HENOCH-SCHONLIEN PURPURA ASSOCIATED WITH HEPATITIS C AND COMPENSATED CIRRHOSIS
An unordinary case report of henoch-schonlein purpura (HSP) in a relationship with hepatitis C and compensated cirrhosis was identified in 14 y aged male patient. He was admitted in the pediatric department with stomach pain, yellow skin, rashes with tingling and erythematous injuries over the legs with agony and swelling since multi-day. He feels pain during walking and appears to be with swelling of lower leg muscles. His unusual liver function test was distinguished with elevated levels of bilirubin-3 mg/dl, basic phosphatase-314 U/l, aspartate aminotransferase-55 U/l and alanine aminotransferase-60 U/l. His skin biopsy shows up leukocytoclastic vasculitis and IgA depositions. Liver biopsy revealed nuclei enlargement with extensive cell change and scattered cell plates. His blood test was with the presence of the hepatitis C virus (HCV) antibodies. He was finally diagnosed as HSP associated with HCV and compensated cirrhosis.
2. Srujith Chandrakanthi, Oshin Mantro, Jagadeesan Mohanan, Mervin Kayiparambil Soman, Prasanna Karthik Suthakaran, Kannan Rajendran. Adult onset henoch: schonlein purpura-an unusual presentation. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2017;10:2-3.
3. Coppo R, Basolo B, Piccoli G. IgA1 and IgA2 immune complexes in primary IgA nephropathy and henoch-schonlein nephritis. Clin Exp Immunol 1984;57:583-90.
4. Jennette JC, Falk RJ, Bacon PA. Revised international, chapel hill consensus conference nomenclature of vasculitides. Arthritis Rheumatism 2013;65:1-11.
5. Blanco R, MartInez Taboada VM, RodrIguez Valverde V, Garcia-Fuentes M, Gonzalez-Gay MA. Henoch-schÃ¶nlein purpura in adulthood and childhood: two different expressions of the same syndrome. Arthritis Rheum 1997;40:859-64.
6. Kraft DM, Mckee D, Scott C. Henoch-schÃ¶nlein purpura: a review. Am Family Physician 1998;58:405-8.
7. Rigante D, Castellazzi L, Bosco A. Is there a crossroad between infections, genetics, and Henoch-SchÃ¶nlein purpura? Autoimmun Rev 2013;12:1016-21.
8. Hernando-Harder AC, Booken N, Goerdt S. Helicobacter pylori infection and dermatologic diseases. Eur J Dermatol 2009;19:431-44.
9. Linda Ferrell. Liver pathology: cirrhosis, hepatitis, and primary liver tumors, update and diagnostic problems. Mod Pathol 2000;13:679-704.
10. Achmad Fuad Hafid, Tutik Sri Wahyuni, Lidya Tumewu, Evhy Apryani, Adita Ayu Permanasari, Myrna Adianti, et al. Anti-hepatitis C virus activity of indonesian mahogany (Toona Sureni). Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2018;11:87-90.
11. Wilkins T, Malcolm JK, Raina D. Hepatitis c: diagnosis and treatment. Am Family Physician 2010;81:1351-7.
12. Brillanti S, Masci C, Miglioli M. Serum IgM antibodies to hepatitis C virus in acute and chronic hepatitis C. Arch Virol Suppl 1993;8:213-8.
13. Rosen HR. Clinical practice. Chronic hepatitis C infection. New England J Med 2011;364:2429-38.
14. Ogawa M, Makino Y, Ueda S. Rapidly progressive glomerulonephritis in association with henoch-schonlein purpura in a patient with advanced liver cirrhosis. Nephron 1995;71:365-6.
15. Van de Wiel A, Valcntijin RM, Schuurman HJ. Circulating IgA immune complexes and skin IgA deposits in liver disease in relation to liver histopathology. Dig Dis Sei 1987;33:679-84.
16. Aggarwal M, Manskc CL, Lynch PJ. Hcnoch-schonlein vasculitis as a manifestation of IgA-associated disease in cirrhosis. Am J Kidney Dis 1992;20:400-2.
17. Chartapisak W, Opastiraku S, Willis NS. Prevention and treatment of renal disease in Henoch-SchÃ¶nlein purpura: a systematic review. Arch Dis Child 2009;94:132-7.