ANALYTICAL APPLICATIONS OF SAFRANIN O
A simple and sensitive spectrophotometric method has been developed for the estimation of Mycophenolic acid. The method is based on the formation ofÂ Â Ion-Association complex with MYCO formed an ion -association complex with basic dye, SafraninO. The cationic form of the dye SAFO involves in the formation of neutral coloured ion-association complexe with negative charge (acid groups in the drug) which is extractable into chloroform and behaves as a single unit being held together by electrostatic attraction. The absorption maxima were found to be at lMax 520 nm. The method obeys Beerâ€™s law within the limits 10-40Âµg/ml and gives reproducible results. Molar absorptivity value is obtained as8.424x104 L mol-1 cm-1 and recovery was found to be 99.17 Â± 0.92 to 99.62 Â± 0.27. Interferences of the other ingredients and excipients were not observed. The proposed method can be used for the determination of MYCO both in pure and pharmaceutical formulations. KeyWords: Mycophenolicacid (MYCO), SafraninO (SAFO), Ion- association Complex
2. The Merck Index, 13th Edn. Merck & Co Inc, New York,1996.
4. .S.rensen, Louise Marie; Mogensen, Jesper; Nielsen, and Kristian Fog.Simultaneous determination of ochratoxin A, mycophenolic acid and fumonisin B in meat products, Analytical & Bio analytical Chemistry.2010;398(3),1535.
5. Frank E. Gainer, Harold and J.Wesselman.GLC of mycophenolic acid and related compounds, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 1970;59(8):1157â€“1159.
6. Mehdi Ahadi Barzoki, Mohammadreza Rouini, Kheirollagholami,Mahboob and Lessan-Pezeshki,Saeedzaee,Determination of Mycophenolic Acid in human plasma by HPLC, DARU, 2005;13,3.
7. Kuhn.J, Gotting,C and Kleesiek.K.Sample cleanup-free determination of Mycophenolic Acid and its glucuronide in serum and plasma using the novel technology of ultra-performance liquid chromatography electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry.Talanta.2010;80(5):1894-1898.
8. Vasantha Kumar.K, Kirankumar.Ch, Sateesh Kumar.V, Prasad.G and VijayaKumar,B.A New Rapid and Simple Analytical method Development and validation of stimation of the Mycophenolate in Dosage form By UPLC Technique ,Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and clinical Research.2012;5:3.
9. Louise Marie SÃ¸rensen, Jesper Mogensen and Kristian Fog Nielsen, Simultaneous determination of ochratoxin A, mycophenolic acid and fumonisin B2 in meat products, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry.2010;398(3):1535-1542.
10. K.B.Vinay,H.D.Revanasiddappa, M. S. Raghu, Sameer. A. M. Abdulrahman, and N. Rajendraprasad, Spectrophotometric Determination of Mycophenolate Mofetil as Its Charge-Transfer Complexes with Two ðœ‹ â€“Acceptors,Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry. 2012; Article ID 875942, 8 pages
11. A. Narendra, D. Deepika and M.Mathrusri Annapurna, Validated Spectrophotometric Methods for the Determination of Mycophenolate: An Anti-Neoplastic Agent in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms, Journal of Chemistry,Volume 2013, Article ID 523193, 4
12. Sastry, C.S.P., Lingeswara Rao and J.S.V.M. Ind. J. Pharm. Sci. 1995;3:57
13. Pellerin,F,Gautier,J.A and Barrat,O. Bull.Soc.Chem.Fr.1960;1027.
15. Bhongade, S.L and Kastura,A.V. Talanta,1993;40:1525
16. Pinzauti, S, Laportd, E, Casini.M and Betty,C, Pharm. Acta Helv,1982;57:334.
17. L.Madhavi,M.Shireesha and G.Tuljarani,Spectrophotometric estimation of Valsartanand Benazepril hydrochloride in Pure andPharmaceutical Formulations,International Journal of ChemTech Research, 2011;3(4):1830-1834
18. Filik.H, Giray D, Ceylan B, Apak RTalanta. A novel fiber optic spectrophotometric determination of nitrite using Safranin O and cloud point extraction,2011;85(4):1818-24.
19. Amirah.S,Al-Attas, Charge transfer complex formation in spectrophotometric and conductometric determination of some Sulfonamides, Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal, 2003;11:3.
20. S.Sharma,M.C.Sharma,Extractive Spectrophotometric Methods for the determination of Emtricitabinem in Dosage Form Using Safranin O,American Journal of Toxicological Sceinces3(3):138-142,201.
21. .MedikonduKishore,K.Surendrababu,Ch.S.R.G.Kalyani,M.Janardhan,spectrophotometric determination of Ceftiofur in pharmaceuticalformulations by FGFCF, SFNO and MB,J.Pharm. Sci. & Res, 2010;2(9):534-538.
22. Medikondu Kishore, A.Koteswarao, M.Janardhan,New Spectrophotometric Methods for Quantitative Determination of 7-ADCA inPharmaceutical Formulations. International Journal of Pharma Sciences and Research (IJPSR), 2010;l.1(8):312-319.
23. Marothu Vamsikrishna, D.Aannana Gowri Sankar, Extractive Spectrophotometric Methods for theDetermination of Rosuvastatin Calcium in Pure Formand in Pharmaceutical Formulations by UsingSafranin O and Methylene blue, E-Journal of Chemistry. 2007; 4(1):46-49.