DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF A STABILITY INDICATING HPTLC METHOD FOR DETERMINATION OF EPERISONE HYDROCHLORIDE IN BULK DRUG
Objective: A new, economical, precise and accurate stability indicating HPTLC method was developed and validated for the determination of Eperisone hydrochloride in bulk drug.
Methods: Sample and standard solutions of Eperisone hydrochloride was applied on precoated silica gel G 60 F254 HPTLC plate and the plate was developed using Toluene: Chloroform: Ethanol (4:4:1v/v/v) as mobile phase. The detection was performed at 266 nm
Results: The calibration curve was found to be linear between 100 to 700 ng/spot for Eperisone hydrochloride with correlation coefficients 0.999. The Rf value for Eperisone hydrochloride was found to be 0.26Â±0.03. The LOD and LOQ were found to be 100 ng/spot and 300 ng/spot for Eperisone hydrochloride. The selected drug was subjected to acid, alkali and oxidative degradation and study revealed, Eperisone hydrochloride is well resolved from pure form with significant differences in their Rf this method can be successfully employed for quantitative analysis of Eperisone hydrochloride in bulk drug.
Conclusion: The proposed method has been validated as per ICH Q2 (R1) guidelines. This method can be used for routine quality control analysis of Eperisone hydrochloride in bulk drug.
2. Maske PB, Nagras MA. Development and validation of spectrophotometric method for estimation of Eperisone Hydrochloride in bulk and tablet dosage form by using area under curve method. Int J Chem Tech Res 2013;5:2210-5.
3. Banerjee J, Solanki R, Nagori BP. Method development and validation for estimation of Eperisone Hydrochloride as API and in Tablet Dosage form by Two Spectroscopic Methods. ISRN Anal Chem 2013:1-6.
4. Kamble DN, Supriya SM. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of Eperisone hydrochloride and Diclofenac sodium in bulk and tablet dosage form. IJPCBS 2013;3(4):1286-92.
5. Sharavan KM, Kumar V. Development and validation of stability indicating RP-HPLC method for estimation of Eperisone Hydrochloride In pure and pharmaceutical dosage form. Am J Pharm Tech Res 2013;3(4):740-8.
6. Sistla VA, Rao PV, Rajavel P. Method development and validation of RP-HPLC method for the simultaneous estimation of Paracetamol and Eperisone Hydrochloride in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Pharm Tutor 2013;1(2): 88-98.
7. Bhatt JB, Prajapati RR. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of Eperisone hydrochloride and Diclofenac sodium in capsule dosage form. Indo Am J Pharm Res 2013;3(5): 3503-14.
8. Nirav U, Falgun M, Pinak S. HPTLC-Densitometric analysis of Eperisone hydrochloride and Paracetamol in their combined tablet dosage form. Chromatogr Res Int 2013:1-6.
9. Jeoung M, Kim N, Kim C, Chung Y. Determination of Eperisone in human plasma by Liquid chromatography-ESI-tandem mass spectrometry. Arch Pharm Res 2007;30(9):1174-8.
10. Li Ding, et al. Rapid and sensitive liquid chromatographyâ€“electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry method for the determination of eperisone in human plasma: method and clinical applications. J Chromatogr Sci 2004;42:254-8.