HERBAL MONOTHERAPY OF SIDHASARASAMHITA
Sidhasarasamhita is one of the important texts of Indian traditional medical literature. The exact period of the work is unknown, but according to the available evidence the work may be placed in the 8th century AD. Raviguptaâ€™s distinctive contribution to Ayurvedic literature seems to have been the arrangement of the traditional knowledge into 31 chapters, each dealing with a different subject. The author of sidhasarasamhita included many single and simple recipes useful in particular disease conditions. In total 151 single drug recipes are included in Sidhasarasamhita. After a thorough analysis of the Charakasamhita, Susruthasamhita and works of Vaghbata 16 recipes were noted, which may be considered as the contributions of Ravigupta to the Ayurvedic materia medica. It appears that medieval ayurvedic compendia have religiously followed Sidhasarasamhita in formulating various therapeutic recipes.
2. PV Sharma. Ayurved Ka vaijyanik itihas. 8th ed. Choukhambha orientalia Varanasi; 2005. p. 109.
3. PV Sharma. Introduction to dravyagunavijnan. 3rd ed. Choukhambha orientalia Varanasi; 2005. p. 394.
4. Pandit Hariharaprasad Trivedi. Editor. Vangasenasamhita. 1st ed. Chaukhambha Sanskrita Series Office, Varanasi; 2009. p. 188-226.
5. G Prabhakar Rao. Editor. Chakradutta. 1st ed. Chukhambha Sanskrit Bhavan, Varanasi; 2014. p. 151.
6. Premvatitewari. editor. Vrindamadhava Part I. 1st ed. Chaukhambha Visvabharati, Varanasi; 2007. p. 410.
7. Premvatitewari. editor. Vrindamadhava Part II. 1st ed. Chaukhambha Visvabharati, Varanasi; 2007. p. 862.
8. Shri Gangasahay Pandey. Editor. Gadanigraha Part II. 4th ed. Chaukhambha Sanskrit prakashan, Varanasi; 2003. p. 283.
9. Vaidyalakshmipati Shashtri. editor Yogaratnakara. 1st Reprint, Chaukhambhaprakashan, Varanasi; 2010. p. 407.
10. K Nishteswar, Vidyanath. Editors. Rajamarthanda, Chaukhambha Orientalia Varanasi; 2008. p. 126.
11. Acharyayadavajitrikamji. Editor. Sushruta Samhita, Reprint, Chaukhambha Surbharti Prakashan, Varanasi; 2013. p. 471.
12. Himasagara Chandramurthy. Editor. Sharangdharsamhita; Chaukhamnha Orientalia, Varanasi; 2010. p. 132.
13. Yadavji Trikamji Acharya. Editor. Charakasamhita, Reprint, Chaukhambha Surabharati Prakashan, Varanasi; 2013. p. 600.
14. Shivaprasad Sharma. Editor. Astangasamgraha Chaukhambha Krishnadas Academy, Banaras; 2012. p. 461.