FORMULATION AND EVALUATION OF ITOPRIDE HCL SUSTAINED RELEASED PELLETS
The present work was aimed at formulation development, evaluation and comparative study of the effects of ethyl cellulose in Itopride HCL CR pellets. The controlled release polymers used for the present study were Ethylcellulose N-14 and Ethylcellulose N-20. The formulated pellets were evaluated for various pellet properties, like hardness, bulk density, tapped density, cars index and dissolution rate. Comparative evaluation of the above-mentioned parameters established the superiority of the pellets formulated with Ethylcellulose those formulated with different grades.
2. Vyas S P and Khar R K, â€˜Controlled drug delivery system: Concepts andadvancesâ€™,1ed, Vallabh Prakashan, New Delhi.
3. Bramankar D M and Jaiswal S B, â€˜Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics A Treatiseâ€™, 1ed, Vallabh prakashan, Delhi.
4. Lachman L and Lieberman H A, Kaing J L, â€˜The Theory and Practice of Industrial Pharmacyâ€™, 3rded, Bombay, Varghese publishing house.
5. Gennrao R A, â€˜Controlled release drug delivery system, the science and Practice of pharmacy, remingtan.
6. Vyas S. P. And Khar R K, â€˜Controlled drug delivery: Concepts and Advancesâ€™, ed, Vallabh Prakashan, New Delhi.
7. Chien Y.W, â€˜Rate controlled drug delivery systemâ€™: controlled release Vs Sustained Release, med.prog.tech.
8. Gibson, pharmaceutical preformulation & formulation.
9. Degussa creating essential, Guideline for formulation development & process Technology for Enteric coatings.
10. D.Wurster Method for Applying Coating to Tablets, US Patent.
11. Bergstrand , â€˜ Multiple unit Pharmaceuical preparation containing Proton pump Inhibitorâ€™, Patent.
12. Rahman A, â€˜Development and in vitro Evaluations of enteric coated multiparticulate system for resistant tuberculosisâ€™, Indian journal of pharmaceutical sciences.
13. Tanberk , â€˜New galenic process for the omeprazole pellets.
14. Claudio N, â€˜ Influence of formulation and process parameter on pellets production by powder layering technique using aqueous solution.
15. Heinamalk J , â€˜Diffusion of freely water soluble drug in aqueous enteric coated pellets.
16. Comoglu T, â€˜Development and in vitro Evaluation of pantoprazole loaded Microsphrers
17. Rekkas, â€˜Optimization of the Pelletization Process in a Fluid-Bed Rotor Granulator Using Experimental Design.
18. Kristensen J, â€˜Direct pelletization in a Rotary Processor Controlled by Torque Measurements. III. Investigation of Microcrystalline Cellulose and Lactose Grade.
19. Wipo patent, â€˜Double Pellet formulation of Proton Pump Inhibitors & clarithromyin for the treatment of gastrointestinal ulcer.
20. wipo patent, â€˜New stabilized galenic formulation comprising lansoprazole and their preparation.
21. Golam Kibria, Afsana Akhter, KM Ariful Islam,. Formulation and evaluation of domperidone pellets prepared by powder layering technologyâ€, Asian journal of pharmaceutics.
22. Nisar-Ur-Rahman1, K.H. Yuen, Y.T.F. Tan and Wong Jia Woei,. Formulation and evaluation of controlled release diltiazem pellets using Eudragit E40.
23. S.K.Singh, C. H. Borkhataria, Dr. N.R. Seth, Dr. R. P. Patel, S. Singh4 And G. R. Parmar, Formulation And In Vitro Evaluation Of Lansoprazole Micropelletsâ€. International Journal of PharmTech Research.
24. N Vishal Gupta, DV Gowda, V Balamuralidhara, S Mohammed Khan, Formulation and evaluation of olanzapine matrix pellets for controlled release.
25. Abdul Althaf. S, Venkateswarulu. Yand Umal Khair. S. Der Pharmacia Sinica, Modified release capsules of Ambroxil Preformulation and evaluation.
26. Amit Bhat, Kpr Chowdary, Shobharani.R.H, Lakshmi Narasu, Formulation and Evaluation Of Chronopharmaceutical Drug Delivery Of Theophylline For Nocturnal Asthma.
27. J. Balasubramaniam, Y.V. Rajesh, K. Bindu, B.C. Ratnam, J. Yang, T. Bee and S. Porter, Preparation of esomeprazole magnesium pellets by extrusion spheronization.
28. Rakhee A. Surana, Anand S. Surana, A.V. Chandewar, S. B. Jaiswal, Formulation development and evaluation of phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride sustained release pellets: effect of different solvent used for coating solution on the release process.
29. Wang L, Wang J, Lin X, Tang X, Preparation and in vitro evaluation of gliclazide sustained-release matrix pellets: formulation and storage stability.
30. J. G. Hardy, G. L. Lamont, D. F. Evans, A. K. Haga, O. N. Gamst, Evaluation of an enteric-coated naproxen pellet formulation.
31. Bhupendra G.Prajapati, Niklesh Patel, Hitesh K. Patel, Matrix Sustained Release Tablet of Water Soluble Prokinetic Agent: ItoprideHydrochloride.
32. Prabha Sawant, HS Das, Nutan Desai, S Kalokhe, S Patil, Comparative Evaluation of the Efficacy and Tolerability of Itopride Hydrochloride and Domperidone in Patients with Non-ulcer Dyspepsia.
33. Shaik.Harun Rasheed, Mogili.Ramakotaiah, Konda.Ravi Kumar,C H. Nagabhushanam And C H. M.M Prasada Rao, Estimation of Rabeprazole Sodium and Itopride Hydrochloride in Tablet Dosage Form Using Reverse Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography.
34. Balram Choudhary, Anju Goyal, Sukhbir L. Khokra, New Visible Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Itopride Hydrochloride from Tablets Formulations Using Methyl Orange Reagent.
35. Shweta S. Sabnis, Nilesh D. Dhavale, Vijay. Y. Jadhav, Santosh V. Gandhi, Spectrophotometric simultaneous determination of Rabeprazole Sodium and Itopride Most enteric coatings won't dissolve in solutions with a pH lower than Hydrochloride in capsule dosage form.
36. Degussa creating essential, Guideline for formulation development & process Technology for Enteric coatings.
37. Lian D H, â€˜Preparation and invitro / invivo evalution of sustained release metformin hydrochloride pellets.
38. Medline Plus, The National Library Of Medicines Consumer Health Website.
39. Rowe R C, Handbook of pharmaceutical excipient.
40. United State Pharmacopoeia, official monograph Pantoprazole Sodium Delayed Release Tablet.