PREPARATION AND EVALUATION OF IBUPROFEN EFFERVESCENT GRANULES
Objectives: The aim of the present investigation is to prepare the effervescent granules of different formulations and evaluated for different parameters including drug release study.
Methods: The effervescent granules of five different formulations such as F1, F2, F3, F4, and F5 were prepared by the wet granulation method using different concentration of excipients including sodium bicarbonate and potassium bicarbonate. The prepared formulations were evaluated for different parameters including effervescent time as well as drug release study.
Results: After evaluating all the parameters, it has been found that the formulation F5 shows better drug release among all the formulation and least effervescent time. Where it can conclude that as the effervescent time is less, i.e., it quickly bursts and shows its effect quickly. Lesser the bursting time quicker the drug release.
2. Srinath KR, Chowdary CP, Palanisamy P, Vamsy KA, Aparna S, Ali SS, et al. Preparation and evaluation of effervescent tablets of paracetamol. Int J Pharm Res Dev 2011;3:76-104.
3. Satapathy SR, Patra M, Patnaik M. Process and variation in effervescent formulation: A review. Innov Int J Med Pharm Sci 2016;1:1-3.
4. Patel HK, Chuhan P, Patel KN, Patel BA, Patel PA. Formulation and evaluation of effervescent tablet of paracetamol and ibuprofen. Int J Pharm Res Sch 2012;1:1-2.
5. Bhattacharyya S, Swetha G. Formulation and evaluation of effervescent granules of fexofenadine hydrochloride. Pharm Innov 2014;3:1-8.
6. Banerjee N, Singh S. Formulation, evaluation and optimization of effervescent granules to be reconstituted into suspension of levetiracetam for sustained release. Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res 2013;20:181-6.
7. Maghrabi IA. Formulation of effervescent ibuprofen. Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res 2017;43:194-9.
8. Shet N, Vaidya I, Banerjee N. Formulation and evaluation of aceclofenac sodium effervescent taste masked granules. Int J Bio Pharm 2014;5:50 8.
9. Palanisamy P, Rabi A, Kumar DY. Formulation and evaluation of effervescent tablets of aceclofenac. Int Res J Pharm 2011;2:185-190.
10. Aslani A, Jahangiri H. Formulation, characterization and physicochemical evaluation of ranitidine effervescent tablets. Adv Pharm Bull 2013;3:315-22.
11. Thulluru A, Kumar VS, Kumar MP, Roshitha B. Effect of effervescence in combination with superdisintegrants in the formulation of propranolol HCl oral disintegrating tablets. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2017;10:227 34.
12. Diyya AS, Thomas NV. Formulation and evaluation of metronidazole effervescent granules. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2018;9:2525-9.
13. Singh SK, Sharma V, Pathak K. Formulation and evaluation of taste masked rapid release tablets of sumatriptan succinate. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2012;4:168-74.
14. Mali AD, Bathe RS. Development and evaluation of gastro retentive floating tablets of a Quinapril HCL by direct compression technique. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2017;9:36-45.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.