ANALYTICAL METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF NADIFLOXACIN BY HIGH PERFORMANCE LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPHY
Objective: In the present work, a rapid, precise and sensitive HPLC Method with UV detection (237 nm) for analysis of Nadifloxacin in Bulk was developed.
Methods: Chromatography was performed with a mobile phase containing a mixture of 0.05 %v/v trifluoro acetic acid and acetonitrile (65:35 v/v) with flow rate 1.2 ml min-l. The proposed method was validated as per the standard guidelines.
Result: The retention time was found to be 12.3 min. In the range of 0.03-5 ppm, the linearity of Nadifloxacin shows a correlation co-efficient of 0.9997. Percentage recovery of the drug was found to be good (98-102%). Validation of the developed method was successful for precision, robustness, specificity and selectivity and ruggedness.
Conclusion: The developed HPLC method was found to be simple, sensitive, precise, accurate and reproducible and can be successfully used for the quantitative estimation of Nadifloxacin in bulk.
2. Kumar A, Sinha S, Agarwal SP, Ali J, Ahuja A, Baboota S. Validated stability-indicating thin layer chromatographic determination of nadifloxacin in microemulsion and bulk drug formulations. J Food Drug Anal 2010;18(5):358-65.
3. Kulkarni AA, Nanda RK, Ranjane MN, Ranjane PN. Simultaneous estimation of Nadifloxacin and Mometasone Furoate in topical cream by HPTLC method. Der Pharm Chemica 2010;2(3):25-30.
4. Sharma SD, Singh G. Enantioseparation of nadifloxacin by high performance liquid chromatography. Adv Anal Chem 2012;2(4):25-31.
5. Devhadrao N, Bansode A, Bansode A, Yeole R. Analytical method development and validation of s-nadifloxacin in pure form by HPLC. Int J Pharm Clin Res 2014;6(1):63-7.
6. Devhadrao NV. Analytical method development and validation of nadifloxacin in drug substance and selected dosage form by HPLC, Dept of Quality Assurance, KLEUâ€™s College of Pharmacy: Belgaum; 2012.