INFLUENCE OF METAL NITRATE TO FUEL RATIO ON THE MAGNETIC PROPERTIES OF NIFE2O4
Objective: Nickel ferrite nanoparticles with dimensions below 30 nm have been synthesized by sol-gel auto-combustion process. The nitrate-citrate gels were prepared from metal nitrates and citric acid solutions under various molar ratios of the metal nitrate to citric acid of 1, 2, 3 4 and 5 by sol-gel process. The results showed that nitrate citrate gels exhibit a self propagating behaviour after ignition in air at room temperature. The ratio of nitrates to citric acid also affects the combustion process. The as-prepared powder was annealed at 5000C for 6 hrs. The phase composition and structural properties of the obtained samples are investigated by X-ray diffraction (XRD) and Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM). Analysis of the XRD patterns showed the presence of α-Fe2O3 phase and other refractions corresponding to cubic spinel structure. The lattice constant obtained from XRD data increases with metal nitrate to fuel (citric acid) ratio. PACS No: 75.50.Gg, 74.25.Ld, 43.35.Cg
2. Dang - Hwang Chen and Xin-Rong He 2001 Mater Res Bull 36 1369
3. Vivek Verma, Vibhav Pandey, Sukhveer Singh, Aloysius RP, Annapoorni S, Kotanala RK 2009 Physica B: Cond Matt 404 2309
4. Barati M R 2009 J Sol-Gel Sci Technol 52 171
5. Pankhurst QA, Connolly J, Jones S, Dobson J 2003 J Phys D: Appl Phys 361 R167
6. Leisle-Pelecky DL and Rieke RD 1996 Chem Mater 8 1770
7. Kumar Vijaya, Diamant R 2000 Gedanken Y, A Chem Mater 12 2301
8. Lunhong Ai, Jing Jiang. Curr. Appl. Phys.10 (2010) 284.
9. Liu JH, Wahg L and Li FS 2005 J Mater Sci 40 2573
10. G. Alvarez, H. Montiel, J.F. Barron, M.P. Gutierrez, R. Zamorano. J. Magn. Magn.Mater. 322 (2010) 348.
11. Makovec D, Kodre A, Arc?on I, Drofenik M, J Nanopart Res 11(2009) 1145
12. Sivakumar N, Narayanasamy A, Shinoda K, Chinnasamy CN, Jeyadevan B, Greneche M,J Appl Phys 102 (2007) 013916 1-8.
13. A. T. Raghvender, K. M. Jadhav, Bull. Mater. Sci. 32 (2009) 575
14. S. M. Patange, Sagar E. Shirsath, B. G. Toksha, S. S. Jadhav and K. M. Jadhav,J. Appl. Phys. 106 (2009) 023914.
15. Xiang Shen, Yanxin Wang Xiang Yang, Liqiang Lu and Liang Huang, 21 (2010), 630.
16. Gagan Kumar1, Jagdish Chand, Satish Verma and M Singh, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 42 (2009) 155001.
17. M. Jalaly, M.H. Enayati, P. Kameli, F. Karimzadeh Physica B: Condensed Matter, 405 (2010) 507.
18. Azadmanjiri, Sayyed Ebrahimi SA and Salehani HK 2007 Ceram Intern 33 1623
19. Chen DH and He XR 2001 Mater Res Bull 36 1369
20. Cullity BD, Elements of X-ray Diffraction, Addison-Wisely, Reading, MA, 1978.
21. M. George, S. S. Nair, A. M. John, P.A. Roy, M. R. Ananthraman, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 39, 900 (2006).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.