BETULIN-3, 28-DIPHOSPHATE SALT COMPLEXES WITH AMINES AND THEIR ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITY
Objective: Studies of composition, stability and antioxidant properties of the betulin-3, 28-diphosphate complexes with dopamine and trisamine.
Methods: The betulin-3, 28-diphosphate (BDP) interaction with amines in a water-alcohol medium was studied by using spectral methods and potentiometric titration. Biochemical indexes such as catalase, superoxide dismutase (SOD), lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) activities and malondialdehyde (MDA) level were estimated in experiments on rats.
Results: BDP was synthesized using betulin by POCl3 treatment in the presence of pyridine in dioxane. The complexation of BDP with amines was confirmed by the 31P-NMR and FTIR-spectral data. The stoichiometry of BDP-dopamine complexes was equal to 2:1 and 4:1 and its complexes with trisamine were produced in the ratio 1:1 in a water-alcohol medium. The conditional stability constant Ðšâ€²st of the BDP-trisamine complex is 1130Â±55 molâˆ™l-1. BDP-Tris complex improved SOD activity up to 30% and up to 105% in the presence of cytostatic-hydrazine sulfate. The MDA level in erythrocytes decreased up to 57% and in combination with cytostatics (5-fluorouracil and hydrazine sulfate)-up to 11-14%. The catalase activity increased by 44-94% and MDA level in erythrocytes decreased by 22-53% under the action BDP-DA complexes that depends on the dose.
Conclusion: The BDP forms stable complexes with trisamine and dopamine that make it possible to use this compound as a component of drug delivery system for high toxicity cytostatics and for readily oxidized catecholamines. It has been shown that both its complexes with amines and the combination with cytostatics enhanced antioxidant activity in an experiment in vitro.
2. Hao HX, Wang JK, Wang YL. Solubility of dexamethasone sodium phosphate in different solvents. J Chem Eng Data 2004;49:1697-8.
3. Shamsuddin AM. Anti-cancer function of phytic acid. Int J Food Sci Technol 2002;37:769-82.
4. Gu M, Raina K, Agarwal C, Agarwal R. Inositol hexaphosphate downregulates both constitutive and ligand-induced mitogenic and cell survival signaling, and causes caspase-mediated apoptotic death of human prostate carcinoma PC-3 cells. Mol Carcinog 2010;49:1-12.
5. Chrobak E, BÄ™benek E, Kadela-Tomanek M, Latocha M, Jelsch C, Wenger E, et al. Betulin phosphonates; synthesis, structure, and cytotoxic activity. Molecules 2016;21:1123-35.
6. Krasutsky PA, Carlson RM, Karim R, Inventors. Regents of the University of Minnesota, assignee. Triterpenes having antibacterial activity. US Patent 6,689,767; 2004.
7. Krasutsky PA, Carlson RM, Karim R, Inventors. Naturtek, LLC, assignee. Triterpenes having human antifungal and antiyeast activity. US Patent 6,642,217B2; 2003.
8. Muhammad A, Carlson RM, Reza-Ul Karim M, Krasutsky P. Inhibition of epstein-barr virus by the triterpenoid betulin diphosphate and uvaol. J Microbiol Biotechnol 2004;14:1086-8.
9. Kaplun AP, Andija-Pravdivyi JE, Bureeva SV, Kozlov LV, Shvets VI. Inventors moscow state academy of fine chemical technology named after lomonosov MV, assignee. The derivatives of betulin as inhibitors of the complement system. RU Patent 2,243,233; 2004.
10. Metzler D. Biochemistry: the chemical reactions of living cells. 2nd ed. New York: Academic Press; 2003.
11. Cotton FA, Day VW, Hazen EE, Larsen S. Structure of methylguanidinium dihydrogen orthophosphate. Model compound for arginine-phosphate hydrogen bonding. J Am Chem Soc 1973;95:4834-40.
12. De Stefano C, Giuffre O, Milea D, Sammartano S. Speciation of phytate ion in aqueous solution. Non covalent interactions with biogenic polyamines. Chem Speciation Bioavailability 2002;15: 29-36.
13. Kallet RH, Jasmer RM, Luce JM, Lin LH, Marks JD. The treatment of acidosis in acute lung injury with tris-hydroxymethyl aminomethane (THAM). Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2000;161:1149-53.
14. Kislitsyn AN. Extractive substances of birch bark: Isolation, composition, properties, application. J Wood Chem Technol 1994;3:3-28.
15. Mihara M, Uchiyama M. Determination of malonaldehyde precursor in tissues by thiobarbituric acid test. Anal Biochem 1978;86:271-8.
16. Solovyeva AG, Zimin YV. A new estimation method of blood metabolism dynamics of patients with heat injures. Modern Technologies Med 2012;2:116-7.
17. Waterborg JH, Matthews HR. The lowry method for protein quantitation. Methods Mol Biol 1994;32:1-4.
18. Solovyev ME, Solovyev MM. Computer chemistry. Moscow: SOLON-Press; 2005.