Lib., 2010; (1): 13-21.
13. Kadi AA, El-Azab AS, Alafeefy AM, Synthesis and biological screening of some new substituted 2-mercapto-4-(H)-quinazolinone analogs as anticonvulsant agents, Az. J. Pharm. Sci., 2008; (34): 147.
14. Nerkar AG, Saxena AK, Ghone SA, In Silico Screening, Synthesis and In Vitro evaluation of some quinazolinone and pyridine derivatives as dihydrofolate reductase inhibitors for anticancer activity, J. of Chem., 2009; (6): 97-102.
15. Manasa K, Sidhaye RV, Radhika G, Nalini CN, Synthesis, antioxidant and anticancer activity of quinazoline derivatives, Current Pharma Research, 2011; (2): 101-105.
16. Guan J, Zhang Q, Oâ€™Neil M, Antimalarial activities of new pyrrolo[3,2-f]quinazoline-1,3-diamine derivatives, Ame. Soci. for Micro., 2005; (12): 4928â€“4933.
17. Wang HJ, Wei CX, Deng XQ, Synthesis and evaluation on anticonvulsant and antidepressant activities of 5-Alkoxy tetrazolo[1,5-a]quinazolines, Arch. Pharm., 2009; (11): 671-675.
18. El-enany MM, El-meligie SM, Abdou N, El-nassan B, Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some 3,5-diaryl-4,5-dihydropyrazole derivatives, Orient. J. Chem., 2010; (4): 1265-1270.
19. Khalil OM, Refaat HM, Synthesis and antiinflammatory activity of some 3,5-diaryl-4,5-dihydropyrazole derivatives, Orient. J. Chem., 2011; (4): 1581-1591.
20. Kumar A, Verma RS, Jaju BP, Sinha JN, Synthesis and biological properties of 4-(3H)-quinazolone derivatives, J. Indian Chem. Soc., 1990; (67): 920â€“921.
21. Bekhit AA, Ashour HMA, Abdel Ghany YS, Bekhit AA, Baraka A, Synthesis and anti-inflammatory evaluation of some condensed [4-(3,4-dimethylphenyl)-1(2H)-oxo-phthalazin-2-yl]acetic acid hydrazide, Eur. J. Med. Chem., 2008; (43): 456â€“463.
22. Salimi M, Ghahremani MH, Naderi N, Amini M, Salimi M, Amanlou M, Abdi K, Salehi R, Shafiee A, Structure activity relationship studies of synthesized pyrazolone derivatives of imidazole, benzimidazole and benztriazole moiety for anti-inflammatory activity, Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, Acta Pharmacol., 2007; (8): 1254â€“1260.
23. A.K. Gadad, B.S. Kittur, S.G. Kapsi, C.S. Mahajanshetti, S.B. Rajur, Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some 3,5-diaryl-4,5-dihydropyrazole-1-thiosemicarbazide derivatives, 1996; (46): 1082â€“1085.
24. OECD (2000), Guidance Documents on Acute Oral Toxicity, Environmental Health and safety Monograph Series on Testing and Assessment No. 24.
25. Vogel HG et al. Drug Discovery and evaluation pharmacological assay. 2nd ed. New York: Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg; 2002. p. 696,759.