EFFECT OF URANIUM NITRICUM IN LM POTENCIES ON REDUCTION IN CARDIOVASCULAR RISK AMONG PATIENT WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES MELLITUS
Objectives: The present study was carried to determine the reduction in cardiovascular (CV) risk among the patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) after treatment with homeopathic uranium nitricum in LM potencies on the top of unstable background antidiabetic and lipid-modifying therapy.
Methods: This study was open-label, placebo-controlled, parallel arm phase 3 study, stratified according to glycated hemoglobin values (<7.0, >7.0). Male and female patients with T2DM (>18 years old) were included in this study from Bharati Vidyapeeth Homeopathic Hospital, Pune. The CV risk was assessed through the United Kingdom Prospective Diabetes Study (UKPDS) search engine. This study was conducted during October 2014â€“ December 2015.
Results: Female prevalence was more (52.94%) than male (47.05%) in the current study. The average body mass index of the population was 26.98 (24.9, 29.1). The significant CV risk reduction (p<0.05) after treatment with uranium nitricum in LM potencies was observed for non-fatal and fatal coronary heart disease p< among the patients with patients with T2DM.
Conclusion: The homeopathic formulation of uranium nitricum in LM potencies significantly reduces the CV risk when assessed through UKPDS search engine in the patients with T2DM on the background of unstable antidiabetic therapy and LMT.
2. Kandhare AD, Mukherjee A, Bodhankar SL. Antioxidant for treatment of diabetic nephropathy: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Chem Biol Interact 2017;278:212-21.
3. Tambewagh UU, Kandhare AD, Honmore VS, Kadam PP, Khedkar VM, Bodhankar SL, et al. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant potential of Guaianolide isolated from Cyathocline purpurea: Role of COX-2 inhibition. Int Immunopharmacol 2017;52:110-8.
4. Visnagri A, Kandhare AD, Chakravarty S, Ghosh P, Bodhankar SL. Hesperidin, a flavanoglycone attenuates experimental diabetic neuropathy via modulation of cellular and biochemical marker to improve nerve functions. Pharm Biol 2014;52:814-28.
5. Andayani T, Ibrahim M, Asdie A. The association of diabetes-related factor and quality of life in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2010;2:139-45.
6. Sarwar N, Gao P, Seshasai SR, Gobin R, Kaptoge S, Di Angelantonio E, et al. Diabetes mellitus, fasting blood glucose concentration, and risk of vascular disease: A collaborative meta-analysis of 102 prospective studies. Lancet 2010;375:2215-22.
7. Kumar M, Dahiya V, Mishra S, Sharma D, Mishra N, Lahkar M. Cardiovascular disease prevalence and drug utilization patterns at a tertiary care hospital in northeastern India. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2016;8:116-9.
8. Shivakumar V, Kandhare AD, Rajmane AR, Adil M, Ghosh P, Badgujar LB, et al. Estimation of the long-term cardiovascular events using ukpds risk engine in metabolic syndrome patients. Indian J Pharm Sci 2014;76:174-8.
9. Badole SL, Chaudhari SM, Jangam GB, Kandhare AD, Bodhankar SL. Cardioprotective activity of Pongamia pinnata in streptozotocin-nicotinamide induced diabetic rats. Biomed Res Int 2015;2015:403291.
10. Gu K, Cowie CC, Harris MI. Mortality in adults with and without diabetes in a national cohort of the U.S. population, 1971-1993. Diabetes Care 1998;21:1138-45.
11. To KL, Fok YY, Chong KC, Lee YC, Yiu LS. Individualized homeopathic treatment in addition to conventional treatment in type II diabetic patients in Hong Kong-a retrospective cohort study. Homeopathy 2017;106:79-86.
12. Patil MV, Kandhare AD, Bhise SD. Anti-inflammatory effect of Daucus carota root on experimental colitis in rats. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2012;4:337-43.
13. Ryden L, Grant PJ, Anker SD, Berne C, Cosentino F, Danchin N, et al. ESC Guidelines on diabetes, pre-diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases developed in collaboration with the EASD: The task force on diabetes, pre-diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and developed in collaboration with the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD). Eur Heart J 2013;34:3035-87.
14. Ghosh P, Kandhare AD, Raygude KS, Kumar VS, Rajmane AR, Adil M, et al. Determination of the long term diabetes related complications and cardiovascular events using UKPDS risk engine and UKPDS outcomes model in a representative western Indian population. Asian Pac J Trop Dis 2012;2:S642-50.
15. World Medical Association. Code of ethics of the world medical association: Declaration of helsinki. Helsinki, Finland: WMA; June 1964. BMJ 1964;2:177.
16. Rickham PP. Human experimentation. Code of ethics of the World Medical Association. Declaration of Helsinki. Br Med J 1964;2:177.
17. Schroyens F. Synthesis Repertory in Radar 10.0. Assesse, Belgium; 2007.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.