CORONAVIRUS DISEASE-19: A HOLISTIC PERSPECTIVE
Even when the predictions of effective specific antiretroviral treatment improved after 1996, many scientists and health professionals stayed committed to a dominant role of prevention over treatment and care. With the growing need for vaccines and safer drugs, greater attention is now toward the traditional system of medicine. Charak Samhita explains epidemics and its etiological factor in Janapadodhwamsa Adhyay of Vimansthan 3. Ayurveda and Yoga have immersed to have great combat with coronavirus disease (COVID-19) to maintain your overall health. The present study is aimed to get, a holistic approach that suggests a preventive approach and strengthening of Bala and Oja. Ayurveda and Yoga give importance to physical immunity and also psychological immunity as well. By following Rasayan, Sadvritta, Acharasayan, Astanga Yoga and Satvik Karma one manages a proper balance and Tridosha along with physical and mental health. There is a need to explore the holistic care modules stated in different Ayurvedic classical texts and Yoga for COVID-19.
2. Das MA, Soni VM, Munjal N. Ayurveda and yoga: An immunity booster at the time of COVID-19 pandemic. Int J Res Eng Manag 2020;6:3-5.
3. Worldometer. COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC; 2020. p. 1. Available from: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus.
4. Garg DG. Covid-19 Pandemic the Ayurveda Perspective. J Crit Rev 2020;7:1-7.
5. Kamde S, Sawarkar G. Role of Ayurveda in communicable diseases (COVID-19). Int J Res Pharm Sci 2020;11:730-3.
6. Dubey S, Dubey R, Tripathi Y, Dadhich N. Preventive measures for communicable diseases in Ayurveda and ancient indian culture. Ann Ayurvedic Med 2020;9:130-7.
7. Raj P, Bhati KR. COVID-19:An Ayurvedic Perspective. Research Gate; 2020. p. 1-13. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/ publication/345981721_COVID-19An_ayurvedic_perspective.
8. Andhare R, Muley S, Bhirange S. Ayurvedic perspective of Covid-19 diagnosis and management. J Crit Rev 2020;7:1070-2.
9. Sharma R. Prevention: Primary objective of Ayurveda Treatment- Stemjar. Stemjar; 2019. p. 1-10. Available from: http://www.stemjar. com/ayurveda-and-prevention.
10. Gaus S, Kad V, Tupe M, Valsange A. Diagnostic importance of nidana panchak a review article. Int J Res Ayurveda Med Sci 2020;3:102-8.
11. Belgmwar V. The three main causes of disease in Ayurveda. Wellness Minneapolis; 2020. p. 1-3. Available from: https://www. wellnessminneapolis.com/articles/the-three-main-cause-for-disease-in-aurveda. [Last accessed on 2020 Jun 11].
12. Samal J. Fundamental tents of epidemiology in ayurveda and their contemporary relevance. Indian Health Sci Biomed Res 2020;9:20-6.
13. Kamal B. Ayurveda and Covid-19. An Diego Ayurveda Healing California, USA. 2020. p. 1-6. Available from: https:// sandiegoayurvedahealing.com/ayurveda-and-covi-19. [Last accessed on 2020 Jun 11].
14. Samal J. Public Health importance of Shatkriyakala In Relation To Natural History Of Disease; 2013. p. 468-71. Available from: https:// www.core.ac.uk/reader/25761250.
15. Waghmare GA. Noval corona virus(2019-nCoV)-an ancient ayurveda epidemiology literature review. Ayurlog Natl J Res Ayurved Sci 2020;8:1-8.
16. Neman KA. Review of entities in Covid-19 and its relevance with rachna sharir. World J Pharm Res 2020;9:713-9.
17. Gutao RP, Namburi UR, Kumar S, Khode, NV, Mahulkar DM . Pathogenesis of COVID-19: A review on integrative understanding through Ayurveda. J Res Ayurvedic Sci 2020;4:105-11.
18. Trivedi P. A 8 fold indigenous approach for improving psycho-immunity: With special reference to COVID19 pandemic. Dev Sanskriti Interdiscip Int J 2020;16:16-21.
19. Shukla R, Dwivedi O, Jain J, Khuje S. Role of rasayan in communicable disease (Janapadodhwamsa). Eur J Pharm Med Res 2019;6:232-4.
20. Kush L, Dimri M, Rajwar VS. Rasayan Drugs Promise Better Anti- Covid-19 Medications. Asian J Pharm Res Dev 2020;8:148-9.
21. Datta N, Pal M, Roy U, Mitra R, Pradhan A. A holistic and prophylactic approach against new infections like Covid-19. World J Pharm Res 2020;9:15.
22. Rajput DS. Evolution, Ayurveda, immunity, and preventive aspects for emerging infectious diseases such as COVID-19. Int J Res Pharm Sci 2020;11:86-93.
23. Nagendra HR. Yoga for Covid-19. Int J Yoga 2020;13:87-8.
24. Kumawat S, Verma A, Yadav KL. Achara Rasayana a behavioural therapy in ayurveda to promote health and happiness. Int J Ayurveda Pharm Res 2018;6:44-9.
25. Sharma N, Sharma A, Yadav KC. Role of ayush in India’s battle with COVID-19 pandemic: A review. Sch Int J Tradit Complement Med 2020;3:165-8.
26. Bekal S. Corona Virus: Ayurvedic Analysis, Possible Prevention, Treatment Principles, Remedied. Easy Ayurveda; 2020. p. 1-30. Available from: https://www.easyayurveda.com/2020/03/16/coronavirus-ayurved-prevention-treatment. [Last accessed on 2020 Jun 11].
27. Sood T, Pathak M, Pathak SM. Vaad Chikitsa (Sound therapy) IN Sushruta Samhita Kalpa Sthana Chapter-3/13-15. World J Pharm Med Res 2020;6:136-41.
28. Rawat D, Sharma A, Singh N, Kumar A. Holistic approach during a pandemic for healthy well-being holistic approach during a pandemic for healthy well-being. Indian J Nutr Diet 2020;57:329-40.
29. Pukale R, Sharma D, Bhakuni H, Krishnia KK. An integrative approach towards prevention and management of psychological illness during COVID-19 Crisis. J Ayurveda Integr Med Sci 2020;5:292-300. Available from: https://www.jaims.in.
30. Tewari S, David J, David B. A critical review on immune-boosting therapeutic diet against Coronavirus (COVID-19). J Sci Technol 2020;5:43-9. Available from: https://www.jst.org.in.
31. Deshmukh U. Concept of vihara in ayurveda a review article. Int Ayurvedic Med J 2017;5:3090-6.
32. Sadvritta AB. Code of right conducts in Ayurveda. World J Pharm Pharm Sci 2017;2017:449-58.
33. Sharma N. The Yoga for physical and mental health can possibly aid in prevention and management of COVID19 infection? Dev Sanskriti Interdiscip Int J 2020;16:22-31.
34. Phule S. Role of yoga in battling mental stress during lockdown. Mukt Shabd J 2020;9:2269-81.
35. Satuna RK, Negi A, Satuna R. Intuitive vision and indigenous immunity boosting approaches for COVID19: From the literature of pandit Shriram Sharma Acharya. Dev Sanskriti Interdiscip Int J 2020;16:1-15.
36. Yadav SK, Pathak A. Pranayama helps to boost immunity to fight against. Int J Physiol Phys Educ 2020;5:220-3.
37. Mishra A, Bentur SA, Thakral S. Integrative Therapy Based on Yoga and Ayurveda for Treatment of a High-risk Case of COVID-19/SARS-Cov-2 with multiple Co-Morbidities; 2020.
38. Tiwari I, Singh Negi C. The relevance of yoga in developing holistic health and holistic community. Environ Conserv J 2019;20:83-8.
39. Pande P, Tendolkar V, Suraj S, Anjankar A. Yoga helps to improve immunity and fight against infection during Covid19. Indian J Forensic Med Toxicol 2020;14:7011.
40. Jackson WD. Covid19-A Nutritional, Herbal, and Spiritual Response Through Biospiritual Medicine; 2020. Available from: http://www.academia.edu/download/63125892/COVID19_-_A_Nutritional__Herbal__and_Spiritual_Response_Through_Biospiritual_Medicine__-_William_Jackson__AHS__FSC_202020200428-20540-or.pdf.
41. Venugopal V, Pamavathi R, Venkateswaran ST, Gunasekaran D. Protecting the elders from COVID- 19 impact-leveraging yoga The. J Fam Med Prim Care 2020;9:4487-8.
42. Valarmathi N, Sree RS, Rajan TS, Virudhunagar N, District M. Role of Antioxidant Herbs and Yoga Practices in Prevention of Infectious Diseases with special reference to Covid-19 Pandemic. Int J Res Pharm Sci. 2020;11(2):1902–7.
43. Barmola KC. Role of Bhastrika, Kapalbhati and Anulom Vilom Pranayam in Mental Health. In: Relevance of Mental Health during Covid-19; 2020. p. 1-6. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kailash_Barmola/publication/341757037_Role_of_Bhastrika_Kapalbhati_and_Anulom_Vilom_Pranayam_in_Mental_Health/links/5ed2404392851c9c5e6670dc/Role-of-Bhastrika-Kapalbhati-and-Anulom-Vilom-Pranayam-in-Mental-Health.pdf.
44. Sharma K, Anand A, Kumar R. The role of Yoga in working from home during the COVID-19 global lockdown. Work 2020;66:731-7.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.