HYDROTROPIC SOLUBILIZATION AND LINEARITY PROFILE OF PAZOPANIB
Keywords:Pazopanib, Hydrotropic, Solubilization, Solubility Profile, Linearity profile, Quantitative Determination
Objective: A study on the hydrotropic solubility and linearity profile of Pazopanib was carried out by using Niacinamide as the solubilizing agent as Pazopanib is poorly soluble in water.
Methods: Pazopanib was freely soluble in water when 2.8M Niacinamide was used as a solubilizing agent. Pazopanib shows an absorption maximum at 282 nm in First derivative mode of measurement using Shimazdu UV Spectrophotometer 1800 spectronic model.
Results: At the absorption maximum of 282 nm, Pazopanib shows a linear response in the range of 5μg/ml to 15μg/ml concentration.
Conclusion: The present study is useful for the aqueous solubilization and quantitative determination of Pazopanib in bulk drug and in pharmaceutical formulations thus avoiding toxic solvents.
2. Sherje AP, Desai KJ. Spectrophotometric determination of poorly water soluble drug rosiglitazone using hydrotropic solubilization technique. Indian J Pharm Sci 2011;73:579-82.
3. Ji Young Kim, Sungwon Kim, Michelle Papp, Kinam Park, Rodolfo Pinal. Hydrotropic solubilization of poorly water soluble drugs. J Pharm Sci 2010;99:3953-65.
4. Patidar A. Analytical application of hydrotropic solubilization in spectrophotometric determination of naproxen in tablet dosage form. Int J Pharm Biol Archive 2011;2:1479-80.
5. Sharma MC, Smita Sharma. Spectrophotometric determination and application of hydrotropic solubilization in the quantitative analysis of ranitidine hydrochloride in pharmaceutical dosage form. Int J PharmTech Res 2011;3:253-5.
6. Nidhi K, Singhvi I, Mehta K, Karwani G, Sen G. Hydrotropy: a promising tool for solubility enhancement. Int J Drug Dev Res 2011;3:26-33.
7. https://www.epa.gov/ U. S. Environmental protection agency. [Last accessed on 27 Feb 2020]
8. http://z8d6mv5klx.myhome.cx/537.html DDG Meeting online: USP Proposed Solubility measurements. [Last accessed on 06 May 2020]
9. https://www.ich.org/page/quality-guidelines [Last accessed on 27 Feb 2020]
10. https://www.fda.gov/media/71021/download [Last accessed on 27 Feb 2020]