CUSTOMER SATISFACTION TOWARDS HOSPITALS A STUDY ON SELECTED HOSPITALS AT SHIVAMOGGA CITY
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION TOWARDS HOSPITALS
A STUDY ON SELECTED HOSPITALS AT SHIVAMOGGA CITY
The opening of Indian economy since 1991 has given a new dimension to the economic structure of the country. The service sector is contributing more than 50% to the GDP. In service sector the contribution of healthcare sector towards GDP is significant.Â India will spend a hugeÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Rs 200,000 crore on healthcare in the next five years as the country witnessing changes in its demographic profile accompanied with lifestyle diseases and increasing medical expenses. Nearly 80 per cent of the required investment is coming from the private sector. The government spending on healthcare is around 0.9 per cent of the total GDP, which limits the extent and effectiveness of the coverage it can provide. Private healthcare will continue to be the largest component in 2012 and is likely to double toÂ Â Â Rs 156,000 crore.Â Therefore the study focuses on services provided by private hospitals.
2. Boulding W, Kalra A, Stalin R and Zeithaml VA (1993) â€œA dynamic process model of service quality: from expectations to behavioral intentionsâ€. Journal of Marketing 30:7- 27.
3. Garbarino E and Johnson M S (1999) â€œThe different roles of satisfaction, trust and commitment in customer relationshipsâ€. Journal of Marketing 63: 70-87
4. Gustafsson W, Johnson M D and Roos I (2005) â€œThe effects of customer satisfaction, relationship, commitment, customer retentionâ€. Journal of Marketing 69: 210-215
5. Vernoer P C (2003) â€œUnderstanding the effect of customer relationship management efforts on customer retention and customer share developmentâ€. Journal of marketing 67: 30-45.
6. Sharma R D and Chahal H (1999) â€œA study of patient satisfaction in outdoor services of private health care facilitiesâ€. Vika lp a24: 69-76
7. Sharma R D and Chahal H (2003) â€œPatient satisfaction in government outpatient services in Indiaâ€.Decision30: 109-28.
8. Zeithamal Valarie A, Mary Jo Bitner, Dwayne D Gremler & Ajay Pandit â€œServices Marketingâ€ by Mc Graw-Hill Publishing company Limited, 4th Edition, New Delhi.