SIMULTANEOUS DETERMINATION OF FLURBIPROFEN AND PANTOPRAZOLE IN BULK AND PHARMACEUTICAL DOSAGE FORM BY UV SPECTROPHOTOMETER
Objective: A simple, rapid, precise and accurate spectrophotometric method has been developed for determination of Flurbiprofen and Pantoprazole by simultaneous equation method in combined dosage form
Methods: The 6.8 pH phosphate buffer was selected as solvent for developing spectral characteristics of both drugs. The method was validated for recovery studies.
Results: The Î»max of Flubiprofen was found to be 230 nm and Pantoprazole was found to be 270 nm. The method obeyed Beer's law in the concentration range of 10-100 Î¼g/ml for Flurbiprofen and 10-100 Î¼g/ml for Pantoprazole. The percentage recovery of Flubiprofen was found to be 99.16 and Pantoprazole was found to be 99.46.
Conclusion: The proposed method was validated and can be used for analysis of combined tablet formulation containing Flurbiprofen and Pantoprazole.
2. Ermer & Miller-Method validation in Pharmaceutical analysis. p. 21-171.
3. U Swati, et al. Estimation of Domperidone and Pantoprazole-Scholars Reasearch library. 2012;4(4):1517-21.
4. Mamatha Thirunagari, Solubility Enhancement studies of Flubiprofen using different Solubilization techniques. IJPPS vol supply4. 2012;4.
5. Jigar Pandya, et al. Development and validation of differential spectrophotometric method for pantoprazole in tablet dosage. J of Pharm Sci and Bioscientific Res vol. 2(1).
6. Indian Pharmacopoeia, edition volI&II. 1996.
7. British Pharmacopoeia, edition. 2007.
8. British Pharmacopoeia, Vol. London: Her Majesty's Stationary Office. 2008;1.
9. Pharmacopoeia, III. The European edition. 1997
10. Raju M S, et al. Spectrophotometric determination of Pantoprazole by Precipitation reactions and by HPLC. Asian J Chemistry 2004;16(2).