CORONAVIRUS-A VIRUS IN LEARNING
Viruses can infect almost all the types of life forms, from animals, plants to microorganisms. They are found in almost every ecosystem on Earth and are the most numerous types of biological entity. The present pandemic on Earth due to SARS COV 2, coronavirus has given a big jolt to the scientific community and created a deep curiosity in us to understand the virus and its interaction biochemically in humans. We did a small project by researching and compiling the information about its outbreak and host-pathogen interactions. To understand this pandemic COVID 19 and the virus, we as students learnt the structural morphology of virus and its role in the host-pathogen interaction. We used several online platforms for our study like PubMed, Scopus, WHO, ICMR and CDC Websites.
2. Lissenberg A, Vrolijk MM, van Vli, Langereis MA, de Groot Mijnes JD, Rottier PJ, et al. Luxury at a cost? Recombinant mouse hepatitis viruses expressing the accessory hem agglutinin esterase protein display reduced ?tness in vitro. J Virol 2005;79:15054-63.
3. Lai MM, Cavanagh D. The molecular biology of coronaviruses. Adv Virus Res 1997;48:1–100.
4. De Haan CA, Rottier PJ. Molecular interactions in the assembly of coronaviruses. Adv Virus Res 2005;64:165-230.
5. Zhu N, Zhang D, Wang W, Li X, Yang B, Song J, et al. A novel coronavirus from patients with pneumonia in China, 2019. New Engl J Med 2020;382:727-33.
6. Kahn JS, McIntosh K. History and recent advances in corona virus discovery. Pediatric Inf Disease J 2015;24 (11 Suppl):S223–27.
7. The Editorial Board. Is the world ready for the coronavirus?—distrust in science and institutions could be a major problem if the outbreak worsens. The New York Times; 2020.
8. Li F, Li W, Farzan M, Harrison SC. Structure of SARS coronavirus spike receptor-binding domain complexed with receptor. Science 2020;309:1864–68.
9. Doucleef M. Scientists go deep on genes of SARS-like virus. Associated Press. Archived from the original; 2012.
10. Fang Li. Structure, function, and evolution of coronavirus spike proteins. Annu Rev Virol 2016;3:237–61.
11. X Songs Jiang. Viruses 2019, emerging microbes and infections, the Economist; 2012.
12. Prajapat M, Sarma P, Shekhar N, Avti P, Sinha S, Kaur H, et al. Drug targets for corona virus: a systematic review. Indian J Pharmacol 2020;52:56-65.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.