EXTRACTION OF RESIN FROM AGRO-INDUSTRIAL WASTES
In the present work, the extraction of resin from the cashew nut sludge (agro-Industrial waste) was done using three different solvents namely methanol, propanol and diethyl ether. Among the three solvents propanol shows the better results for extraction of resin and it was further confirmed with FTIR, TGA and DSC. The FT-IR (Fourier Trsnsform Infra Red Spectroscopic analysis was used to structural changes during the extracted resin using propanol. The maximum peak obtained using propanol as a solvent for the extraction of resin was 14-16 min intensity. All the experimental study throughout the present study indicated that the obtained resin has wide application on waste water treatment. In future, it can be used as a cheap substitute instead of commercial resin for a better environment.
1. Muruthy ,B.G.K ,Sivasaman,M.A.,Recent trends in CNSL utilization-cashew research and development: Proceedings of the international cashew symposium, Cochin,Kerala,India, pp.12-15, 1985.
2. Ranjana Yadav., Deepak Srivastava,.Studies on cardanol-based epoxidized novalac resin and its blends. Journal of chemistry and chemical technology, Vol. 2, pp.173-184, 2008.
3. Rajesh, N.Patel., Santanu Bandyopadhyay., Anuradda Ganesh., Economic appraisal of supercritical fluid extraction of refined cashew nut shell liquid . J .Chromatogr. Vol.1124, pp.130-138, 2006.
4. Yamamoto, K., Sugai, Y., Onogaki, T. The rheological properties of starch pastes and gels obtained from air classified potato starches. Journal of Japanese Society of Starch Science, vol.29, pp.277â€“286, 1982.
5. Green B.R, Mechanisms of loading of metal cyanides by weak-base anion exchange resins, React. Polym. Vol.8, pp 2-21, 1988.
6. Vincze, J. Solymosi, I. Ka sa, A. Sa frany. Extractive-scintillating resin produced by radiation polymerization. Radiation Physics and Chemistry, Vol.7, issue.6, pp.1395â€“1398, 2007.
7. Akinhanmi, T.F., Atasie, V.N., Akintokun, P.O., â€˜Chemical composition and physicochemical properties of cashew nut (anacardium occidentale) oil and cashew nut shell liquid.â€™ Journal of agriculture,food,and environmental science. Vol.2, pp.1-10, 2008.
8. Smith, R.L., Malaluan, R.M., Setianto, W.B., Inomata, H., Arai, K.,Seperation of cashew (anacardium occidentale) nut shell liquid with supercritical carbon dioxide. Bioresour Technol. Vol.88, pp.1-7, 2003.
9. Maria Yulian, Lien-Huong Huynh, Quoc-Phong Ho, Chi-Thanh Truong, Yi-Hsu Ju. Defatted cashew nut shell starch as renewable polymeric material: Isolation and characterization. Desalination, pp. 2576-2581, 2012.
10. Oghome, P., Kehinde, A.J., Separation of cashew nut shell liquid by column chromatography. African journal of science and technology (AJST). Vol.5, pp.92-95 2004.