FT-IR PROFILE SCREENING OF BIOACTIVE CHEMICAL COMPONENTS IN AQUEOUS EXTRACT OF ABRUS PRECATORIUS LINN PLANT LEAF
Objective: The FT-IR profile screening is aimed to focus on the bioactive chemical components analysis of aqueous extract of Abrus precatorius Linn plant leafs.
Methods: The profile screening for the bioactive chemical components analysis was performed with standard methods by using FT-IR spectral technique.
Results: The aqueous extract of the leaf were screened for the various bioactive functional chemical components. The spectrum of FT-IR showed the presence different functional groups of chemical constituents such as alcohols, phenols, carboxylic acids, amide, aldehydes, ketones, alkanes, alkenes, aromatics, esters, ethers, aliphatic amines, aromatic amines, peptides, nitro compounds, sulphone, phosphonate, phosphoramide, phosphonic acid, phosphine, silane, amine oxides, aromatic substituted compounds, nitroso, sulphate ester and alkyl halides compounds, which showed 27 major characteristic bands of bioactive chemical components.
Conclusion: The results confirm the fact that leaf of Abrus precatorius Linn plant possesses different bioactive functional chemical components and generated the FT-IR spectrum profile for the medicinally important plant.
2. Savithramma N, Venkateswarlu P, Suhrulatha D, Basha SKM, Vekatramanadevi CH. Studies of Boswellia ovalifoliolata Bal. and Herny-An endemic and endangered medicinal plant. The Bioccan 2010; 5(3): 359-62.
3. Gaurav K, Karthik L, Bhaskara Rao KV. Phytochemical composition and in vitro antimicrobial activity of Bauhinia racemosa Lamk (Caesalpiniaceae). Int J Pharm Sci Res 2010; 1(11): 51-8.
4. Larbie C, Nyarkoh CO, Adjei CO. Phytochemical and Safety Evaluation of Hydroethanolic Leaf Extract of Tecoma stans (L.) Juss. ex Kunth. Evidence-Based Com Alt Med 2019; 1-12.
5. Rajiv P, Deepa A, Vanathi P, Vidhya D. Screening for Phytochemicals and FTIR Analysis of Myristica Dactyloids Fruit Extracts. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2017; 9(1): 315-18.
6. Marandi RR, Britto SJ, Soreng PK. FT-IR, HPLC, GC-MS and wis of Peucedanum dhana buch.-Ham. Ex CB Clarke (Bhojraj): A rare and endangered medicinal plant of Chotanagpur, Jharkhand. Int J Res Pharm Pharm Sci 2018; 3(1): 119-26.
7. Kumari A, Kumar J. Phyto-chemical screening of Root Extracts of Glycyrrhiza glabra by Spectroscopic Methods (UV-VIS Spectrophotometer, FTIR & HPLC). Int J Pharm Sci Drug Res 2019; 11(6): 376-81.
8. Muruganantham S, Anbalagan G, Ramamurthy N. FT-IR and SEM-EDS comparative analysis of medicinal plants, Eclipta alba Hassk and Eclipta prostrata Linn. Romanian J Biophysics 2009; 19(4): 285-94.
9. Ragavendran P, Sophia D, Arul Raj C, Gopalakrishnan VK. Functional group analysis of various extracts of Aerva lanata (L.,) by FT-IR spectrum. Pharmacologyonline 2011; 1: 358-64.
10. Pednekar PA, Raman B. Antimicrobial and antioxidant potential with FT-IR analysis of Ampelocissus latifolia (roxb.) planch leaves. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2013; 6(1): 157-62.
11. Ashokkumar R, Ramaswamy M. Phytochemical screening by FTIR spectroscopic analysis of leaf extracts of selected Indian Medicinal plants. Int J Curr Microbiol App Sci 2014; 3(1): 395-06.
12. Sangeetha R, Pratheeba T, Ragavendran C, Natarajan D. Pouteria campechiana leaf extract and its bioactive compound myricitrin are mosquitocidal against Aedes aegypti and Culex quinquefasciatus. Asian Pac J Trop Med 2019; 12(7): 321-28.
13. Visveshwari M, Subbaiyan B, Thangapandian V. Phytochemical Analysis, Antibacterial Activity, FTIR and GCMS Analysis of Ceropegia juncea Roxb. Int J Pharmacog Phytochem Res 2017; 9(7): 914-20.
14. Gawade B, Farooqui M. Screening of FT-IR Profile for Phytoconstituents in Hydroalcoholic Extract of Abrus precatorius Linn. Plant Leaf. Ecology and Fisheries 2020; 13(1): 109-12.
15. Gawade B, Farooqui M. ?-Amylase Inhibitory Activity of Abrus precatorius Linn. Leaves Ethanol Extract. Int J ChemTech Res 2018; 11(5): 488-94.
16. Lu H, Cheng C, Tang X, Hu Z. Spectrum of Hypericum and Triadenum with reference to their identification. Acta Botanica Sinica 2004; 46(4): 401-6.
17. Vanitha A, Kalimuthu K, Chinnadurai V, Jerun Nisha KM. Phytochemical screening, FTIR and GCMS analysis of aqueous extract of Caralluma bicolor - An endangered plant. Asian J Pharm Pharmacol 2019; 5(6): 1122-30.
18. Alara OR, Abdurahman NH, Ukaegbu CI, Kabbashi NA. Extraction and characterization of bioactive compounds in Vernonia amygdalina leaf ethanolic extract comparing Soxhlet and microwave-assisted extraction techniques. J Taibah Uni Sci 2019; 13(1): 414-22.
19. Ellis DI, Broadhurst D, Kell DB, Rowland JJ, Goodacre R. Rapid and quantitative detection of the microbial spoilage of meat by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and machine learning. App Env Micro 2002; 68(6): 2822-28.
20. Kim SW, Ban SH, Chung H, Cho S, Chung HJ, Choi PS, Yoo OJ, Liu JR. Taxonomic discrimination of flowering plants by multivariate analysis of Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy data. Plant Cell Reports 2004; 23(4): 246-50.
21. Lamprell H, Mazerolles G, Kodjo A, Chamba JF, Noel Y, Beuvier E. Discrimination of Staphylococcus aureus strains from different species of Staphylococcus using Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy. Int J Food Micro 2006; 108(1): 125-29.
22. Rebuffo CA, Schmitt J, Wenning M, Von Stetten F, Scherer S. Reliable and rapid identification of Listeria monocytogenes and Listeria species by artificial neural network-based Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. Appl Env Micro 2006; 72(2): 994-1000.
23. Sahoo S, Chakraborti CK, Mishra SC, Nanda UN, Naik S. FT-IR and XRD Investigations of some Fluoroquinolones. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2011; 3(3): 165-70.
24. Arockia sahayaraj P, Gowri J, Dharmalingam V, Shobana R, Angelin Prema A. Phytochemical screening by FT-IR spectroscopic analysis of leaf and stem Extracts of Wedelia biflora. Int J Nano Corr Sci Engg 2015; 2(5): 322-34.
25. Gawade B, Jirekar DB, Ghumare PP, Farooqui M. FT-IR Screening of Phytochemicals in Leaf Aqueous Extract of Abrus precatorius Linn. Plant. Res Journey 2019; 168(A): 108-10.
26. Kalaichelvi K, Dhivya SM. Screening of phytoconstituents, UV-VIS Spectrum and FT-IR analysis of Micrococca mercurialis (L.) Benth. Int J Herb Med 2017; 5(6):40-4.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.