ANALYTICAL APPLICATION OF E.B.T IN SPECTRPHOTOMETRIC DETERMINATION OF ELETRIPTAN HYDROBROMIDE
A simple and sensitive spectrophotometric method has been developed for the estimation of Eletriptan Hydrobomide (EHB).The method is based on the formation ofÂ ion-associationÂ complex with EHB withÂ acid dye, E.B.T. The cationic form of the dye E.B.T involves in the formation of neutral colouredÂ ion-associationÂ complex Â with negative charge (acid groups in the drug) which is extractable into chloroform and behaves as a single unit being held together by electrostatic attraction. The absorption maxima were found to be atÂ lMax 510nm.Â The method obeys Beerâ€™s law within the limitsÂ 40-240Âµg/mlÂ and gives reproducible results. Molar absorptivity value is obtained as 1.2116 x 105Â LÂ mol-1 cm-1Â and recovery was found to be 99.806 to 99.742. Interferences of the other ingredients and excipients were not observed. The proposed method can be used for the determination of EHB both in pure and pharmaceutical formulations.
3. John Macor E & Martin Wythes J. Indole Derivates. U.S. Patent no. 5545644,1996.
4. D.Suneetha and A.Lakshmana Rao,RP-HPLC Method for the estimation of eletriptan in Pharmaceutical Dossage forms. Int.J.Chem Envir & Pharm Research,2010,1(2),95-99.
5. Gadi Raju Ramalinga Raju, Raju V.K Vegesna and G S Prasad, Method Development and Estimation of Eletriptan Hydrbromide in tablet dosage form by RP-HPLC,Indo American Journal Pharmaceutical Research,2013 3(9), 7299-7306.
6. Dheeravath Saida Naik, Kasani Ramadevi, Bhagawan.D, Method Development and Validation of Eletriptan Hydrobromide pharmaceutical Dosage form by RP-HPLC, Int.J.Engineer.Res & Applications. 2013,3(6), 1-5.
7. Sirish Chandra S, T. Priyanka, Naga Sowjanya, A.Ajitha, Uma Maheswara Rao, A New Method Development and validation for Estimation of Eletriptan by using RP-HPLC. Int. J of Pharm Res & Anal, 2014, 4(5),344-347.
8. Venugopal.V, Ramu. G, Biksham Babu.A and Rambabu.C,An Isocratic reverse phase HPLC method Development for the Determination of Eletriptan Hydrobromide in pure and pharmaceutical formulations. Int.J.Pharm Tech.Res. 2012, 4(4), 1504-1507.
9. G.Mani Kumar, J.V. L.N. Seshagiri Rao, N. Jyothi, Reversed phase High performance liquid chromatographic method for the the estimation of Eletriptan in Bulk drug and in Pharmaceutical Formulations. Int.J.Inv.Pharm.Sci. 2013,1(4), 397-403.
10. Cooper JD, Muirhead DC, Taylor JE, Determination of Eletriptan in plasma and saliva using automated sequential trace enrichment of dialtsate and high performance liquid chromatography. J. Pharm.Biomed.Anal,1999, 21(4), 787-96.
11. Ramzia I. El-Bagary, Nashwah G. Mohammed and Heba A. Nasr, Two Chromatographic methods for the determination of some Anti-migraine Drugs. Analytical Chemistry Insights,2012,7; 13-21.
12. N. Usha Rani, R. Sreenivasa Rao, K. Saraswathi, T.E.G.K.Murthy, RP-HPLC method for Simultaneous estimation of Avitriptan and Eletriptan in Pharmaceutical dosage forms. Novus International Journal of Analytical Innovatons,2012,1(3), 19-29.
13. Miraz Zrcevic, Biljana Jocic, Snezana Agatonovic-kustrin and Ljiljana Zvanoic, Validation of an HPLC method for the simultaneous determination of Eletriptan and UK 120.413. J. Serb. Chem. Soc, 2006,71(11), 1195-1205.
14. Ponnuru VS, Challa BR, Nadendla R, Quantitative analysis of Eletriptan in human plasma by HPLC-MS/MS and its application to pharmacokinetic study. Anal.Bioanal.Chem. 2011,401(8), 2539-48.
15. Jocia B, Zecevia M, Zivanovia L, Protia A, Jadranin M, Study of Forced degradation behavior of Eletriptan hydrobromide by LC and LC-MS and development of stability-indicating method,J.Pharm.Biomed Anal. 2009,50, 622-629.
16. P. Sunitha, CH. Jhansirani, B. Kavitha, N. Sirisha and A. Pavan (2012). Method Development and validaton of Eletriptan hydrobromide tablets by UV-Visible Spectrophotometric method. Int.J.Pharm.Chem & Bio.Sci. 2(4), 427-430.
17. Kumara Swamy G, JMR Kumar, JVLN Sheshagiri Rao, U.Ashok Kumar, E.Vinaya Snehalatha,Spectrophotometric Method for the Estimation of Eletriptan Hydrobromide in pure and tablet dosage forms. Int.J.Chem & Anal. Sci. 2011,2(8), 123-125
18. N. Balaji, V.R. Sivaraman, Dr.P. Neeraja, A Validated UPLC method for the determination of process related impurities in Anti-migraine bulk drug. J. Appl. Chem,2013,3(4),20-28.
19. A.Suneetha, R. Naga Pradeep and A. Pratyusha, TLC-Densitometric method for Estimation of Eletriptan Hydrobromide in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage forms. Int J of Pharm & Chem science,2014 3(1), 66-70.
20. Ramzia I. El-Bagary, Nashwah G. Mohammed and Heba A. Nasr, Fluorimetric and colorimetric methods for the determination of some anti-migraine drugs. J.Chem.Pharm.Res,2011, 3(4), 340-314.
21. Weiss, David J, Saunders, Kenneth, Lunte, Craig E, PH-Mediated field-amplified sample stacking of pharmaceutical cations in high-ionic strength samples. Inter.J of Res. Pharmaceu. & Biomed. Sciences. Electrophoresis. 2001,22(1), 59-65.
22. Pavan Kommavarapu, Arthanareeswari Maruthapillai, Kamarai Palanisamy, Identification and quantitative determination of Eletriptan hydrobromide polymorphs: Thermal, diffractometric and spectrometric studies. J of Taibah University for Science,2015, 9(4), 586-593.
23. International Conference on Harmonization, "Q2B: Validation of Analytical Procedures: Methodology; Availability," Federal Register,1997, 62(96), 27463â€“27467.
24. Shabir GA,Lough WJ,Shafique AA,Bradshaw TK,Evaluation and application of best practice in analytical method validation,J Liq Chromatogr Relat Technol,2007,30,311-33.
25. Shabir GA. Validation of HPLC methods for Pharmaceutical Analysis: Understanding the differences and similarities betweenValidation reqirements of the U.S Food and Drug administraton, The U.S Pharmacopoiea and International Conference on Hanmonization. J Cromatogr. A, 2003, 987, 57-66.
26. K. Harinadha Baba, C.Rambabu,Riyaz Ahmed Khan,and K. Anil Kumar, Assay of Epinastine in bulk and itsPharmaceutical Formulations by Extractive Spectrophotometry, Rasayan J.Chem, 2014; 7(4),359 â€“ 364
27.Akram.M.El-Didamony,MoftahA.Moustafa,Spectrophotometricdeterminationof diphenhydramine hydrochloride in pharmaceutical preparations and biological fluids via ion-pair formation, Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 2010;3(4) , 265â€“270
28. Akram M. El-Didamony1, Sameh M. Hafeez2,, Ismail I. Ali2, Extractive Spectrophotometric Method for the Determination of Some Antipsychotic Drugs Using Eriochrome Black T,Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, 2015;5 (06), 026-033,