A REVIEW ON FAST DISSOLVING TABLET
In the present scientific scenario, the drug delivery technology has become extremely competitive and quickly evolving with ever-increasing demand. Fast dissolving tablet (FDT) is one such style of an innovative and distinctive drug delivery system. Once FDT is placed on the tongue, it disintegrates or dissolves quickly (in seconds) without chewing or water. Fast dissolving pills became well-liked because of higher patient compliance and most popular over typical capsules and tablets. Numerous FDT products entered the market in the nineteen eighties. This novel drug delivery like FDT or mouth dissolving tablet (MDT) has overcome several disadvantages like dysphagia or non-accessibility of water whereas travel. Compared with typical dosage form FDT is an alternative as well as helpful for the patient. The basic approach employed in the development of FDT is that the use of superdisintegrants like crosspovidone, croscarmellose sodium or maximizing pore structure within the formulation. This review article contains different techniques used for preparing FDT, silent features, numerous proprietary technologies, mechanism of super disintegration, and also the limitations.
2. Sharma R, Rajput M, Pawan P, Sharma S. Review article fast dissolving drug delivery system. Int Res J Pharm 2011;2:21â€“9.
3. Siddiqui MN, Garg G, Sharma PK. Fast dissolving tablets: preparation, characterization and evaluation: an overview. Int J Pharm Sci 2010;4:87-96.
4. Deshmukh VN. A Mouth dissolving drug delivery system. Int J Pharmtech Res 2012;2:412-21.
5. Reddy LH, Ghosh B. Fast dissolving drug delivery systems: a review of the literature. Int J Pharm Sci 2002;64:331.
6. Harish VD, Valli G, Ramya MG. A review on fast dissolving tablets. Int J Univers Pharm Bio Sci 2014;3:757-81.
7. Sastry SV, Nyshadham JR, Fix JA. Recent technological advances in oral drug deliveryâ€“a review. Pharm Sci Technol Today 2000;3:138-45.
8. Patil SL, Shivnikar MA. Formulation and technology of fast disintegrating tablets: a review. J Pharm Biomed Sci 2011;9:1-7.
9. Nand P, Vashist N, Anand A, Drabu S. Mouth dissolving tablets-a novel drug delivery system. Int J Appl Biol Pharm Technol 2010;1:XX.
10. Shukla D, Chakraborty S, Singh S, Mishra B. Mouth dissolving tablets I: an overview of formulation technology. Sci Pharm 2009;77:309-26.
11. Pahwa R, Gupta N. Superdisintegrants in the development of orally disintegrating tablets: a review. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2011;2:2767.
12. Alam NM, Sharma S, Jaimini M, Mohan Shelendra, Chatterjee A. Fast dissolving dosages form: boon to emergency conditions. Int J Ther Appl 2014;16:1â€“7.
13. PS Mohanachandran, PG Sindhumol TK. Review article superdisintegrants: an overview. Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res 2011;6:105â€“9.
14. Panigrahi R, Behera SP, Panda CS. A review on fast dissolving tablets. Webmedcentral Qual Patient Saf 2010;1:1â€“15.
15. Chowdary YA, Soumya M, Madhu BM, Aparna K, Himabindu P. A review on fast dissolving drug delivery systems-a pioneering drug delivery technology. Bull Environ Pharmacol Life Sci 2012;1:8-20.
16. Ragade SM, Jain AA, Barhate S. A review onâ€¯:-mouth dissolving drug delivery system. World J Pharm Pharm Sci 2017;6:467â€“80.
17. Yadav G, Kapoor A, Bhargava S. Fast dissolving tablets recent advantages: a review. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2012; 3:728-36.
18. Asija R, Asija S, Gupta A, Hemlata. A review on fast dissolving drug delivery system. Int J Res Pharm Sci 2014;4:7â€“12.
19. Indurwade NH, Rajyaguru TH, Nakhat PD. Novel approach: fast dissolving tablets. Indian Drugs 2002;39:405-9.
20. Nagar P, Singh K, Chauhan I, Verma M, Yasir M, Khan A, et al. Orally disintegrating tablets. J Appl Pharm Sci 2011; 1:35-45.
21. Dobetti L. Fast-melting tablets: developments and technologies. Pharm Technol Drug Delivery 2001;12:44-50.
22. Badgujar BP, Mundada AS. The technologies used for developing orally disintegrating tablets: a review. Acta Pharm 2011;61:117-39.
23. Roshan Rai R, Chirra P, Thanda V. Fast dissolving tablets: a novel approach to drug deliveryâ€“a review. Int J Preclin Pharm Res 2012;3:23-32.
24. Mizumoto T, Masuda Y, Yamamoto T, Yonemochi E, Terada K. Formulation design of a novel fast disintegrating tablet. Int J Pharm 2005;306:83-90.
25. Parkash V, Maan S, Deepika SK, Hemlata VJ. Fast disintegrating tablets: opportunity in drug delivery system. J Adv Pharm Tech Res 2011;2:223.
26. Jeong SH, Takaishi Y, Fu Y, Park K. Material properties for making fast dissolving tablets by a compression method. J Mater Chem 2008;18:3527-35.
27. Kaur T, Gill B, Kumar S, Gupta GD. Mouth dissolving tablets: a novel approach to drug delivery. Int J Curr Pharm Res 2011;3:1-7.
28. Mishra DN, Bindal M, Singh SK, Kumar SG. Spray dried excipient base: a novel technique for the formulation of orally disintegrating tablets. Chem Pharm Bull 2006;54:99-102.
29. Nautiyal U, Singh S, Singh R, Gopal KS. Fast dissolving tablets as a novel boon: a review. J Pharm Chem Biol Sci 2014;2:5-26.
30. Bhaskaran S, Narmada GV. Orally disintegrating tablets. Indian Pharm 2002;1:9-12.
31. Sharma SK, Sharma R, Sagar VG. Fast dissolving tabletâ€“a review and recent advances in manufacturing technologies. Res J Pharm Dosage Forms Technol 2010;2:120-4.
32. Singh A, Masih A, Kumar A, Tiwari A. Fast dissolving tablets: a review. Int J Curr Pharm Res 2017;9:8-18.
33. Seager H. Drugâ€delivery products and the Zydis fastâ€dissolving dosage form. J Pharmpharmacol 1998;50:375-82.
34. Parashar B, Yadav V, Maurya B, Sharma L. A review article on fast dissolving tablet. Int J Appl Pharm 2012;4:17-22.
35. Kumari S, Visht S, Sharma PK, Yadav RK. Fast dissolving drug delivery system: review article. J Pharm Res 2010;3:1444-9.
36. Fu Y, Yang S, Jeong SH, Kimura S, Park K. Orally fast disintegrating tablets: developments, technologies, taste-masking and clinical studies. Crit Rev Ther Drug Carrier Syst 2004;21:433-75.
37. Puttalingaiah L, Kavitha K, Mani T. Fast disintegrating tablets: an overview of formulation, technology and evaluation. Res J Pharm Biol Chem Sci 2011;2:589-601.
38. Khanna K, Xavier G, Joshi SK, Patel A, Khanna S, Goel B. Fast dissolving tablets-a novel approach. Int J Pharm Res Allied Sci 2016;5:311-22.
39. Kumar S, Gupta SK, Sharma PK. A review on recent trends in oral drug delivery-fast dissolving formulation technology. Adv Biol Res 2012;6:6-13.