DESIGN, SYNTHESIS, AND EVALUATION OF NEW DERIVATIVE OF 1,2,4-TRIAZOLES FOR ANTIMICROBIAL AND ANTI-INFLAMMATORY ACTIVITY
Objective: The object of the study is to design, synthesize and biological evaluation of isoniazid derived 1,2,4-triazoles compounds.
Methods: Isoniazid based 1,2,4-triazoles derivatives have been synthesized by reaction of Isoniazid with carbon disulfide in basic medium (KOH) to form Potassium dithiocarbazinate salt and reaction with hydrazine hydrate converted into 4-amino-5-(pyridin-4-yl)-4H-1,2,4-triazole-3-thiol. These compounds were reacted with seven different benzaldehyde to form 4-[(substituted phenyl)-methylene]-amino-5-(pyridine-4-yl)-4H-1,2,4-triazol-3-thiol (4). The final compounds were synthesized by reaction with four different acetanilide to form 4-[substituted phenyl)-methylene]-amino-3-(N-substitutedcarboxamidomethylthio)-5-(pyridine-4-yl)-4H-1,2,4-triazoles derivatives. All these compounds were characterized by IR, 1H-NMR, C-NMR and elemental analysis. The antimicrobial activity was determined by the cup plate method. Acute anti-inflammatory activity determined by using carrageenan-induced rat paw edema model.
Results: Series PJ-A4, PJ-A7 and PJ-A13 showed more than 90% of the zone of inhibition against both Gram positive and Gram negative organisms. The antifungal study suggested that among synthesized compounds series PJ-A4, A7, A9, A11 and A13 showed more than 90% of zone of inhibition, A2, A10 and A12 shows more than 80% of the zone of inhibition. Anti-inflammatory study data indicate that compounds PJ-A4, PJ-A8, PJ-A9 and PJ-A13 produced 70 to 76% of paw edema inhibition compare to standard drug Ibuprofen which showed 83.3% after 5 h.Conclusion: Results suggested that the isoniazid based 1,2,4-triazole derivatives have significant antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory activity.
2. Ajaykumar, Varsha K, Amit V, Sushil KK, Prashant S, Vikash KM. Synthesis, characterization and Antimycobaterial activity of some newer 1,2,4-triazole derivatives. Int J Pharm Bio Res 2015;5:379-92.
3. Gajanan S, Sandyavalli MS, Manjunath E, Kavitha NV. Synthesis and anti-inflammatory activity of 3,5-Diphenyl 4-amino 1,2,4-triazole derivatives. World J Pharm Res 2017;6:1744-54.
4. Godhani DR, Jogel AA, Sanghani AM, Mehta JP. Synthesis and biological screening of 1,2,4â€“triazole derivatives. Indian J Chem 2015;54B:556-64.
5. Hany MD, Khaled E, Ali ZS, Ammed AS. Synthesis and biological activities of some new spiro 1,2,4-triazole derivatives having sulfonamide moiety. Org Communications 2017;10:280-7.
6. Hasan MJ, Adnan IM, Abass SJ. Antibacterial activity importance of 1, 2, 3-triazole and 1, 2, 4-triazoleby click chemistry. J Chem Chem Sci 2015;5:317-24.
7. Ledeti I, Bercean V, Alexa A, Foica C, Futa LM, Dehelean C, et al. Preparation and antibacterial properties of substituted 1,2,4-triazoles. J Chem 2015;5:87-93.
8. Mehdi K, Mahboobeh S, Iraj N, Seyedeh RB. Synthesis, characterization and antibacterial activity of some novel thiosemicarbazides, 1,2,4-triazol-3-thiols and their s-substituted derivatives. Iranian J Pharm Res 2015;14:67-75.
9. Yasemin U, Sadik D, Fatih Ã‡, Zeynep A, Murat K, Kemal. Synthesis of new 1,2,4-triazole compounds containing schiff and mannich bases (morpholine) with antioxidant and antimicrobial activities. J Enzyme Inhibition Med Chem 2016;31:89â€“95.
10. Yasmin K, Mohammad, Vijender S, Mohammad S. Synthesis, characterization and anticonvulsant activity of some novel 4, 5-disubstituted-1, 2, 4-triazole derivatives. J Appl Pharm Sci 2017;7:158-67.
11. Noha RM, Sh El-Etrwy. A design, synthesis and biological evaluation of some 1,2,4-triazole derivatives based on Schiffâ€™s base bearing Benzimdazole moiety. Asian J Pharm Anal Med Chem 2015;3:62-75.
12. Mohammad A. Study of some 1,2,4-triazole derivatives and their biological activities. Int J Pharm Drug Anal 2015;2:325-8.
13. Li Jung M, Yan Xia S, Hong Ke WS, Xing Hai L, Yong Gang Z. Microwave assisted synthesis and antifungal activity of some novel thioethers containing 1,2,4-triazole moiety. Appl Sci 2015;5:1211-20.
14. Rakesh KM, Birendra SY, Rai AK. Synthesis, characterization and biological evaluation of novel 1,2,4-triazole derivatives as potent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agents. Der Pharm Chem 2014;6:137-43.