UV-SPECTROPHOTOMETRIC METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION FOR ESTIMATION OF IPRATROPIUM BROMIDE IN API AND PHARMACEUTICAL DOSAGE FORM
Objective: The current work intended towards the developed and validated by using Simple, rapid, sensitive, precise and specific method UV Spectrophotometric method for the estimation of Ipratropium bromide in API and pharmaceutical formulation.
Methods: Water used as a solvent and the absorbance of the drug was measured at the absorbance’s maxima of Ipratropium bromide λmax is 214 nm.
Result: Calibration curve plotted in concentration range 20-120µg/ml exhibit the linearity relationship with line equation y=0.0062x+0.3161 and r2=0.995. The Accuracy was found to be 99.5-100.1%, the precision %RSD= 0.12888-0.30533, and the LOD and LOQ is 8.78266-28.5881. The method was found to comply with all the validation parameters as per ICH guidelines indicating the sensitivity of the method towards analyte.
Conclusion: The method can be used satisfactory for the routine analysis of Ipratropium Bromide present in API and Pharmaceutical dosage form.
2. GB Kasawar, M Faooqui. Development and validation of stability indicating RP-HPLC for the simultaneous determination of the related substance of albuterol sulphate and ipratropium bromide in nasal solution. J Pharm Biomed Anal 2010;52:19-20.
3. A Rasheed, O Ahmed. Analytical separation and characterization of degradation product and the development and validation of stability indicating method for the estimation of impurities in Ipratropium bromide respules formulation. Int J Appl Pharm Sci Res 2017;2:55-63.
4. P Nagarju, SCHVSS Appaji. Development and validation of novel RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of levosalbutamol and Ipratropium bromide in pharmaceutical dosage form. Int J Res Pharm Chem 2014;4:635.
5. Gummadi Sowjanya D, Gowri Sankar JVLN, Seshagiri Rao. Development and validation of a new RP-HPLC method for the simultaneous determination of albuterol sulphate and ipratropium bromide in nasal inhalation. Int Res J Pharm 2018;9:63-70.
6. K Kranthi Kiran. A new analytical method development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of albuterol and Ipratropium bromide using RP-HPLC. Int J Pharm Investigation Res 2017;4:63-70.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.