DEVELOPMENT AND STABILITY INDICATING HPLC METHOD FOR DAPAGLIFLOZIN IN API AND PHARMACEUTICAL DOSAGE FORM
Objective: To develop precise, accurate and reproducible stability assay method by RP-HPLC for estimation of dapagliflozin in API and pharmaceutical dosage form.
Methods: The adequate separation was carried using agilent C18 (4.6 ml (millimeter)*150,5 Âµm (micromiter), mixture of acetonitrile: di-potassium hydrogen phosphate with pH-6.5 adjusted with OPA (40:60 %v/v) as a mobile phase with the flow rate of 1 ml/min (milliliter/minute) and the effluent was monitored at 222 nm (nanometer) using photo diode array detector. The retention time of dapagliflozin API and dapagliflozin tablet were 3.160 min (minute) and 3.067 min (minute) respectively.
Results: Linearity for dapagliflozin was found in the range of 50-150Âµg/ml (microgram/milliliter) (R2 = 0.99) respectively. The accuracy of the present method was evaluated at 50 %, 100% and 150%. The % recoveries of dapagliflozin API and tablet were found to be in the range of 99.00â€“99.99 % and 98.50â€“99.99 % respectively. Precision studies were carried out and the relative standard deviation values were less than two. The method was found to be robust.
Conclusion: The proposed method was found to be specific, accurate, precise and robust can be used for estimation of dapagliflozin in API and Pharmaceutical dosage form.
2. Obermeier M, Yao M, Khanna A, Koplowitz B, Zhu M, Li W, et al. In vitro characterization and pharmacokinetics of dapagliflozin (BMS-512148), a potent sodium-glucose cotransporter type II inhibitor, in animals and humans. Drug Metab Dispos 2010;38:405-14.
3. Sanagapati Manasa, Dhanlakshmi K, G Nagarjuna, B Kavitha. Method development and validation of dapagliflozin API by UV spectroscopy. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2014;27:270-7.
4. KP Chitra, Eswaraiah MC, Rao Basoveswara MV. Unique UV spectrophotometric method for the reckoning of dapagliflozin in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. J Chem Pharm Res 2015;7:45-5.
5. Jani Br, Shah KV, Kapupara PP. Development and validation of UV spectroscopic method for simultaneous estimation of dapagliflozin and metformin hydrochloride in the synthetic mixture. Int J Res Dev Pharm Life Sci 2015;4:1569-7.
6. Jani BR, Shah KV, Kapupara PP. Development and validation of UV spectroscopic first derivative method for simultaneous estimation of dapagliflozin and metformin hydrochloride in the synthetic mixture. J Bioequv 2015;1:1-8.
7. Sanagapati Manasa, Dhanlakshmi K, G Nagarjunareddy, Sreenivasa S. Development and validation of a RP-HPLC method for the estimation of dapagliflozin in API. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2014:5394-3.
8. Yunoos Mohammad, DS Gowri. A validated stability indicating HPLC method for simultaneous determination of metformin hydrochloride and dapagliflozin in bulk drug and tablet dosage form. A J Pharm Clin Res 2015;8:320-6.
9. Sanagapati Manasa, Dhanlakshmi K, G Nagarjunareddy. Method development and validation of dapagliflozin in API by RP-HPLC and UV spectroscopy. Int J Pharm Sci Drug Res 2014;6:250-2.
10. Sanagapati Manasa, Dhanlakshmi K, G Nagarjunareddy, S Sreenivasa. Development and validation of stability indicating RP-HPLC method for determination of dapagliflozin. J Adv Pharm Edu Res 2014;4:350-3.
11. Aubry Af, Gu H, Magnier R, Morgan L, Xu X, Tirmenstein M, et al. Validated LC-MS/MS methods for the determination of dapagliflozin a sodium glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitors in normal and ZDF rat plasma. Bioanalysis 2010;2:1.