CHARACTERIZATION AND BIOLOGICAL STUDY OF 3-(4-BROMO-1-HYDROXYNAPHTHALEN-2-YL)-5-ARYL-1-SUBSTITUTED-PYRAZOLES
4-Bromo-2-(1-substituted-5-aryl-pyrazolin-3yl)-naphthalen-1-ols were suspended in DMSO in 250 ml R. B. flask fitted with condenser and then crystal of Iodine was added to it. The reaction mixture was stirred and refluxed for 1 hour 30 Min. The contents were cooled and diluted with water. The product obtained was filtered and washed with 10% aqueous sodium thiosulphate and crystallized from ethanol acetic acid mixture to obtained 3-(4-bromo-1-hydroxynaphthalen-2-yl)-5-aryl-1-substituted-pyrazoles The synthesized compounds were characterized by elemental analysis, 1H NMR, IR Spectroscopy. All Newly synthesized compound were scanned for their antimicrobial activity and all newly synthesized compounds shows an excellent antimicrobial activities.Keywords: Synthesis, Characterization, IR Specra, NMR Spectra, Pyrazolines.
2. Wily R H, and Wiley P, John Wiley, Sons, New York, 1964, 102.
3. Parmar V S, Kumar A, Prasad A K, Singh S K, Kumar N, Mukherjee S, Raj H G, Goel S, Errington W, Puar S, Bioorg Med Chem, 17, 1999, 1425.
4. Parmar V S, bracke M Et al., Philippe J, Wengel J, Jain S C, Olsen C E, Bisht K S, Sharma N K, Courtens A, Sharma S K, Vennekens K, Marck V V, Singh S K, Kumar N, Kumar A, Malhotra S, Kumar R, Rajwanshi V K, Jain R, Mareel M M, Bioorg Med Chem 5, 1997, 1609.
5. Rosiere C E, Grossmann M I, Science, 113, 1951, 651.
6. Bailey D M, Hansen P E, Hlavac A G, Baizman E R, Pearl J, Defelice A F, Feigenson M E, J Med Chem, 28, 1985, 256.
7. Rainer G, Krueger U, Klemm K, Arzneim Forsh, 31, 1981, 649, Chem Abstr, 95, 1981, 90723.
8. Amr AEI GES, N. A. Abdel-Latif, M. M. Abdlla, Acta Pharm, 2006, 56, 1203.
9. T. A. Henry, The Plant Alkoloids, Anmol Publicaion Pvt. Ltd., 1999.
10. S. Chimichi, M. Boccalini, M. M. M. Hassan, G. Viola, Dallâ€™ Acqua F, M. Curini, Tetrahedron 2006, 62, 90.
11. Kobayashi, Hisafumi, Kato, Motto, Nitani, Fumio, Chem, Abstr 1989, 106 297008/g.
12. M. A. Hantoon, Minnesota Medicine, 2001, 84, 102.
13. X. Zhang, Li X., G. F. Allan, T. Sbriscia, J. Med. Chem. 2007, 50 (16), 3857.
14. Nugent Richard, Marphy Meghan et. al., J. Med. Chem. 1993, 36 (1) 134.
15. N. M. Abunada, H. M. Hasaneen, N. G. Kandile, O. A. Miqdad, Molecules, 2008, 13, 1501.