SYNTHESIS AND BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITIES OF COBALT COMPLEX WITH SCHIFF’SBASE LIGAND DERIVED FROM 4-CHLORO-N-[(E)-PYRIDIN-2-YLMETHYLIDENE] ANILINE
4-chloro-N-(E)-pyridin-2-ylmethylidene aniline isprepared by condensing 2-pyridine carboxaldehyde and 4-chloroanilinein ethanol. The Schiff base was reacted with cobalt chloride in acetonitrile and solution of two equivalent of triphenylphospine to obtain the corresponding Cobalt4-chloro-N- [(E)-pyridin-2-ylmethylidene]aniline complex. The synthesised Schiff base and complex were characterized on the basis of their chemical properties and spectroscopic data. These compounds were tested for anticancer,anti-inflammatory activity and antimicrobial activity against a variety of test organisms: Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and Candida albicans. The compounds containing chlorogroup as substituents on the phenyl ring have been found to be very effective antimicrobial agents.
2. Nimitsirwat, N.; Vernon, C. J Am ChemSoc 2004, 32,126.
3. Mirkin, M.V. and Bard, A.J. J. Anal. Chem. 1991, 63, 532.
4. Kratz, F.; Beyer, U.; Schutte, M. T. Crit. Rev. Ther. Drug 1999, 16, 245.
5. Saito, H.; Hoffman, A. S.; Ogawa, H. I. J. Bioact. Compat. Polym. 2007, 22, 589
6. Dhar D.N., Taploo C.L., Schiff bases and their applications. Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research. 1982; 41: 501– 506.
7. Przybylski P., Huczynski A., Pyta K., Brzezinski B., Bartl F., Biological properties of Schiff bases and azo derivatives of phenols. Current Organic Chemistry. 2009; 13: 124–148.
8. Wang P.H., Keck J.G., Lien E.J., Lai M.M.C., Design, synthesis, testing, and quantitative structure-activity relationship analysis of substituted salicylaldehyde Schiff bases of 1- amino- 3-hydroxyguanidine tosylate as new antiviral agents against coronavirus. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 1990; 33: 608– 614.
9. Jarrahpour A., Motamedifar M., Pakshir K., Hadi N., Zarei M., Synthesis of novel azo Schiff bases and their antibacterial and antifungal activities. Molecules. 2004; 9: 815–824.
10. Ceyhana G., Urus S., Demirtas I., Elmastas M., Tumera M., Antioxidant, electrochemical, thermal, antimicrobial and alkane oxidation properties of tridentate Schiff base ligands and their metal complexes. SpectrochimicaActa Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. 2011; 81:184–198.
11. Xiong Y.Z., Chen F.E., Balzarini J., Clercq E.D., Pannecouque C., Non-nucleoside HIV-1 reverse transcriptase inhibitors. Part 11: Structural modulations of diaryltriazines with potent anti-HIV activity. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2008; 43: 1230–1236.
12. Sriram D., Yogeeswari P., Sirisha N., Saraswat V., Abacavirprodrugs: Microwave-assisted synthesis and their evaluation of anti-HIV activities. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2006; 16: 2127–2129.
13. Bhandari S.V., Bothara K.G., Raut M.K., Patil A.A., Sarkate A.P., Mokale V.J., Design, synthesis and evaluation of antiinflammatory, analgesic and ulcerogenicity studies of novel s-substituted phenacyl-1,3,4-oxadiazole-2-thiol and Schiff bases of diclofenac acid as nonulcerogenic derivatives. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry. 2008; 16: 1822– 1831.
14. Sridhar K., Pandeya N., Stables P., Ramesh A., Anticonvulsant activity of hydrazones, Schiff and Mannich bases of isatin derivatives. European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2002; 16:129–132.
15. Kaplan J.P., Raizon B.M., Desarmenien M., Feltz P., Headley P.M., Worms P., Lloyd K.G., Bartholini G., New anticonvulsants: Schiff bases of.gamma.-aminobutyric acid and. gamma.- aminobutyramide. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 1980; 23: 702–704.
16. Das A., Trousdale M.D., Ren S., Lien E.J., Inhibition of herpes simplex virus type 1 and adenovirus type 5 by heterocyclic Schiff bases of aminohydroxyguanidinetosylate. Antiviral Research. 1999; 44: 201–208.
17. Dhar DN, Taploo CL. J SciInd Res. 1982, 41, 501.
18. Przybylski P, Huczynski A, Pyta K, Bartl, B. Curr. Org. Chem. 2009, 13,124.
19. Mladenova R., Ignatova M., Manolova N., Petrova T., Rashkov I., Preparation, characterization and biological activity of Schiff base compounds derived from 8-hydroxyquinoline-2- carboxaldehyde and Jeffamines ED. European Polymer Journal. 2002; 38: 989–1000.
20. Liu Y., Yang Z., Synthesis, crystal structure, antioxidation and DNA binding properties of binuclear Ho(III) complexes of Schiff-base ligands derived from 8-hydroxyquinoline-2 carboxy-aldehyde and four aroyl-hydrazines. Journal of Organometallic Chemistry. 2009; 694: 3091–3101.
21. S.S Hegade ; G.A Gaikwad and G.N MullikN.-Arylation of Heterocycles by mixed Ligand Transition metal Complexes under mild conditions .Indian Journal of chemistry Vol 57B ; Oct,2018 PP1304-1309
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.