ANALYSIS OF CUSTOMER BEHAVIOR IN PURCHASING DECISIONS OF MEDICAL SERVICES PRODUCTS AND THEIR EFFECT ON CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IN PHARMACY
Objective: This study aims to analyze customer behavior in the decision to buy self-medicated service products and their effect on customer satisfaction at Kimia Farma Pharmacy, Bekasi Business Unit.
Methods: This research uses a quantitative study approach with a descriptive design. Samples or respondents totaled 312 people. Data collection was carried out by means of interviews and agency documents.
Results: The results showed that the respondents' knowledge, attitudes and actions in self-medicated service products had quite good results. Respondents who have knowledge of self-medicated service products are 54.225%, 67% of respondents have good attitudes and 61% of actions. The results of data analysis show that the influence of customer behavior in the decision to buy self-medicated service products on customer satisfaction is 0.410 or the power of influence is 41.0%, the rest is influenced by other factors. While the influence of customer behavior on the decision to buy self-medicated service products is 0.347 or 34.7%, the rest is influenced by other factors.
Conclusion: Customer satisfaction is quite high which illustrates that Kimia Farma Pharmacy Bekasi Business Unit has tried to fulfill customer desires by providing adequate service.
2. Sari NE, Indasah I, Suprapto SI. Analysis of waiting time factors and patient satisfaction level in diseases poly in hospital dr. sayidiman magetan. J Qual Public Health 2020;3:408-13.
3. Brata C, Fisher C, Marjadi B, Schneider CR, Clifford RM. Factors influencing the current practice of self-medication consultations in Eastern Indonesian community pharmacies: a qualitative study. BMC Health Serv Res 2016;16:1-10.
4. Kemenkes RI. Peraturan menteri kesehatan nomor 919/Menkes/Per/X/1993 tentang kriteria obat yang dapat diserahkan tanpa resep. Jakarta: Kementerian Kesehatan RI; 1993.
5. Sinulingga B. Self-medication behavior. JMN 2020;2:242-5.
6. Agustina S. Persepsi sakit, pengetahuan dan kepuasan dengan pemanfaatan pelayanan kesehatan di Puskesmas. HIGEIA J Public Health Res Dev 2019;3:274-85.
7. Vukanovic D, Mrzic A, Omerbasic Z, Skopljak Z, Zajimovic Z, Zeid ME, et al. Self medication attitude, knowledge, and perception. In: Value in health. Vol. 21. New York: Elsevier Science Inc; 2018. p. S309-S309.
8. Al Essa M, Alshehri A, Alzahrani M, Bustami R, Adnan S, Alkeraidees A, et al. Practices, awareness and attitudes toward self-medication of analgesics among health sciences students in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Saudi Pharm J 2019;27:235-9.
9. Kimia Farma. Laporan pendapat kewajaran atas rencana transaksi afiliansi dan material PT Kimia Farma (Persero) Tbk. Jakarta: Kimia Farma; 2019.
10. Sung HY, Chi YL. A knowledge-based system to find over-the-counter medicines for self-medication. J Biomed Inform 2020;108:103504.
11. Kimia Farma. Public expose live Indonesia stock exchange PT. Kalbe Farma Tbk. Jakarta: Kimia Farma; 2019.
12. Adams NE. Bloom’s taxonomy of cognitive learning objectives. J Medic Lib Assoc: JMLA 2015;103:152-8.
13. Kotler P, Armstrong G, Harris LC, Piercy N. Principles of marketing. 4th European edition. London: Financial times/Prentice hall; 2014.
14. Kotler P, Keller KL. Manajemen pemasaran, analisis perencanaan, implementasi dan pengendalian,(Terjemahan). Jakarta: Salemba Empat, Printice Hall, Edisi Indonesia; 1985.
15. Sugumar R, Krishnaiah V, Channaveera GS, Mruthyunjaya S. Comparison of the pattern, efficacy, and tolerability of self-medicated drugs in primary dysmenorrhea: a questionnaire based survey. Indian J Pharm 2013;45:180-3.
16. Notoatmodjo S. Health promotion and behavioral sciences. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta; 2007.
17. Kautsar AP, Moniek Ayunovani FS, Surahman E. The influence of demographic, social system, communication system, and herbal characteristics on purchase decisions of herbal medicine in Indonesia. J Econom Bus Manag 2016;4:235-8.
18. Kartika WM. Faktor-faktor yang mempengaruhi perilaku konsumen dalam pembelian obat di Apotek Kimia Farma Babat. Doctoral dissertation. Gresik: Universitas Muhammadiyah Gresik; 2019.
19. Anderson RE. Consumer dissatisfaction: the effect of disconfirmed expectancy on perceived product performance. J Marketing Res 1973;10:38-44.
20. Mir SA. A cross-sectional study on self-medication practices and medication adherence among kashmiri urban population. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2018;11:390-2.
21. Anand S, Akhtar TKB. A study of pattern of self-medication among students for dysmenorrhea. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2018;11:436-8.
22. Calfee JE. Public policy issues in direct-to-consumer advertising of prescription drugs. J Public Policy Market 2002;21:174-93.
23. Preker AS, McKee M, Mitchell A, Wilbulpolprasert S. Strategic management of clinical services. Disease control priorities in developing countries; 2006. p. 1339-52.
24. Jiang P, Rosenbloom B. Customer intention to return online: price perception, attribute?level performance, and satisfaction unfolding over time. Eur J Market 2005;39:150-74.
25. Patterson PG. Expectations and product performance as determinants of satisfaction for a high?involvement purchase. Psychol Market 1993;10:449-65.
26. Peterson RA, Wilson WR. Measuring customer satisfaction: fact and artifact. J Acad Market Sci 1992;20:61-71.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.