FORMULATION AND EVALUATION OF DASATINIB LOADED SOLID LIPID NANOPARTICLES
Objective: The aim of present work was to formulate and evaluate Dasatinib (DST) loaded solid lipid nanoparticles (SLNs) as a potential anticancer drug delivery system by enhancing its solubility.
Methods: SLNs consist of a solid lipid matrix where the drug was incorporated. Surfactants of GRAS grade were used to avoid aggregation and to stabilize the SLNs. DST-SLNs formulations of varying concentrations were prepared by high speed homogenization technique and evaluated for drug excipients compatibility study, poly-dispersity index, particle size analysis, surface morphology, zeta potential and drug release features.
Results: It was observed that DST-SLNs with optimum quantities of poloxomer: lecithin ratio showed 88.06% drug release in 6h with good entrapment efficiency of 76.9Â±0.84 %. Particle size, Poly dispersity index, zeta potential and drug entrapment efficiency for the optimized formulation was found to be optimum. Stability studies revealed that the entrapment efficiency of the SLN dispersion stored in 4 Â°C was stable.Conclusion: Thus, it can be concluded that formulations of DST loaded SLNs are suitable carriers for improving the solubility and dissolution related problems.
2. Saikat R, Rosalynn Q, Adam JM. Structural and physicochemical aspects of dasatinib hydrate and anhydrate phases. Cryst Growth Des 2012;12:2122-6.
3. Siu FW. New dosing schedules of dasatinib for CML and adverse event management. J Hematol Oncol 2009;2:10-6.
4. Sandeep K, Vijaykumar N. A review on improved delivery of poorly soluble compounds using nanoparticle technology. Drug Delivery Transl Res 2016;6:319-32.
5. Lee J. Nanoparticle formulation increases oral bioavailability of poorly soluble drugs: approaches experimental evidences and theory. Curr Nanosci 2005;1:237â€“43.
6. Lian Dong H, Xing T, FuDe C. Solid lipid nanoparticles (SLNs) to improve oral bioavailability of poorly soluble drugs. J Pharm Pharmacol 2004;56:1257-535.
7. Singh H, Gupta RD, Gautam G. Formulation development, characterization, and in vitro-in vivo study of antihyperlipidemic drug rosuvastatin calcium-solid lipid nanoparticles. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2018;11:436-43.
8. Rasha A, Khallaf, Heba F, Salem, Ahmed A. 5-Fluorouracil shell-enriched solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN) for effective skin carcinoma treatment. Drug Delivery 2016;23:3452â€“60.
9. Nandini PT, Doijad RC, Shivakumar HN, Dandagi PM. Formulation and evaluation of gemcitabine-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles. Drug Delivery 2015;22:647â€“51.
10. Srawan GY, Madhuri K. Formulation and evaluation of clozapine solid lipid nanoparticles with natural lipid. Drug Discovery Ther 2014;2:18-26.
11. Senthil P, Arivuchelvan A, Jagadeeswaran A, Subramanian N, Senthil C, Mekala P. Formulation, optimization and evaluation of enrofloxacin solid lipid nanoparticles for sustained oral delivery. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2015;8:231-6.
12. Ekambaram P, Hasan S, Abdul A. Formulation and evaluation of solid lipid nanoparticles of ramipril. J Young Pharm 2011;3:216â€“20.
13. Abather A, Sadiq A, Abdul R. Formulation and evaluation of silibinin loaded solid lipid nanoparticles for peroral use targeting lower part of gastrointestinal tract. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2014;6:55-67.