EFFECTIVENESS OF YOGA ON BLOOD PRESSURE AND BLOOD GLUCOSE LEVELS IN HYPERTENSIVE AND DIABETIC PATIENTS
To determine the effectiveness of yoga on blood pressure and blood glucose levels in hypertensive and diabetic patients .
Yoga is thought to be effective for health conditions.the study aims to assess the current clinical evidence of yoga for hypertension and blood sugar levels.
Yoga is an adjunctive treatment which helps to lower down the blood glucose levels and the blood sugar levels.
1. Global burden of hypertension analysis of worldwide data lancet (2005),Kearney pm, Wheaton, reynolds k , mutner p. Journal of american board of family practice.
2. Economics of hypertension and diabetes control bull world health organisation (1995),naditch brule .l ,swedish council of technology . Journal of alternative and complementary medicine.
3. Increased prevalence of metabolic syndrome in uncontrolled hypertension and diabetes across europe the global cardiometabolic risk profile in patients with hypertension disease survey.perlini.s.,zidek,farsang.c journal of alternative and complemetary medicine.
4. Iyengar yoga versus enhanced usual care on blood pressure in patients with prehypertension to stage i:hypertension : a randomised controlled trials.voger .s mayor .c ,szapory.p.o,townsend.r.r. journal of body work and movement therapies.
5. Nonpharmacological interventions in hypertension and blood glucose level rise (diabetes)-a community based cross over randomised trials. Subramanian.h,soundarssasane,jayalakshmy.r,navasakthi.d journal of american medical association.
6. Yoga and biofeedback in the management of hypertension lancet 1973.patel.h journal of body work and movement therapies.
7. Role of naturopathy and yoga in the management of hypertension and diabetes. Jahagirdar.m.u, tarwadi .k.v. american journal of hypertension.
8. Prevention of hypertension slama m. Susic d. Frohlich ed (2002). American journal of hypertension.
9. Resistant hypertension. Calhoun da, zaman ma, nishizaka mk a(2002). American journal of hypertension.
10. The 2010 canadian hypertension education program recommendations for the management of hypertension. Hackam dg, khan na, hemmelgarn br, rabkin sw, touyz rm al (2010). American journal of hypertension.
11. Prognostic value of different indices of blood pressure variability in hypertensive patients pierdomenico sd, di nicola m, esposito al, di mascio r, ballone e et al (2009). Indian journal of community medicine.
12. Heart disease and stroke statisticsâ€”2009 lloyd-jones donald, adams robert, carnethon mercedes, de simone giovanni, ferguson tb. European journal of cardiovascular prevention and rehabilations.
13. Detection, evaluation and treatment of high blood pressure. Lenfant claude, chobanian av, jones dw, roccella ej (2003). Indian journal of physiology and pharmocology.
14. Mild hypertension: a beneficial side effect cleopas tj, grabowsky i, niemeyer mg, makel wm, vander wall ee. Journal of american board of family practice.
15. Distribution of country of origin in studeis used in cochrane reviewswolff rf, reinders stefan, barth michael, antes ferd(2011). Journal of american college of cardiology.
16. Current situtation and re-understanding of syndrome and formula syndrome inchinese medicine wang j, wang pq, xiong xj(2012). Journal of chinese clinical medicine.
17. Use of complementary and alternative medicine in united states. Su dj li lf (2011). American journal of commu