SIMULTANEOUS ESTIMATION OF IRBESARTAN AND ATORVASTATIN BY FIRST ORDER DERIVATIVE SPECTROSCOPIC METHOD IN THEIR SYNTHETIC MIXTURE USE IN HYPERTENSION CONDITION
The present manuscript describe simple, sensitive, rapid, accurate, precise and economical first derivative spectrophotometric method for the simultaneous determination of Irbesartan (IRB) and AtorvastatinÂ (ATR) in synthetic mixture. The derivative spectrophotometric method was based on the determination of both the drugs at their respective zero crossing point (ZCP). The first order derivative spectra was obtained in methanol and the determinations were made at 225.20 nm (ZCP of I Atorvastatin) for Irbesartan Â and 308.15 nm (ZCP of Irbesartan) for Atorvastatin. The linearity was obtained in the concentration range of succinate 5-30 Î¼g/ml for Irbesartan and 5- 30 Î¼g/ml for Atorvastatin Succinate. The mean recovery was 99.25 and 99.65% for Irbesartan and Atorvastatin succinate, respectively. The method was found to be simple, sensitive, accurate and precise and was applicable for the simultaneous determination of Irbesartan and Atorvastatin in synthetic mixture. The results of analysis have been validated statistically and by recovery studies. The proposed method is recommended for routine analysis since they are rapid, simple, accurate and also sensitive and specific by no heating and no organic solvent extraction.
2. Irbesartan drug info in drugbank. (database available on internet): http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/db01029
3. Irbesartan drug info. (database available on internet): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/irbesartan
4. Dileep N, Siva P, Santhi K and Sajeeth C. A review on atorvastatin co administration with ezetimibe for the treatment of hypercholesterolemia. Int J Pharm Chemica Sci. 1(2); 2012: 756-60.
5. Atorvastatin drug info in drugbank. (database available on internet): http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/db01076
6. Virani P, Sojitra R, Raj H and Jain V. A review on Irbesartan co administered with Atorvastatin for the treatment of cardiac risk. J Crit Rev. 1(1); 2014: 25-28.
7. Antonio C, Roberta A, Roberto D. et al. Effect of atorvastatin and Irbesartan, alone and in combination, on postprandial endothelial dysfunction, oxidative stress, and inflammation in type 2 diabetic patients. Circulation-American Heart Association. 111; 2013: 2517-24.
8. Virani P, Sojitra R, Raj H and Jain V. Irbesartan: A review on analytical method and its determination in pharmaceuticals and biological matrix. Inventi Rapid: Pharm Analysis & Quality Assurance. 4; 2014: 1-6.
9. Virani P, Sojitra R, Raj H and Jain V. Atorvastatin: A review on analytical method and its determination in pharmaceuticals and biological matrix. Inventi Rapid: Pharm Analysis & Quality Assurance. 4; 2014: 1-6.
10. Virani P, Raj H, Jain V and Jain P. Updated review: validation and method validation parameters. Pharmatutor. 2(10); 2014: 27-37.