A CLINICAL EVALUATION OF GOMUTRA KSHARA COATED SUTRA IN THE MANAGEMENT OF BHAGANDARA (FISTULA- IN -ANO)
During ksharsutra therapy patients suffers some discomfort due to presence of apamarg kshar & snuhi keehra like pain, burning sensation, inflammation and itching .To avoid this situation the scholar has proposed the use of Gomutra kshar replacing apamarg kahar. 20 patients selected in two groups.10 patients treated with apamarg kshar sutra and 10 patients treated with Gomutra kshar sutra.Â At the end of the study it was found that Gomutra kshar sutra is more competent and effective than apamarg kshar sutra in the management of Bhagandara (Fistula-in-ano). Â
Bhagandara, Gomutra kshar sutra, Unit cutting time
2. Agnivesha; Chikitsa Sthana; Charaka samhita of Agnivesha, revised by Charaka and Drudabala, 18th Ed. 1992, Chowkhamba Orientalia, Varanasi, 12th Ch. Pg 377-378.
3. Aguilar S P, Plasencia G, Hardy T G et al; Mucosal advancement in the treatment of anal fistulae, Dis. Colon Rectum, 28:496-498, 1985.
4. Ammon H P, Wahl M A, Pharmacology of Curcuma longa, Planta Med. 1991 Feb; 57(1) : 1-7
5. Amous J, Pamaud E, Denis J; Quelques reflexions sur les abces et les fistules al anus, Rev: Prat, 22: 1793-1814,1972.
6. Anon. Herbal pharmacy in Peopleâ€™s Republic of China, 1975, National Academy of Sciences, USA.
7. Anup Banerjee, S S Nigam, Antibacterial efficacy of the essential oil derived from the various species of the genus Curcuma linn; March 12, J of Res in Ind Med Yoga & H, Vol XII. No. 1-1977.
8. Anupam Sharma, Manisha Mehata, Handa S S et al., Standardizsation of ksharasutra-Ayurvedic medicated thread use in the management of fistula in ano, ICMR Center for advanced Pharmacological Research on Traditional Remedies, CDRI. Lucknow.
9. Badrinath K, Jairam N, Ravi H R; Spreading extraperitoneal cellulitis following perirectal sepsis, Br. J. Surg., 81: 297-298, 1994.
10. Bennett RC; A review of the results of orthodox treatment for anal fissure, Proc. R. Soc. Med., 55: 756-757. 1962.
11. Bhavamishra; Bhagandara adhikara; Bhavaprakasha II part, 7th Edition, 2000. Chowkhamba Sanskrit Sansthan, Varanasi, 50, Pg 500-506.
12. Blond, K; Hemorrhoids and Their treatment ; the Varicose syndrome of the rectum, trans. E. Stanley Lee, Bristol: John Wright, 1940.
13. Caprilli R, Onori L, Frieri, G et al; Colonic water and electrolyte transport, Colo paroctology: Basic knowledge for clinical practice, International University press, Rome, Pg. 49-72, 1990.
14. Chakrapani Datta; Bhagandara Adhikara; Chakradatta, 2nd Edition, 1959, Sri Laxmi Venkateshwara steam press, Bombay, Pg 206-208.
15. Chiari, H. Med. J. Wien, 419, 1878.
16. Christensen J; Myoelectric control of the colon, Gastroenterology, 68:601-609. 1975.