RENEWABLE SOURCES OF ENERGY: MERITS AND DEMERITS
Keywords:Natural energy resources, Renewable, Non-renewable, Meritsand Demerits Comparative study
Energy demand is continuously increasing. Energy is one of the importantneeds of society. Natural energy resources are materials or things that people use from the earth. Theseenergy sources are divided in renewableand nonrenewableenergy sources. Renewable sources are free and abundant in nature on the other hand nonrenewable sources are limited and also to sustain life on earth. Nonrenewable sources causes pollution and hence degrade the environment.As the nonrenewable sources are limited on the earth the utilization of renewable energy sources has become inevitable. Renewable energy is derived from natural process that can be replenished. Depending on the sources of energy renewable energy sources are derived in various types. This paper deals with the Merits and Demeritsof renewable and nonrenewable energy sources.
2. Planning Commission, Govt. of India—September 1995 & September 1996 Projections to 2020– 2021.
3. HinaFathima.A, Priya. K, SudakarBabu.T, Devabalaji.K.R, Rekha.M, Rajalakshmi.K and Shilaja.C. , Problems in Conventional Energy Sources and Subsequent shift to Green Energy, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Volume 3, Special Issue 1, February 2014.
4. Nordhaus, W. Resources as a constraint on growth. American Economic Review, 64(2):22–26. (1974).
5. N.L. Panwara, S.C. Kaushikb, SurendraKotharia, Role of renewable energy sources in environmental protection: A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 15 (2011) 1513–1524.
6. MahendraLalwani, Mool Singh, Conventional and Renewable Energy Scenario of India: Present and Future, Canadian Journal on Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 6, October 2010.
7. DuvvuriVenkataLalitha, PennetiUjwala&AdariBhuvaneswari, A Comparative Study Paper: Power Generation -Conventional And Renewable Energy Sources. International Journal & Magazine Of Engineering, Technology, Management And Research, January 25, 2014.
8. Biswajit Biswas, Sujoy Mukherjee, Aritra Ghosh, Conservation of Energy: a Case Study on Energy Conservation in Campus Lighting in an Institution, International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER) Vol.3, Issue.4, Jul - Aug. 2013 pp-1939-1941.
9. Wellmer, Friedrich-W., Reserves and resources of the geosphere, terms so often misunderstood. Is the life index of reserves of natural resources a guide to the future?,German Journal of Geology, p. 575 – 590, Dec 8, 2008.
10. EwaKlugmann-Radziemska, Environmental Impacts of Renewable Energy Technologies 5th International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology IPCBEE vol.69 (2014).
11. Turcotte, D. L.; Schubert, G. (2002), Geodynamics (2 ed.), Cambridge, England, UK: Cambridge University Press, pp. 136–137.