A REVIEW OF ANALYTICAL METHODS FOR DETERMINATION OF TYPE- II ANTIDIABETIC DRUGS IN PHARMACEUTICALS AND BIOLOGICAL MATRICES
Its a meglitinide analog is an oral symptom designed to common hour aldohexose excursions. Through not an antidiabetic, it acts in AN analogous manner by binding to antidiabetic receptor likewise on alternative one distinct receptor-» closure of adenosine triphosphate dependent K+ channel-» of depolarization-» internal secretion unharnesses. Repaglinide induces fast onset short-lasting internal secretion discharged. It is administered antero every main meal to stabilize postprandial hyperglycemia; the dose ought to be emitted if a food material is incomprehensible. Because of less permanent action, it perhaps had a lower risk of the seriousness of hypoglycemia. Repaglinide is indicated solely in type-II DM as another to sulfonylureas, or to supplement metformin/long internal secretion. It ought to be avoided in disease. This review delivers a detail description totally different of various analytical ways were printed for the estimation of repaglinide and its combination medicine in prescription drugs and biological matrices. This assessment encompasses different analytical ways such as chemical analysis ways, aggressive liquid activity (HPLC), superior thin-layer activity (HPTLC), liquid chromatography-mass spectroscopic analysis (LC-MS), and ultra-performance liquid activity (UPLC), GC-MS, [LC-ESI-MS-MS], capillary activity (CE), titrimetric and chemical science technique, and designation study for the estimation of repaglinide and together with a mixture.
2. Niemi M, Neuvonen PJ, Kivisto KT. The cytochrome P4503A4 inhibitor clarithromycin increases the plasma concentrations and effects of repaglinide. Clin Pharmocol Ther 2001;70:58-65.
3. Dabrowski M, Wahl P, Holmes WE, Ashcroft FM. Effect of repaglinide on cloned beta cell, cardiac and smooth muscle types of ATP-sensitive potassium channel. Diabetology 2001;44:747-56.
4. Neil MJ, Heckerman PE, Koch CB, Roman KJ. The Merk Index. An Encyclopaedia of Chemical, Drugs and Biological. 14th ed. White House Station NJ, USA: Merk and co. Inc.; 2012.
5. Internet Source-Product Information, JANUMET, JANUMET, XR; 2009. Available from: https://www.secure.healthlinks.net.au/content/ msd/pi.cfm?product=mkpjanum. [Last accessed on 2016 Nov 24].
6. Marbury TM, Ruckle JL, Hatorp V, Andersen MP, Nielsen KK, Huang WC, Strange P. Pharmacokinetics of repaglinide in subjects with renal impairment. Clin Pharmacol Their 2000;67:7-15.
7. Sweetman SC, editor. Martindale the Complete Drug Reference. 36th ed. London: Pharmaceutical Press; 2009. p. 457.
8. Altun Z. New Techniques for Sample Preparation in Analytical Chemistry. Micro Extraction in Packed Syringe. Karlstad: Karlstad University Studies, Kakulteten for Teknik OchNaturvetenskap; 2008.
9. Fouad MM, Rashed NS. Development and validation of chromatographic and spectroscopic method for estimation of repaglinide and metformin hydrochloride in combined dosage forms. J Glob Trends Pharm Sci 2014;5:1844-8.
10. Smitaben HB, Jyotika GT, Minaxi G, Mukesh TM. Analytical method development of repaglinide in bulk and single component formulations. Int J Res Ayurveda Pharm 2013;4:136-7.
11. Dhole SM, Khedekar PB, Amnerkar ND. Comparison of UV spectrophotometry and HPLC Method for the determination of repaglinide tablets. Pharm Methods 2012;3:68-72.
12. Gandhimanthi M, Ravi TK, Renu SK. Determination of repaglinide in pharmaceutical formulation by HPLC with UV detection. Anal Sci 2003;19:1675-7.
13. Patel JR, Suhagia BN, Patel BH. Simultaneous spectrophotometric estimation of metformin and repaglinide in a synthetic mixture. Indian J Pharm Sci 2007;69:844-6.
14. Rajput SJ, Chaudhary BG. Validated analytical methods of repaglinide in bulk and tablet formulation. Indian J Pharm Sci 2006;68:130-2.
15. Joshi SS, Nahire RR, Shastri NR, Nath KV, Satish J. Validated stability indicating RP-HPLC, UV method for simultaneous determination of metformin and repaglinide. Acta Chromatogr A 2012;24:419-32.
16. Kumar DA, Kumar PK, Ranjit AD, Murthy PN, Kumar PA. Method development, validation, and stability study of repaglinide in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form by UV spectrometric method. Int J Biol Pharm Res 2011;2:7-10.
17. Kaushal N, Jain S, Tiwari AK. Development of spectrofluorimetric and HPLC Methods for in vitro analysis repaglinide. Indian J Pharm Sci 2010;2:240-4.
18. Ayoub BM. Development and validation of simple spectrophotometric and chemometric methods for simultaneous determination of empagliflozin and metformin, applied to recently approved pharmaceutical formulation. Spectrochemical Acta A Mol Spectrosc 2016;168:118-22.
19. Elkady EF, El-Zaher AA, Elwy HM, Saleh MA. Validated liquid chromatographic method for simultaneous determination of metformin, pioglitazone, sitagliptin, repaglinide, glibenclamide and gliclazide application for counterfeit drug analysis. J Anal Bioanal Tech 2015;13:2-8.
20. Lakshmi KS, Rajesh T. Separation and quantification of eight antidiabetic drugs on a high performance liquid chromatography: Its application to human plasma assay. Int J Sch Res Netw Pharm 2011;7:521353.
21. Ruzilawati AB, Wahab MA, Imran A, Ismail J, Gan SH. Method development and validation of repaglinide in human plasma by HPLC and its application in pharmacokinetic studies. J Pharm Biomed Anal 2007;43:1831-5.
22. Tatiparthi RR, Duraiswamy D, Bonnoth CK. Method development and validation of metformin and repaglinide in rabbit plasma by RP-HPLC, bio- analytical and ADME laboratory services or FABAD. J Pharm Sci 2010;35:69-75.
23. Pingale PL, Nandasana PV. Development, and validation of RP-HPLC method for the estimation of repaglinide in bulk drug and pharmaceutical formulation. Int J Drug Dev Res 2012;3:247-52.
24. Raja MA, Santoshi R, Banjo D, Rao K, Kumar DS. RP-HPLC method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of metformin and repaglinide in bulk and tablet dosage form. Asian J Res Pharm Sci Biotechnol 2015;3:33-40.
25. Yao J, Shi YQ, Rongli Z, Jin SH. Development of a RP-HPLC method for screening potentially counterfeit anti diabetic drugs. J Chromatogr 2007;2:254-9.
26. Adib N, Chi MS, Dabirgiaghi A, Hajimehdipoor H, Rastegar H, Abkari- Adergani B. A new HPLC method for determination of repaglinide in human plasma and its application in bio-equivalence studies. Biosci Biotechnol Res Asia 2010;7:281-5.
27. Kalyankar TM, Kakde RB. Reversed-phase liquid chromatography method for simultaneous determination of metformin and repaglinide in pharmaceutical preparations. Res J Pharm Dosage Forms Technol 2011;3:233-7.
28. Bramanian RN, Giri SP, Nerella R, Duraipandian C, Seetharaman S. Stability indicating RP-HPLC method for estimation of repaglinide in rabbit plasma. Int J Appl Pharm 2019;3:206-10.
29. Deepar P, Bhai JP, Madhabhai MP. Stability indicating HPLC method for simultaneous determination of repaglinide and metformin hydrochloride in pharmaceutical dosage form. Asian J Res Chem 2013;3:500-5.
30. Sonia K, Nappinnari M, Manikandan K. Stability indicating RP-HPLC method for the estimation of metformin hydrochloride and repaglinide as API and estimation on tablet dosage form. Int J Pharm Qual Assur 2016;3:46-50.
31. Joshi SS, Nahire RR, Shastri NR, Surendranath KV, Satish J. Validated stability indicating RP-HPLC UV method for simultaneous determination of metformin and repaglinide. Acta Chromatogr A 2012;24:419-32.
32. EI-Shaheny RN. Validation stability indicating spectrofluorimetric methods with enhanced sensitivity for determination of repaglinide in tablets. J Fluoresc 2012;6:1587-94.
33. Mukesh C, Sharma SS. Stability indicating RP-HPLC method for determination and validation of repaglinide in pharmaceutical dosage form. Int J ChemTech Res 2011;3:210-6.
34. Deshpande K, Ranaware P, Madgulkar AR, Damle MC. Development and validation of stability indicating HPTLC method for determination of repaglinide. Res J Pharm Technol 2013;6:158-61.
35. Xavier CM, Basavaiah K, Ramesh PJ. Development and validation of two stability indicating UV-Spectrophotometric methods for the determination of repaglinide in bulk and dosage forms. Int J ChemTech Res 2013;5:72-9.
36. Mishra J, Nayak K, Sahoo SK. Development validation and stability study of UV spectrophotometric method for determination of repaglinide in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. J Innov Appl Pharm Sci 2016;1:10-6.
37. EL-Sattar FM, Abdel-Aziz OA, Maya OS. Stability indicating RP-HPLC methods for determination of some oral hypoglycaemic used drugs. Drug Invent Today 2010;2:443-53.
38. Zhang J, Gao F, Guan X, Sun YT, Gu JK, Fawcett P, et al. Determination of repaglinide in human plasma by high performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. Acta Pharm Sin B 2011;1:40-5.
39. Fayyad MK, Ghanem EH. Liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry method for determination of anti-diabetic drug repaglinide in human plasma. Am J Anal Chem 2014;5:281-90.
40. Xiao-Rong L, Xiao-Jian D, Yi-Fan Z, Jue-Fang D, Xiao-Yan C, Da-Fang Z. Liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry simultaneous determination of repaglinide and metformin in human plasma and its application to bioequivalence study. Acta Pharm Sin 2013;4:547-53.
41. Simoes RA, Bonito PS, Mirnaghi FS, Bojko B, Pawliszyn J. Bio-analytical method for in vitro metabolism study of repaglinide using 96 blades thin film solid phase microextraction and LC-MS/MS. Bioanalysis 2015;7:65-77.
42. Gumieniczek A, Berecka A, Mroczek RT, Wastanowski K. Determination of chrmical stability of two oral antidiabetics, metformin and repaglinide in the solid state and solution using LC-UV, LC-MS, and FT-IR methods. J Mol 2019;24:4430.
43. Akhtar J, Fareed S, Aqil M. Stability indicating assay of repaglinide in bulk and optimized nano emulsion by validated high performance thin layer chromatography techniques. J Pharm Bioallied Sci 2013;3:184-90.
44. Ahir KB, Patella EM, Shah A. Simultaneous estimation of metformin hydrochloride and repaglinide in pharmaceutical formulation by HPTLC densitometry method. J Chromatogr Sep Tech 2013;4:2-5.
45. Jiladia MA, Pandya SS. Estimation of repaglinide in bulk and tablet dosage forms by HPTLC method. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2009;1:141-4.
46. Pandekiran D, Pranjali R, Madgulkar AR, Damle MC. Development, and validation of stability indicating HPTLC method for determination of repaglinide. Res J Pharm Technol 2013;2:158-61.
47. Singh D, Kumar P, Kumar P. Development and validation of HPTLC method for the estimation of repaglinide in bulk and tablet dosage form. Int J Curr Trends Pharm Res 2013;1:189-93.
48. Xavier CM, Basavaiah K, Development and validation of a simple stability indicating UPLC method for the determination of repaglinide in pharmaceuticals. Thai J Pharm Sci 2013;37:84-94.
49. Gumustas M, Coskun G, Ozkan SA. Selective and sensitive determination of repaglinide in pharmaceuticals by voltametric and LC methods. Acad Rom Rev Roum Chim 2015;60:477-90.
50. EI-Zaher AA, Elkady EF, Elwy HM, El Makarim Saleh MA. A new rapid and economic liquid chromatographic method for simultaneous determination of meglitinides with metformin, application in the presence of metformin and repaglinide impurities and related compounds. J Iran Chem Soc 2018;15:61-74.
51. Yi H, Yi L, He R, Lv Q, Ren X, Zhang Z. Dynamic metabolic profiling of urine from Type-2 diabetic KK-AY MICE treated with repaglinide by GC-MS. J Anal Lett 2012;13:1862-74.
52. Li C, Jiang Y. Analysis of repaglinide enantiomers in pharmaceutical formulations by capillary electrophoresis using 2, 6- Di-O-methyl cyclodextrin as a chiral selector. J Chromatogr Sci 2012;8:739-43.
53. Zuo L, Meng H, Wu J, Jiang Z, Xu S, Guo X. Combined use of ionic liquid and ?-CD for enantio separation of 12 pharmaceuticals using CE. J Sep Sci 2013;3:517-23.
54. Berecka A, Gumieniczek A, Komsta L, Ingot T. Elaboration, and validation of a mew capillary electrophoresis method in non-aqueous milieu for the analysis of hypoglycaemics drug repaglinide in pharmaceuticals. Ann UMCS Pharm 2011;24:9-15.
55. Yuan XW, Sun JY, Wang SZ, Guo XJ. Determination of R (-)-isomer in repaglinide tablets by capillary electrophoresis. Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 2014;43:145-9.
56. Patil K, Rane V, Shinde D. A validated chiral LC method for the enantiomeric separation of repaglinide on amylose based stationary phase. J Chromatogr 2007;66:583-7.
57. Jirovsky D, Bartosova Z, Skopalova J, Maier V. Electro-chemical characterization of repaglinide and its determination in human plasma using liquid chromatography with dual channel coulometric detection. J Chromatogr B Anal Technol Biomed Life Sci 2010;31:2243-8.
58. Chander CP, Raju B, Ramesh M, Shankar G. LC-ESI-MS study of repaglinide and its forced degradation products. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 2017;32:72.
59. Fu H, Li H, Shao M, Yang TM. simultaneous determination of repaglinide and irbesartan in biological plasma using micellar enhanced excitation emission matrix fluorescence coupled with ATLD method. Sci Chin Chem 2016;59:5569-0.
60. Han DG, Kwok J, Seo SW, Kim JM. Pharmacokinetic evaluation of metabolic drug interactions between repaglinide and celecoxib by a bio-analytical HPLC Method for their simultaneous determination with fluorescence detections. Pharmaceutics 2019;11:382.
61. Gumieniczek A, Berecka A, Hopkala H. Quantitative analysis of repaglinide in tablets by reversed-phase-thin-layer-chromatography with densitometric UV detection. J Plan Chromatogr Med 2005;18:155-9.
62. Zheng L, Wang J, Wang Y, Song Z. A sensitive chemiluminescent immune-assay for point of care testing of repaglinide in natural dietary supplements and serum. Anal Bioanal Chem 2015;407:1973-80.
63. Maier V, Znaleziona J, Jirovsky D, Skopalova J, Petr J, Sevcik J. Determination of anti-hyperglycaemic drugs in nano molar concentration levels by micellar electro kinetic chromatography with non -ionic surfactant. J Chromatogr 2009;20:4492-8.
64. Mandil HH, Sakur AA, Alulu S. Polarographic behaviour and quantification of the anti-diabetic drug repaglinide in pure form and pharmaceutical formulations. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2013;5:502-8.
65. Reddy KV, Babu J, Mathad VT, Eswaraiah S. Impurity profile study of repaglinide. J Pharm Biomed Anal 2003;32:461-7.
66. Hussein RO, Hussein HH, Hamza ZM. Diagnosis of diabetes mellitus in serum of pregnant women by using UV spectroscopy technique. J Kufa Phys 2015;7:92-6.
67. Lu Y, Wang Y, Ong CN, Subramaniam T, Choi HW, Yuan JM, et al. Metabolic signatures and risk of Type 2 diabetes in a Chinese population: An untargeted metabolomics study using both LC-MS and GC-MS. Diabetology 2016;59:2349-59.
68. Sherwani SI, Khan HA, Ekhzaimy A, Masood A, Sakharkar MK. Significance of hbA1c test in diagnosis and prognosis of diabetic patients. Biomark Insights 2016;11:95-104.
69. Xu W, Zhang L, Huang Y, Yang Q, Xiao H, Zhang D. Urinary fatty acid composition and biomarkers discovery for Type-2 diabetic patients based on ultra-performance liquid chromatography quadrupole/time of flight mass spectrometry and multivariate statically analysis. J Anal Lett 2012;45:2649-62.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.