PHYSICAL APPEARANCE OF Cd-SUBSTITUTED COBALT FERRITE NANOPARTICLES
Objective: Ferrites are an important class of magnetic materials and the most important property of ferrite is its high electrical resistivity, low eddy current, and dielectric losses. The nanostructured ultrafine samples of the ferrite series are prepared by using the Sol-Gel auto combustion method. The prepared samples were characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD) and Scanning Electron Micrograph (SEM) techniques. X-ray analysis confirms the formation of a single-phase cubic spinel structure.
Materials and Methods: A series of polycrystalline nano ferrite having the chemical formula Co1-xCdxFe2O4 (where, x= 0.0, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5) were prepared by using Sol-Gel auto combustion method. The starting materials cobalt nitrate (Co(NO3)2·6H2O), ferric nitrate (Fe(NO3)2·9H2O), Cadmium nitrate (Cd(NO3)2·9H2O), citric acid (C6H8O7·H2O) and ammonia (NH3) solution were taken in 99.9% AR grade.
Results: In the Co1-xCdxFe2O4 ferrite system, the lattice constant, hopping length (LA and LB) and A-site (A-O) and B-site (B-O) bond length of the samples has been increased due to the increase in cadmium content. The crystalline size of the samples lies in the range between 18nm to 33nm calculated by using Sherrer’s formula
Conclusion: Nanaosized Co1-xCdxFe2O4 system was synthesized by using the sol-gel technique.
2. V. B. Kawade, G. K. Bichile, K. M. Jadhav, Mate. Lett. 42(2000)33.
3. A.K.M. Akther Hossaina, S.T. Mahmuda, M. Sekib, T. Kawaib, H. Tabatab. J. Magn. and Magn. Mate, 312 (2007) 210.
4. Vinod N. Dhage, M. L. Mane, M. K. Babrekar, C. M. Kale, K. M. Jadhav. J. Alloys Compd. 509 (2011) 4394-4398
5. K. Kamala Bharathi, G. Markandeyulu, and C. V. Ramana. J. Phys. Chem, C 115 (2011) 554.
6. Muthafar F. Al-Hilli, Sean Li, Kassim S. Kassim. J. Magn. Magn. Mate, 324 (2012) 873.
7. Misbah-ul. Islam, K. A. Hushmi, M. U. Rana, Tabbas. Solid State Com., 121 (2002) 51.
8. M. Siva Ram Prasad, B. B. V. S. V. Prasad, B. Rajesh, K. H. Rao, K. V. Ramesh, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 323 (2011) 2115–2121
9. M. Raghasudha, D. Ravinder, P. Veerasomaiah, Adv.in Mate.Phy. and Chem. 3, (2013) 89-96
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.