Screening, MeSCREENING, MEDIA OPTIMIZATION AND PARTIAL PURIFICATION OF PROTEASE BY TRICHOSPORON JAPONICUM VITVK1dia Optimization and Partial Purification of Protease by Trichosporon japonicum VITVK1
Objective: The main aim of the study was to screen, optimize and partial purification of protease from fungi. The isolated fungi were screened for protease activity on a modified SDA plate and subjected to media optimization. Comparative study of free and immobilized cells was done.
Methods: A partial sequencing of the fungi was done. The process parameters were examined by the classical method and Plackett Burman method, including carbon, nitrogen sources, pH, temperature, agitation and inoculum size were optimized. The enzyme was subjected to step by step purification process by ammonium sulfate precipitation.
Results: The total protein concentration was determined and the specific activity was also performed by casein hydrolysis assay. The Plackett-Burman method shows fructose, peptone pH are significant factors for optimized protease production. Immobilized cell shows reduction in protease production. In optimum conditions the protease produced was 4758.4U/mg. Protease was partially purified at 60% ammonium sulfate saturation.
Conclusion: Trichosporon japonicum VITVK1 estimated as a strong candidate for the production of Protease.
2. Liu Fang. Inhibition of extracellular protease secretion by aspergillus niger using cell immobilization. Biotechnol lett 1998;20(6):539-42.
3. Choudhary, Vaishali, PC Jain. Screening of alkaline protease production by fungal isolates from different habitats of Sagar and Jabalpur district (MP). J Acad Indus Res 2012;1(4):215-20.
4. Rainey FA. On The genus Norcardiopsis represents a phylogenetically coherent taxon and a distinct actinomycete lineage: proposal of Nocaridiopsaceae fam nov. Int J Syst Bacteriol 1996;46(4):1088-92.
5. Zhang, Huangkai. Evol View, an online tool for visualizing, annotating and managing phylogenetic trees. Nucleic Acids Res 2012;40(W1):W569-W72.
6. Sharmila S, L Jeyanthi Rebecca, MD Saduzzaman. Immobilization of plant protease using calcium alginate beads. J Chem Pharm Res 2012;4(10):4484.
7. Chi Z. Optimization of medium and cultivation conditions for alkaline protease production by the marine yeast aureobasidium pullulans. Bioresour Technol 2007;98(3):534-8.
8. Abdullah M. Al-Falih, Proteolytic activity of some local isolates of yeasts as affected by cultural conditions. Pakistan J Biol Sci 2001;4:718-21.