ADHERENCE AND ASSOCIATED ADVERSE DRUG REACTION WITH ANTIDEPRESSANTS MEDICATION AMONG DEPRESSION PATIENTS IN PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL IN POKHARA, NEPAL
2. World Health Organization. The World Health Report 2001: Mental Health: New Understanding, New Hope. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2001. Available from: https://www.who.int/whr/2001/ chapter2/en/index4.html.
3. World Health Organization. The Global Burden of Disease: 2004 Update. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2008.
4. Mental Health in Nepal; what do Evidence Say? Available from: https:// www.herd.org.np.
5. Regmi SK, Pokharel A, Ojha SP, Pradhan SN, Chapagain G. Nepal mental health country profile. Int Rev Psychiatry 2004;16:142-9.
6. Armstrong C. APA releases guideline on treatment of patients with major depressive disorder. Am Fam Physician 2011;83:1219-27.
7. Gelenberg AJ, Freeman MP, Markowitz JC, Rosenbaum JF, Thase ME, Trivedi MH, et al. American psychiatric association practice guidelines for the treatment of patients with major depressive disorder. Am J Psychiatry 2010;167:9-118.
8. Qaseem A, Snow V, Denberg TD, Forciea MA, Owens DK. Using second-generation antidepressants to treat depressive disorders: A clinical practice guideline from the American college of physicians Ann Intern Med 2008;149:725-33.
9. Tamburrino MB, Nagel RW, Chahal MK, Lynch DJ. Antidepressant medication adherence: A study of primary care patients. Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry 2009;11:205-11.
10. Abegaz TM, Sori LM, Toleha HN. Self-reported adverse drug reactions, medication adherence, and clinical outcomes among major depressive disorder patients in Ethiopia: A prospective hospital based study. Psychiatry J 2017;2017:5812817.
11. Ho SC, Jacob SA, Tangiisuran B. Barriers and facilitators of adherence to antidepressants among outpatients with major depressive disorder: A qualitative study. PloS One 2017;12:e0179290.
12. Morisky DE, Ang A, Krousel-Wood M, Ward HJ. Predictive validity of a medication adherence measure in an outpatient setting. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 2008;10:348-54.
13. Nahas AR, Sulaiman SA. Prescribing patterns of antidepressants among depressive men in Malaysia: A survey. J Young Pharm 2018;10:98-101.
14. Bauer M, Monz BU, Montejo AL, Quail D, Dantchev N, Demyttenaere K, et al. Prescribing patterns of antidepressants in Europe: Results from the factors influencing depression endpoints research (FINDER) study. Eur Psychiatry 2008;23:66-73.
15. Olfson M, Marcus SC. National patterns in antidepressant medication treatment. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2009;66:848-56.
16. Ferguson JM. SSRI antidepressant medications: Adverse effects and tolerability. Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry 2001;3:22-7.
17. Mishra S, Swain TR, Mohanty M. Adverse drug reaction monitoring of antidepressants in the psychiatry outpatients department of a tertiary care teaching hospital. J Clin Diagn Res 2013;7:1131-4.
18. Mukherjee S, Sen S, Chatterjee SS, Era N, Ghosal M, Tripathi SK. Adverse drug reaction monitoring of antidepressants in the psychiatry out patient department at a tertiary care teaching hospital in India: A cross-sectional observational study. Eur J Psychol Educ Stud 2015;2:14-9.
19. Masand PS, Gupta S. Long-term side effects of newer-generation antidepressants: SSRIS, venlafaxine, nefazodone, bupropion, and mirtazapine. Ann Clin Psychiatry 2002;14:175-82.
20. Al Jumah K, Hassali MA, Al Qhatani D, El Tahir K. Factors associated with adherence to medication among depressed patients from Saudi Arabia: A cross-sectional study. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 2014;10:2031-7.
21. Burra TA, Chen E, McIntyre RS, Grace SL, Blackmore ER, Stewart DE. Predictors of self-reported antidepressant adherence. Behav Med 2007;32:127-34.
22. Goethe JW, Woolley SB, Cardoni AA, Woznicki BA, Piez DA. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor discontinuation: Side effects and other factors that influence medication adherence. J Clin Psychopharmacol 2007;27:451-8.
23. Demyttenaere K. Compliance during treatment with antidepressants. J Affect Disord 1997;43:27-39.
24. Martin-Vazquez MJ, Garcia-Toro M, Campoamor F, Pareja A, Aguirre I, Salva J, et al. Use and results of antidepressant treatment: Patients’ perception. Curr Drug Ther 2011;6:271-7.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.