A REVIEW OF ANALYTICAL METHODS FOR DETERMINATION OF TYPE- II ANTI-DIABETIC DRUGS IN PHARMACEUTICALS AND BIOLOGICAL MATRICES
ANALYTICAL METHODS ON TYPE-II ANTI- DIABETIC DRUGS
It's a meglitinide Analogue is an oral symptom designed to common hour aldohexose excursions. Through not an antidiabetic, it acts in AN 'analogous manner by binding to antidiabetic receptor likewise on alternative one distinct receptor-» closure of adenosine triphosphate dependent K+ channel-» of depolarisation-» internal secretion unharnesses. Repaglinide induces fast onset short-lasting internal secretion discharged. it's administered Antero every main meal to stabilize postprandial hyperglycaemia; the dose ought to be emitted if a food material is incomprehensible. Because of less permanent action, it perhaps had a lower risk of the seriousness of hypoglycaemia. Repaglinide is indicated solely in type-II DM as another to sulfonylureas, or to supplement metformin/ long internal secretion. It ought to be avoided in disease. This review delivers a detail description totally different of various] analytical ways were printed for the estimation of Repaglinide and its combination medicine in prescription drugs and biological matrices This assessment encompasses different analytical ways like chemical analysis ways, aggressive liquid activity (HPLC), superior thin-layer activity (HPTLC), liquid chromatography-mass spectroscopic analysis (LC-MS), and ultra-performance liquid activity (UPLC), GC-MS, [LC-ESI-MS-MS], capillary activity (CE), titrimetric and chemical science technique and designation study for the estimation of Repaglinide and together with a mixture.
2. M. Niemi, P. J. Neuvonen, and K. T. Kivisto, Clin. Pharmocol. Therapeutics., 2001, 70, 58.
3. M. Dabrowski, P. Wahl, W. E. Holmes, and F. M. Ashcroft, Diabetology., 2001, 44, 747.
4. O. Neil Mj, Heckerman pe, Koch Cb and roman kJ, the Merk index. An Encyclopaedia of chemical, drugs and biological, 141h edition, Merk & co. Inc. white house station NJ. USA. 2012.
5. inter net source -product information, Janumet, Janumet, XR, 2009. Available from, http://secure. Health Link. Net.au.
6. T. M. Mar bury, J> L. Ruckle, V. Hatorp, M. P. Andersen, k. k. Nielsen, w. c. Huang, p. strange, clin, Pharmacol. Their. , 67, 7-15.
7. S.C. Sweetman (Ed) Martindale The Complete Drug Reference, 36th edn, Pharmaceutical Press, London, 2009, p. 457.
8. Altun, new techniques for sample preparation in analytical chemistry. Micro extraction in packed syringe, Karlstad university studies, kakulteten for Teknik- Och Naturvetenskap, 2008.
9. Mandal M, Fouad, Noha S, Rashed. Development and validation of chromatographic and spectroscopic method for estimation of repaglinide and metformin hydrochloride in combined dosage forms. Journal of global trends in pharmaceutical sciences, 2014, 5, 1844-1848.
10. Baravaliya Smitaben H, Tandel Jyotika G, Gaste Minaxi, mohite Mukesh T. analytical method development of repaglinide in bulk and single component formulations. In international journal of research in Ayurveda and pharmacy, 2013, 4, 136-137.
11. Seema m, dhole, Pramod b, Khedekar, and Nikhil d, Amnerkar. Comparison of UV – spectrophotometry and HPLC Method for the determination of repaglinide tablets. Pharmaceutical methods, 2012, 3, 68-72.
12. M. Gandhimanthi, T. K. Ravi, and Susan Kurian Renu. Determination of repaglinide in pharmaceutical formulation by HPLC with UV detection. Analytical sciences, 2003, 19, 1675-1677.
13. J. R. Patel, B.N. Suhagia, and B.H. Patel. Simultaneous spectrophotometric estimation of metformin and repaglinide in a synthetic mixture. Indian journal of pharmaceutical sciences, 2007, 69, 844-846.
14. S.J. Rajput, and B. G. Chaudhary. Validated analytical methods of repaglinide in bulk and tablet formulation. Indian journal of pharmaceutical sciences. 2006, 68, 130-132.
15. Joshi. S.S., Nahire R.R., shastri N.R, Surendra Nath K.V, Satish. J. validated stability indicating RP-HPLC UV method for simultaneous determination of metformin and repaglinide. Acta Chromatographic a, 2012, 24, 419-432.
16. Dash Arun Kumar, Pradhan kishanta Kumar, Dash Ranjit a, Murthy p. n, Palo Amitesh Kumar. Method development, validation, and stability study of repaglinide in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form by UV spectrometric method. International journal of biological & pharmaceutical research, 2011, 2, 7-10.
17. N. Kaushal, S. Jain, and A. K Tiwari. Development of spectrofluorimetric and HPLC Methods for in vitro analysis repaglinide. Indian journal of pharmaceutical sciences, 2010, 2, 240-244.
18. Bassam. M, Ayoub. Development and validation of simple spectrophotometric and chemometric methods for simultaneous determination of empagliflozin and metformin, applied to recently approved pharmaceutical formulation. Spectrochemical acta part A: molecular spectroscopy.2016, 168, 118-122.
19. Manal M. fouad, noha S. Rashed. Development and validation of chromatographic and spectroscopic methods for estimation of Repaglinide and metformin hydrochloride in combined dosage form, journal of Global trends in pharmaceutical science, 2014, 5, 1844-1848.
20. Ehab F Elkady, Asma A El-Zaher, Hanan M Elwy and Mahmoud a Saleh, Validated Liquid Chromatographic Method for Simultaneous Determination of Metformin, Pioglitazone, Sitagliptin, Repaglinide, Glibenclamide and Gliclazide - Application for Counterfeit Drug Analysis, in Journal of Analytical & Bioanalytical Techniques, 2015,13, 2-8.
21. Karunanidhi s, Lakshmi, and Tirumala Rajesh. Separation and quantification of eight antidiabetic drugs on a high- performance liquid chromatography: its application to human plasma assay. International journal of scholarly research network pharmaceutics.2011, 7, Id no.521353.
22. Abu Bakar Ruzilawati, Mohd Suhaimi Abd, Wahab, Ahmad Imran, Jabidah Ismail, siew Hua Gan. method development and validation of repaglinide in human plasma by HPLC and its application in pharmacokinetic studies. Journal of pharmaceutical and biomedical analysis, 2007, 43, 1831-1835.
23. Ramanji Reddy Tatiparthi, Dhachinamoorthi, Duraiswamy, Chandrasekhar Kothapalli Bonnoth. Method development and validation of Metformin and repaglinide in rabbit plasma by RP-HPLC, bio- analytical & ADME laboratory services or FABAD journal of pharmaceutical science,2010, 35, 69-75.
24. Pingale P L, Nandasana P, V. Development, and validation of RP-HPLC method for the estimation of repaglinide in bulk drug and pharmaceutical formulation. International journal of drug development and research,2012, 3, 247-252.
25. M. AL agar raja, R. Santoshi, David Banjo, k, N. V. Rao, d. Selva Kumar. RP-HPLC method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of metformin and repaglinide in bulk and tablet dosage form. Asian journal of research in pharmaceutical science and biotechnology, 2015, 3, 33-40.
26. Manal M. Fouad, Noha s. Rasheed. Development and validation of chromatographic and spectroscopic method for estimation of repaglinide and metformin hydrochloride in combined dosage form. Journal of global trends in pharmaceutical sciences, 2014, 5, 1844-1848.
27. Seema m, dhole, Pramod b, Khedekar, and Nikhil d, Amnerkar. Comparison of UV – spectrophotometry and HPLC Method for the determination of repaglinide tablets. Pharmaceutical methods, 2012, 3, 68-72.
28. M. Gandhimanthi, T. K. Ravi, and Susan Kurian Renu. Determination of repaglinide in pharmaceutical formulation by HPLC with UV detection. Analytical sciences, 2003, 19, 1675-1677.
29. Joshi. S. S, Nahire R.R., shastri N.R, Surendra Nath K.V, Satish. J. validated stability indicating RP-HPLC, UV method for simultaneous determination of metformin and repaglinide. Acta Chromatographic a, 2012, 24, 419-432.
30. Jing Yao, Ya - Qin Shi, Zhoo - Rongli, shao-Hong Jin. Development of a RP-HPLC Method for screening potentially counterfeit anti- diabetic drugs. Journal of chromatography, 2007, B.1, 2, 254-259.
31. N. Adib, M. Shekar chi, A. Dabirgiaghi, H. Hajimehdipoor, H. Rastegar, and B. abkari-Adergani. A new HPLC method for determination of repaglinide in human plasma and its application in bio-equivalence studies. Bio sciences biotechnology research Asia, 2010, 7, 281-285
32. Kalyankar T.M, Kakde R.B. reversed-phase liquid chromatography method for simultaneous determination of metformin and repaglinide in pharmaceutical preparations. Research journal of pharmaceutical dosage forms and technology, 2011, 3, 233-237.
33. Raja Navamanisu Bramanian, Sabitha Pancha Giri, Raghunandan Nerella, Chamundeeswari Duraipandian, Shanmuganathan Seethara man. Stability indicating RP-HPLC Method for estimation of repaglinide in rabbit plasma. International journal of applied pharmaceutics, 2019, 3, 206-210.
34. N. Kaushal, S. Jain, and A. K Tiwari. Development of spectrofluorimetric and HPLC Methods for in vitro analysis repaglinide. Indian journal of pharmaceutical sciences, 2010, 2, 240-244.
35. Patel Deepar, Patel Laxman bhai J, Patel Madhabhai M. stability indicating HPLC method for simultaneous determination of repaglinide and metformin hydrochloride in pharmaceutical dosage form. Asian journal of research in chemistry, 2013, 3, 500-505.
36. Sonia k, Nappinnari m. Manikandan k. stability indicating RP-HPLC method for the estimation of metformin hydrochloride and repaglinide as API and estimation on tablet dosage form. International journal of pharmaceutical quality assurance, 2016, 3, 46-50.
37. Joshi. S.S, Nahire R.R., shastri N.R, Surendranath K.V, Satish. J. validated stability indicating RP_HPLC UV method for simultaneous determination of metformin and repaglinide. Acta Chromatographic a, 2012, 24, 419-432.
38. Dash Arun Kumar, Pradhan Kishanta Kumar, Dash Ranjita, Murthy p. n, Palo Amitesh Kumar. Method development, validation, and stability study of repaglinide in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form by UV spectrometric method. International journal of biological & pharmaceutical research, 2011, 2, 7-10.
39. Rania N, EI- Shaheny. Validation stability indicating spectrofluorimetric Methods with enhanced sensitivity for determination of repaglinide in tablets, journal of fluorescence,2012, 6, 1587-1594.
40. Chandra Mukesh, Sharma, Smita Sharma. Stability indicating RP-HPLC method for determination and validation of repaglinide in pharmaceutical dosage form. International journal of chem tech research CODEN,2011, 3, 210-216.
41. k. Deshpande, p. Ranaware, A. R. Madgulkar, M. C. Damle. Development and validation of stability indicating HPTLC Method for determination of repaglinide, research journal of pharmacy and technology, 2013, 6, 158-161.
42. Cijo Madathil Xavier, kanakapura Basavaiah, Pavagada Jaganathamurthy Ramesh. Development and validation of two stability – indicating UV-Spectrophotometric methods for the determination of repaglinide in bulk and dosage forms. International journal of chem tech research CODEN, 2013, 5, 72-79.
43. Mishra, j, Nayak k, Sahoo, s. k. development validation and stability study of UV -Spectrophotometric method for determination of repaglinide in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. Journal of innovation in applied pharmaceutical sciences,2016, 1, 10-16.
44. Farock, Maha, EL-Sattar, Osama Abd, Abdel-Aziz, Omar, Shaaban Maya, stability indicating RP_HPLC Methods for determination of some oral- Hypoglycaemic used drugs. Drug invention today, 2010, 2, 443-453.
45. Jie Zhang, Feng Gao, Xin guan, Yan-tong sun, Jing-kai Gu, Paul Fawcett et al, determination of repaglinide in human plasma by high- performance liquid chromatography – tandem mass spectrometry, acta pharmaceutical sinica B, 2011, 1, 40-45.
46. Manar k, Fayyad, Ezzeldeen H, Ghanem, liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry method for determination of anti-diabetic drug repaglinide in human plasma, American journal of analytical chemistry, 2014,5, 281-290,
47. Liang Xiao-Rong, Dai Xiao-Jian, Zhang Yi-fan, ding Jue-fang, Chen Xiao-Yan, Zhong da-fang. Liquid chromatography – tandem mass spectrometry simultaneous determination of repaglinide and metformin in human plasma and its application to bioequivalence study, acta pharmaceutical Sinica, 2013, 4, 547-553.
48. Rodrigo Almeida Simoes, Pierina Sueli bonito, Fatemeh s, Mirnaghi, Barbara Bojko & Janusz Pawliszyn, bio-analytical method for in vitro metabolism study of repaglinide using 96 blades thin -film solid -phase microextraction and LC-MS/MS, Future science, of bio-analysis journal, 2015, 7, 1.
49. anna Gumieniczek, anna Berecka, Rycerz Tomasz Mroczek and Krzysztof Wastanowski, determination of Chrmical stability of two oral antidiabetics, metformin and repaglinide in the solid state and solution using LC-UV, LC-MS, and FT-IR methods, journal of molecules ,2019, 24, 4430.
50. Juber Akhtar, Sheeba Fareed, and Mohd Aqil et al, stability indicating assay of repaglinide in bulk and optimized nano emulsion by validated high performance thin layer chromatography techniques, journal of pharmacy bio allied science,2013, 3, 184-190.
51. Keyur B, Ahir, Emanual Michael patella and Arpitshah. Simultaneous estimation of metformin hydrochloride and repaglinide in pharmaceutical formulation by HPTLC densitometry method. Journal of chromatography separation techniques,2013, 4, [ISSN-2157-7064] 2-5.
52. Meeta A Jiladia, Saurabh s Pandya, estimation of repaglinide in bulk and tablet dosage forms by HPTLC Method, international journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences, 2009, 1, 141-144.
53. Desh Pande kiran, Ranaware Pranjali, Madgulkar A, R, Damle M, C, development, and validation of stability indicating HPTLC Method for determination of repaglinide, research journal of pharmacy and technology, 2013, 2, 158-161.
54. Dhirender Singh, Pradeep Kumar, Parvesh Kumar, development and validation of HPTLC Method for the estimation of repaglinide in bulk and tablet dosage form, international journal of current trends in pharmaceutical research,2013, 1, 189-193.
55. Cijo M. Xavier and Kanakapura Basavaiah, Development and validation of a simple stability indicating UPLC method for the determination of repaglinide in pharmaceuticals, Thai J. Pharm. Sci.2013, 37, 84-94.
56. Mehmet GUMUSTAS, gokce coskun, and sibek A, Ozkan, selective and sensitive determination of repaglinide in pharmaceuticals by voltametric and lc methods, Academia romana revue roumaine de chimie, 2015, 60, 477-490.
57. Asma A, EI-Zaher, Ehab f, Elkady, Hanan m, Elwy & Mahamoud abo Ei Makarim Saleh, a new rapid and economic liquid chromatographic method for simultaneous determination of meglitinides with metformin, application in the presence of metformin and repaglinide impurities and related compounds, journal of the Iranian chemical society,2018, 15, 61-74.
58. Haiyang yi, Lunzhao yi, Ruihua he, Qinlu, Xiufen ren, Zhimin Zhang, dynamic metabolic profiling of urine from type-2 diabetic KK-AY MICE treated with repaglinide by GC-MS, Journal of analytical letters, 2012, 13, 1862-1874.
59. cenli, ye jiang, analysis of repaglinide enantiomers in pharmaceutical formulations by capillary electrophoresis using 2, 6- Di-O-methyl cyclodextrin as a chiral selector, journal of chromatographic science,2012, 8, 739-743.
60. Lihva Zuo, Heng Meng, Jingjing wu, Zhen jiang, Shaying xu, Xingjie Guo. Combined use of ionic liquid and ?-CD for Enantio separation of 12 pharmaceuticals using CE. Journal of separation science,2013, 3, 517-523.
61. A Berecka, A, Gumieniczek, Kukasz komsta, Tadeusz ingot, elaboration, and validation of a mew capillary electrophoresis method in non- Aqueous milieu for the analysis of hypoglycaemics drug repaglinide in pharmaceuticals, in Annales UMCS Pharmacia, 2011, 24, 9-15.
62. Yuanxw, Sunjy, wang sz, Guo, xj, [determination of R (-)-isomer in repaglinide tablets by capillary electrophoresis], Pubmed, gov, us national library of medicine, national institutes of health, 2014, 43, 145-9.
63. Vipul p, Rane, Devanand Shinde, a validated chiral LC method for the Enantiomeric separation of repaglinide on amylose based stationary phase, journal in chromatography,2007, 66, 583-587.
64. David Jirovsky, Zdenka Bartosova, Jana, Skopalova, Vitezslav Maier, electro-chemical characterization of repaglinide and its determination in human plasma using liquid chromatography with dual channel coulometric detection, in journal of chromatography. B. analytical technologies in the biomedical and life sciences, 2010, 31, 2243-8.
65. C. Purna Chander, B. Raju, M. Ramesh, Gajji Shankar.LC-ESI-MS study of repaglinide and its forced degradation products, in rapid communications in mass spectrometry, 2017, 32, 72.
66. Haiyan fu, he-Bongli, Meishao, tian-Ming yang, simultaneous determination of repaglinide and irbesartan in biological plasma using micellar enhanced excitation- emission matrix fluorescence coupled with ATLD method, in science china-chemistry,2016, 59, 5569-0.
67. Dong- Gjun Han, Jinsork kwok, Seong -Wook Seo, ji- min Kim, pharmacokinetic evaluation of metabolic drug interactions between repaglinide and celecoxib by a bio-analytical HPLC Method for their simultaneous determination with fluorescence detections, in pharmaceutics,2019, 11, 382.
68. Anna Gumieniczek, Anna Berecka, Hanna Hopkala, Quantitative analysis of repaglinide in tablets by reversed -phase-thin -layer- chromatography with densitometric UV detection, in journal of planar chromatography-Medern TLC, 2005, 18, 155-159.
69. Leizheng, Jingwang, Yufen wang, Zhaorui song, a sensitive chemiluminescent immune-assay for point of care testing of repaglinide in natural dietary supplements and serum, in analytical and bio- analytical chemistry, 2015, 7, 407.
70. Vitezslav Maier, Joanna Znaleziona, David Jirovsky, Jana Skopalova, jan Petr, Juraj Sevcik, determination of anti-hyperglycaemic drugs in nano molar concentration levels by micellar electro kinetic chromatography with non -ionic surfactant, journal of chromatography 2009, 20, 4492-4498.
71. Hasna Hasan Mandil, Amir Alhaj Sakur, Safa Alulu, polarographic behaviour and quantification of the anti-diabetic drug repaglinide in pure form and pharmaceutical formulations, in international journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences, 2013, 5, 502-508.
72. kalam V. S. R. Krishna Reddy, Jegdish babu, Vijayavithal T. Mathad, s, Eswaraiah, impurity profile study of repaglinide journal of pharmaceutical and biomedical analysis, 2003, 32, 461-7.
73. Hussein RO, Hussein HH, Hamza ZM. Diagnosis of diabetes mellitus in serum of pregnant women by using UV spectroscopy technique. J Kufa Phys 2015, 7, 92-6.
74. Lu Y, Wang Y, Ong CN, Subramaniam T, Choi HW, Yuan JM, et al. Metabolic signatures and risk of type 2 diabetes in a Chinese population: An untargeted metabolomics study using both LC-MS and GC-MS. Diabetology 2016;59: 2349-59.
75. Sherwani SI, Khan HA, Ekhzaimy A, Masood A, Sakharkar MK. Significance of hbA1c test in diagnosis and prognosis of diabetic patients. Biomark Insights 2016,11, 95-104.
76. Wenjuan Xu, Liangxiao Zhang, Yuhang Huang, Qianxu yang, Hongbin Xiao, Deqin Zhang, urinary fatty acid composition and biomarkers discovery for type-2 diabetic patients based on ultra – performance liquid chromatography- quadrupole/time of flight mass spectrometry and multivariate statically analysis, journal of analytical letter,2012, 45, 2649-2662.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.