A REVIEW ON ANTI-INFLAMMATORY POTENTIAL OF SUBSTITUTED PYRAZOLINE DERIVATIVES SYNTHESISED FROM CHALCONES
The pyrazoline ring is a ubiquitous structural feature of many natural and synthetic compounds with potent anti-inflammatory activity. The creation of novel pyrazoline derivatives and examination of their chemical and biological behaviour have gained additional focus in the current decade. Pyrazolines and its fused heterocyclic derivatives tested with anti-inflammatory activity constitute a significant class of compounds for novel drug evolution. Pyrazoline nucleus when linked with different substituents like alkyl, aromatic, heterocyclic rings and many other groups at different positions on the ring shows considerable to more effective anti-inflammatory activity. This article presents a comprehensive review of the anti-inflammatory activity of some novel derivatives of pyrazoline ring.
2. Fernandes J, Revanasiddappa BC, Ishwarbhat K, Kumar MV, Dâ€™Souza L, Alva SS. Synthesis and in the vitro anti-inflammatory activity of novel pyrazoline derivatives. Res J Pharm Technol 2017;10:1679-82.
3. Kumar A, Varadaraj BG, Singla RK. Synthesis and evaluation of antioxidant activity of novel 3,5-disubstituted-2-pyrazolines. Bull Fac Pharm Cairo Univ 2013;51:167-73.
4. Sridhar S, Rajendraprasad Y. Synthesis and analgesic studies of some New 2-pyrazolines. J Chem 2012;9:1810-5.
5. Beyhan N, Kaymakcioglu BK, Gumru S, Aricioglu F. Synthesis and anticonvulsant activity of some 2-pyrazolines derived from chalcones. Arabian J Chem 2017;10 Suppl 2:S2073-81.
6. Montoya A, Quiroga J, Abonia R, Nogueras M, Cobo J, Insuasty B. Synthesis and in vitro antitumor activity of a novel series of 2-pyrazoline derivatives bearing the 4-aryloxy-7-chloroquinoline fragment. Molecules 2014;19:18656-75.
7. Akhtar W, Khan MF, Verma G, Shaquiquzzaman M, Akhter M, Marella A, et al., Coumarin-pyrazoline derivatives: their one-pot microwave assisted synthesis and antimalarial activity. J Med Chem 2017;3:5-9.
8. Upadhyay S, Tripathi AC, Paliwal S, Saraf SK. 2-pyrazoline derivatives in neuropharmacology: synthesis, ADME prediction, molecular docking and in vivo biological evaluation. EXCLI J 2017;16:628-49.
9. Kumar DA, Bhawna C, Rameshwar D, Sanjeev KM. Synthesis and anti-inflammatory activity of some o-propargylated-N-phenylpyrazole derived from 1,3-diarylpropenones. Int J Med Chem 2016;1-6. Doi:10.1155/2016/3156593.
10. Abbas A, Naseer MM. Synthesis and anti-inflammatory activity of new N-acyl-2-pyrazolines bearing homologous alkyloxy side chains. Acta Chim Slov 2014;61:792â€“802.
11. Gonjare NS, Awati SS, Sachin RK, Pramod BP, Shitalkumar SP, Manish SK. Synthesis and anti-inflammatory activity of some novel 1,2-pyrazoline derivatives. Pharma Chem 2013;5:86-91.
12. Khalil NA, Ahmed EM, El-Nassan HB, Ahmed OK, Al-Abd AM. Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel pyrazoline derivatives as anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agents. Arch Pharm Res 2012;35:995-1002.
13. Abdel Aziz M, Gamal Eldeen AM. Synthesis and screening of anti-cancer, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory activities of novel galloyl pyrazoline derivatives. Pharm Biol 2009;47:854-63.
14. Sahu SK, Banerjee M, Samantray A, Behera C, Azam MA. Synthesis, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial activities of some novel pyrazoline derivatives. Trop J Pharm Res 2008;7:961-8.
15. Nossier ES, Fahmy HH, Khalifa NM, El-Eraky WI, Baset MA. Design and synthesis of novel pyrazole-substituted different nitrogenous heterocyclic ring systems as potential anti-inflammatory agents. Molecules 2017;22:512, 1-16.
16. Shravan YJ, Sachin PS, Suresh DK, Sandeep BP, Sharad KP, Raghunath BB. PEG-mediated synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of some fluoro substituted pyrazoline derivatives as anti-inflammatory and analgesic agents. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2013;23:2575â€“8.
17. Shroff M, Daharwal SJ. Newer substituted indolyl-pyrazoline derivatives as anti-inflammatory agents. Br Biomed Bull 2017;5:298.
18. Kishore BN, Rishika U, Ameena B, Hepsibha C, Madhava Reddy B, Babu VH. Synthesis, characterization of some novel pyrazoline incorporated imidazo [1,2-a]pyridines for anti-inflammatory and antibacterial activities. Pharma Chem 2017;9:45-9.
19. Kumar Nallasivan P, Jayakar B, Gopal N. Anti-inflammatory activity of novel pyrazoline containing quinazolinone derivatives. Asian J Pharm Anal Med Chem 2015;3:31-8.
20. Chandra T, Neha G, Suman L, Saxena KK, Ashok Kumar. Synthesis of substituted acridinyl pyrazoline derivatives and their evaluation for anti-inflammatory activity. Eur J Med Chem 2010;45:1772â€“6.
21. Khode S, Maddi V, Aragade P, Palkar M, Ronad PK, Mamledesai S, et al. Synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of a novel series of 5-(substituted)aryl-3-(3-coumarinyl)-1-phenyl-2-pyrazolines as novel anti-inflammatory and analgesic agents. Eur J Med Chem 2009;44:1682â€“8.
22. Joshi RS, Priyanka GM, Santosh DD, Sanjay KD, Charansingh HG. Synthesis, analgesic and anti-inflammatory activities of some novel pyrazolines derivatives. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2010; 20:3721â€“5.
23. Suthakaran R, Somasekhar G, Sridevi CH, Marikannan M, Suganthi K, Nagarajan G. Synthesis, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial activities of 7-methoxy benzofuran pyrazoline derivatives. Asian J Chem 2007;19: 3353-62.
24. Siva Sanker Reddy L, Bhagavan Raju M, Sridhar C. Novel pyrazolines: synthesis and evaluation of their derivatives with anticancer and anti-inflammatory activities. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2015;8:247-54.
25. Jainey PJ, Bhat IK. Antitumor, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory activities of synthesized pyrazolines. J Young Pharm 2012;4:82-7.
26. Ramesh B, Sumana T. Synthesis and anti-inflammatory activity of pyrazolines. J Chem 2010;7:514-6.
27. Magda AA, Abdel-Aziz NI, Alaa AM, El-Azab AS, ElTahir KEH. Synthesis, biological evaluation and molecular modelling study of pyrazole and pyrazoline derivatives as selective COX-2 inhibitors and anti-inflammatory agents. Bioorg Med Chem 2012;20:3306â€“16.
28. Khalil OM, Refaat HM. Synthesis and anti-inflammatory activity of some 3, 5-diaryl-2-pyrazoline derivatives. Orient J Chem 2011;27:1581-90.
29. Bano S, Kalim J, Shamim A, Rathish IG, Surender S, Alam MS. Synthesis and biological evaluation of some new 2-pyrazolines bearing benzenesulfonamide moiety as potential anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer agents. Eur J Med Chem 2011;46:5763-8.
30. Rahul AW, Dinesh LL, Vrushali P, Ashish A. Synthesis and in vitro anti-inflammatory activity of some 1-(4-methylsulphonyl aminomethyl) phenyl-3, 5-diaryl-pyrazolines. Int J ChemTech Res 2017;10:201-6.
31. Amir M, Ali S, Somakala K. Synthesis and biological evaluation of some new pyrazoline derivatives as anti-inflammatory agents. Indian J Chem 2016;55B:478-85.
32. Bashir R, Ovais S, Yaseen S, Hamid H, Alam MS, Samim M, et al. Synthesis of some new 1,3,5-trisubstituted pyrazolines bearing benzene sulfonamide as anticancer and anti-inflammatory agents. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2011;21:4301-5.
33. Rathish IG, Javed K, Ahmad S, Bano S, Alam MS, Pillai KK, et al. Synthesis and anti-inflammatory activity of some new 1,3,5-trisubstituted pyrazolines bearing benzene sulphonamide. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2009;19:255â€“8.
34. Fioravanti R, Adriana B, Fedele M, Francesca R, Francisco O, Francesco O, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of N-substituted-3,5-diphenyl-2-pyrazoline derivatives as cyclooxygenase (COX-2) inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem 2010; 45:6135-8.
35. Harathi P, Rajendra Prasad VVS, Satyavati D, Subramanian S, Vivekananda B, Prashanthi G. Synthesis, characterization and anti-inflammatory activity of novel pyrazole derivatives. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2015;8:82-6.
36. Shoman ME, Abdel Aziz M, Omar MA, Hassan HF, Morsy MA. Synthesis and investigation of anti-inflammatory activity and gastric ulcerogenicity of novel nitric oxide-donating pyrazoline derivatives. Eur J Med Chem 2009;44:3068â€“76.