UV SPECTROPHOTOMETRIC ANALYSIS AND VALIDATION OF OSELTAMIVIRPHOSPHATE IN PURE AND PHARMACEUTICAL FORMULATION
Objective: A new, simple, economical, precise, sensitive, linear, accurate, rapid UV spectrophotometric method has been developed for the estimation of Oseltamivir Phosphate in pure form and pharmaceutical formulation.
Methods: This UV method was developed using Methanol as a solvent. In the present method, the wavelength selected for analysis was 218 nm. UV-Visible double beam spectrophotometer (Systronic 2201) was used to carry out spectral analysis. The ICH guidelines were used to validate the method.
Results: The method was validated for linearity, range, accuracy, precision, robustness, LOD and LOQ. Linearity was found in the range of 10-50µg/ml. Accuracy was performed by using a recovery study. The amount of drug recovered was found to be in the range of 99.01-100.1%. The % RSD value was found to be less than 2.
Conclusion: The developed UV spectrophotometric method was found to be simple, economic, sensitive, easy, accurate, linear, specific and highly sensitive and can be used for routine estimation of Oseltamivir Phosphate.
2. Sahu SA, Acharya SA, Chourasia AK, Asati AP. Method development and validation of oseltamivir phosphate in bulk drug by uv spectroscopy. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2012;4:194-6.
3. Davies BE. Pharmacokinetics of oseltamivir: an oral antiviral for the treatment and prophylaxis of influenza in diverse populations. J Antimicrob Chemother 2010;65:5-10.
4. Pandian PM, Kannan KK, Manikandan MP, Manavalan Rk. Formulation and evaluation of oseltamivir phosphate capsules. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2012;4:342-7.
5. https://www.rochecanada.com/PMs/Tamiflu/Tamiflu_PM_E.pdf. [Last accessed on 02 Oct 2019]
6. Ward PP, Small IJ, Smith JJ, Suter PP, Dutkowskr RO. Oseltamivir (Tamiflu) and it's potential for use in the event of an influenza pandemic. J Antimicrob Chemother 2005;5:5-21.
7. Arsova Sarafinovska ZK, Ameti AP, Slavkovska JJ, Starkoska KT. A simple isocratic RP-HPLC method for quality control of oseltamivir capsule. Maced J Chem Chem Eng 2012;32:205-15.
8. Bano TS, Dudhe RR, Kumar NK. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for the determination of oseltamivir phosphate API. J Progressive Res Chem 2015;2:69-72.
9. Rashed NS, Abdallah OM, Said NS. Validated stability-indicating method for determination of oseltamivir phosphate. Br J Pharm Res 2017;16:1-9.
10. ICH, Q2 (R1) Validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology, International conference on harmonization; 1996.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.