FORMULATION AND EVALUATION OF HERBAL TABLETS CONTAINING NYCTANTHES ARBOR-TRISTS LEAVES
Keywords:Nil, Anti-pyretic, Analgesic, Anti-inflammatory, Herbal tablets, Arthritis
Objective: To formulate arthritic pain relieving tablets and evaluation of tablets.
Methods: The preparation of dry powder of Nyctanthes arbor-tristis leaves, 1% Acacia solution, 1%HPMC-10 solution, 1% Sodium alginate solution. The wet granulation method was used for the formulation of herbal tablets.
Results: Based on the pre-formulation study, the flow property of granules was good. The physical parameters of compressed tablets color were Greenish white for F1 and F3 batch, Dark greenish-white color for F2batch. The weight variation test, hardness, thickness, friability and disintegration time for F1 batch was found to be [497±5%, 3.3±0.17, 4.00±0.005, 0.81%, 28] respectively, For F2 batch [506±5%, 3.13±0.01, 3.66±0.023, 1.43%, 25] respectively, For F3 batch [502.5±5%, 3.13±0.01, 3.96±0.001, 1.8%, 32] respectively.
Conclusion: The formulated herbal tablets were used to manage arthritic pain. Based on the results, it is concluded that the formulation and evaluation of herbal tablets were good.
2. Champa Rani, Sunaina Chawla, Manisha Mangal, Subhash Kajla, AK Dhawan. Nyctanthes arbor-tristis linn. A sacred ornamental plant with immense medicinal potentials. Indian J Traditional Knowledge 2012;11:427-35.
3. VS Jadhav, VB Ghawate. Evaluation of combined wound healing activity of ethanoic extract of leaves of Murraya koenigii and nyctanthes arbor-tristis. Drug Invention Today 2017;9:24-7.
4. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyctanthes_arbor-tristis. [Last accessed on 10 Dec 2019]
5. Ashwani Kumar, Beenu Rathi, Vani Tyagi. Systemic review on anti-sciatica plant “Night Jasmine”. Int J Curr Microbiol Appl Sci 2017;6:1018-35.
6. S Bansal, AJ Bharati, YK Bansal. In vitro callogenesis and phytochemical screening of Harsingar a multipotent medicinal tree. Int J Pharmtech Res 2013;5:1786-93.
7. Jadhav Santosh, Patil Manojkumar. A review on: nyctanthes arbor-tristis linn. Rejuvenating herbs. Int J Res Pharm Pharm Sci 2016;1:54-62.
8. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/7621.php. [Last accessed on 10 Dec 2019]
9. Jyoti B Wadekar, Ramesh L Savant, Unnati B Patel. Rheumatoid arthritis and herbal drugs: a review. J Pharmacol 2015;4:311-8.
10. Micheal E Aulton. Aulton’s pharmaceutics: the design and manufacture of medicines. 3rd editions China; Elsevier publishers; 2007. p. 178, 355-356.
11. Haritha B. A review on evaluation of tablets. J Formulation Sci Bioavailability 2017;1:107.
12. Hitesh Chaturvedi, Ayush Garg, Udiabhan Singh Rathore. Post-compression evaluation parameters for tablets-an overview. Eur J Pharm Res 2017;4:526-30.