STUDY OF GAMMA ABSORPTION PROPERTIES OF WATER SOLUBLE SULPHATE COMPOUNDS AT DIFFERENT ENERGY LEVELS
Keywords:Linear and mass attenuation coefficients, Gamma-rays, NaI (Tl) detector, sulphates
Objective: Linear and Mass attenuation coefficients are two quantities used, their strategies of measurement had been evolved by many peoples for stable and aqueous solutions. we have tried to broaden an equation for direct dimension of linear attenuation coefficient of water soluble sulphates at one of a kind energys. This approach is useful in measuring the absorption coefficient of sulphate without obtaining them in pallet form.
Materials and Methods: Water soluble sulphates were collected from study sites. Here we have given Ammonium sulphate((NH₄)₂SO₄), Sodium sulphate (Na₂SO₄), Copper (II) sulphate( CuSO₄ₓ), Zinc sulphate( ZnSo4) and water.
Results: linear and mass attenuation coefficient of water soluble Sulphate for distinct concentrations and anticipated from them the attenuation coefficient for compound through the use of the aggregate rule developed via Teli (1998) hooked up the validity and utility of the solution technique. This approach is simple and avoids the need of training of pure crystalline compound for experiment there via saving time and expenditure. The version of awareness of answer is made easy by using adding water to solution without changing the compound quantity in it.
Conclusion: This saves the compound amount and thus in addition economizes the experiment.
2. Teli M. T., Chaudhari L. M. and Malode S. S. (1994 b) : Study of absorption of 123 KeV gamma radiation by dilute solution of Zinc Sulfate. Ind. J. of Pure and Appli. Phys. 32, 410.
3. Teli M. T., Chaudhari L. M. and Malode S. S. (1994 c) : Study of absorption of 123 KeV gamma radiation by dilute solution of Magnesium Chloride. Nucl. Instrum. Meths. A346, 220-224.
4. Teli M. T. , Chauehari L. M. (1996 ): Attenuation coefficient of Ammonium Chloride for 662 KeV gamma radiation measured for dilute solutions . Radiat. Phys. Chem. 47,53
5. Teli M. T. , Chauehari L. M. (1996 ): Attenuation coefficient of Ammonium Chloride for 662 KeV gamma radiation measured for dilute solutions . Radiat. Phys. Chem. 47,531.
6. Gerward L. (1996) : On the attenuation coefficient of X-rays and gamma rays in dilute solutions. Radiation Phys. And Chemistry 48,679
7. Hubbell J. H. (1982) : Photon mass and energy attenuation coefficient from 1 KeV to 20 MeV. Int. J. Appl. Radiat. Isot. 33, 1269.
8. Pravina P. Pawar and Govind K. Bichile Gamma ray photon interaction studies of Cr in the energy range 10keV to 1500keV J. Chem. Pharm. Res., 2011,3(6):693-706
9. Bradley D.A. ,Chong C.S. , Shukri A. , Tajuddin A.A. and Ghose A.M. (1989) : A new method for the direct measurement of the energy absorption coefficient of gamma rays. Nucl. Instrum. Meth. Phys. Res. A 280,392-394.
10. Sing K. , Bal H. K. , Shal I. K. and Sub S. P. (1991) : Measurement of energy absorption coefficients at 662 KeV in soil samples. Appli. Radiat. Isoto. 42,12,1239-40.
11. Jahagirdar H.A., Hanumiah B. and Thontadarya S.R. (1992) : Determination of narrow beam attenuation coefficients from a broad beam geometrical configuration for 320 KeV photons. Int. J. Appl. Radiation Isot. 43, 12, 1511-14.
12. 12. S. R. Mitkar and S. M. Dongarge (2012) -Measurement of linear and mass attenuation coefficient of alcohol soluble compound for gamma rays at energy 0.511 MeV. Archives of Applied Science Research, 2012, 4 (4):1748-1752
13. 13. S. R. Mitkar andS. M. Dongarge (2012)-To study the linear and mass attenuation coefficient of alcohol soluble compound for gamma rays at energy 662 KeV Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2012, 4(8):3944-3949
14. Google Wikipedia