SYNTHESIS AND X-RAY CRYSTALLOGRAPHY OF 2,4,6-TRIMETHYL-1,4-DIHYDRO-PYRIDINE-3,5-DICARBOXYLIC ACID DIETHYL ESTER
The biologically active 2,4,6-trimethyl-1,4-dihydro-pyridine-3,5-dicarboxylic acid diethyl ester has been prepared and characterized by X-ray crystallography. The 1,4-dihydro-pyridine ring is in a flattened boat form, with atoms C3, and N1 being the bow and stern of the boat. Atoms C3 and N1 being 0.1346(12)A and 0.0970(12)A above the mean plane of the 1,4-dihydro-pyridine ring. One of the ethyl ester groups were found to be disordered in two positions at occupancies of 0.517 (19) and 0.483 (19) respectively. There are four molecules of 2,4,6-trimethyl-1,4-dihydro-pyridine-3,5-dicarboxylic acid diethyl ester, in the unit cell. InterÂmolecular Nâ€”HÂ·Â·Â·O hydrogen bonding interÂactions were observed in the crystal lattice which connected the molecules into chain running along b-axis.
2. Bou J, Llenas J, and Massingham, R. J. Auton. Pharmacol. 1993; 3; 219 - 232.
3. Godfraind T, Miller R, and Wibo M. Pharmacol. Rev. 1996; 38; 321- 416.
4. Buhler FR, and Kiowski W. J. Hypertens. 1987; 5; S3 - S10.
5. Wagner JA, Guggino SE, Reynolds IJ, Snowman AM, Biswas A, Olivera BM and Snyder S H. Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 1988; 522; 116 - 133.
6. Janis RA, and Triggle DJ. J. Med. Chem. 1993; 26; 775 - 785.
7. Boecker RH, and Guengerich FP. J. Med. Chem. 1986; 29; 1596 - 1603.
8. Gordeev MF, Patel DV and Gordon EM. J. Org. Chem. 1996; 61; 924 - 928.
9. Mohamed SK, Akkurt M, Albayati MR, Singh K, and Potgieter H. Acta Cryst. 2012; E68; o1222 - o1223.
10. Mohamed SK, Horton PN, Akkurt M, Albayati MR, and Potgieter H. Acta Cryst. 2012; E68; o1251 - o1252.
11. Oxford Diffraction, CrysAlis PRO and CrysAlis RED. Oxford Diffraction Ltd, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, England (2010).
12. Sheldrick GM. Acta Cryst., 2008; A64; 112-122.