COVID-19:A HOLISTIC PERSPECTIVE
As COVID-19 remains a brainteaser to many scientists and health care professionals and issue of major concern for health till as no vaccine or pharmacological drug has been discovered till date.With the growing need for the safer drugs a greater attention has been drawn to the traditional system of medicine.The extent of pandemic requires an urgent harnessing of all the knowledge system available globally.Ayurved and Yoga has immersed to have a great combat with COVID-19 and maintaing overall health and immunity of mankind.Ayurved is a comprehensive holistic approach which recommends preventive approach and strengthening of bala and oja to prevent disease.At times when peoples are looking for effective possible way to deal with spread of disease Ayurved and Yoga provides a helping hand.Ayurved and Yoga not only give emphasis on physial immunity but psychological immunity as well by followig Rasayan,Sadvritta,Acharasayan,Astanga Yoga,Satvik Karma and maintaing proper balance of tryoupastahmbha and tridosha. COVID-19 has turned the head around of the whole world towards boosting of immunity which has been explained in classical texts of Ayurved and Yoga significantly which need to be explored.
2. Data WC-19. No Title [Internet]. Worldometer’s Covid-19; 2020. Available from: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/countries-where-coronavirus-has-spread/
3. Covid – 19 Pandemic the Ayurveda Perspective. Vol. 7, Journal of critical reviews. 2020.
4. Mahaveer Goechha. Time To Realise The True Potential Of Ayurveda Against COVID-19. Elsevier Public Heal Emerg Collect [Internet]. (PMID:32389701). Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7204691/
5. Trivedi P. A 8 fold Indigenous Approach for Improving Psycho-immunity: With Special reference to COVID19 pandemic. Dev Sanskriti Interdiscip Int J. 2020;16:16–21.
6. WHO. Mental health: strengthening our response [Internet]. 2018. Available from: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/mental-health-strengthening-our-response
7. Samal J. Fundamental Tents Of Epidemiology In Ayurveda And Their Contemporary Relevance. Indep Public Heal Res [Internet]. 2020; Available from: www.ijournalhs.org
8. Sood T, Pathak M, Pathak SM. a Review on Janapadoddhvamsa With Special Refrence To Covid-19. 2020;6(4):136–41.
9. Dubey S, Dubey R, Tripathi Y, Dadhich N. Preventive Measures for Communicable Diseases in Ayurveda and Ancient Indian Culture. Ann Ayurvedic Med. 2020;9(2):130–7.
10. Raj P, Bhati KR. COVID-19:An Ayurvedic Perspective. Res Gate [Internet]. 2020;(November):1–13. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/345981721_COVID-19An_Ayurvedic_Perspective
11. Datta N, Pal M, Roy U, Mitra R, Pradhan A. A Holistic And Prophylactic Approach Against New Infections Like Covid-19. World J Pharm Res [Internet]. 2020;9(10,1044-1054):15. Available from: www.wjpr.net
12. Neeru Sharma,Arun Sharma,Yadevendra Yadav KCS. Role Of Ayush In India’s Battle With COVID-19 Pandemic:A Review. Sch Int J Tradit Complement Med [Internet]. 2020;(2617-3891(ONLINE),2616-86349(PRINT)):165–8. Available from: htttps://saudijournals.com/sijtcm
13. Rawat D, Sharma A, Singh N, Kumar A. Holistic Approach during a Pandemic for Healthy Well-Being Holistic Approach during a Pandemic for Healthy Well-Being. Indian J Nutr Diet [Internet]. 2020;57(3):329–40. Available from: www.ijndonline.org
14. A. B. B. Sadvritta (Code of Right Conducts) in Ayurveda. World J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2017;(March):449–58.
15. Yadav SK, Pathak A. Pranayama helps to boost immunity to fight against. 2020;5(1):220–3.
16. Mishra A, Bentur SA, Thakral S. Integrative Therapy based on Yoga and Ayurveda for Treatment of a High-risk Case of COVID-19 / SARS-Cov-2 with Multiple. 2020;1–25.
17. Tiwari I, Singh Negi C. The relevance of yoga in developing holistic health and holistic community. Environ Conserv J. 2019;20(Special Edition):83–8.
18. Majumdar A Das, Soni VM, Munjal N. Ayurveda and Yoga?: An Immunity Booster at the Time of COVID-19 Pandemic. 2020;(6):3–5.
19. Nagendra H R. Yoga for covid-19. Int J Yoga,. 2020;13(2):87–8.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.