CHROMATOGRAPHIC METHOD FOR IRBESARTAN AND ITS COMBINATION WITH OTHER DRUG
Chromatographic method is most useful analytical method that gives estimation, impurity profiling, assay and compedial method for single and combination of drug. Irbesartan is classified as an angiotensin II receptor type 1 antagonist. Angiotensin II receptor type 1 antagonists are widely used in treatment of diseases like hypertension, heart failure, myocardial infarction and diabetic nephropathy. The clinical and pharmaceutical analysis of this drug requires effective analytical procedures for quality control and pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetic studies as well as stability study. An extensive survey of the literature published in various analytical and pharmaceutical chemistry related journals has been conducted and the instrumental analytical methods which were developed and used for determination as single or combination with other drugs in bulk drugs, formulations and biological fluids have been reviewed. This review covers the most recent many chromatographic methodsincludingResidue by HPLC, HPTLC, RP HPLC and liquid chromatography tendam mass spectroscopy were reported.
Keyword: Irbesartan, Analytical Method, HPLC, Anti hypertensive drug, Angiotensin II receptor antagonist.
2. Christian Daugaard Peters. Cardiovascular effects of irbesartan in haemodialysis patients. dissertation, Health Aarhus University Institute of Clinical Medicine; 2012. p. 1-113.
3. Irbesartan Drug Info in drugbank.(database available on internet). Available from: http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/ DB01029.
4. Irbesartan Drug Info.(database available on internet). Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irbesartan.
5. Irbesartan Drug mechanism of action Info.(database available on internet). Available from: http://www.ecompound. com/ drug.php?id=56.
6. Irbesartan Drug Info in chemical book.(database available on internet). Available from: http://www.chemicalbook.com/ ChemicalProductProperty_EN_CB8649207. htm
7. European Pharmacopoeia 7.0.2; 2010. p. 2436-7.
8. United State Pharmacopoeia Monographs: Irbesartan. (database available on internet). Available from: www.pharmacopeia.cn.
9. Vineeta Khanvilkar, Jignesh Shah, Vilasrao Kadam. Development and validation of HPLC assay for estimation of Irbesartan in Human Plasma. Res J Pharm Technol 2013;6(3):292-5.
10. Kamepalli sujana. Rp hplc dad method for determination of irbesartan in bulk and tablet. Int J Pharm Res Dev 2013;3(6):67-73.
11. Ai Yousheng, Xu Chuhong, Cheng Huating. Content determination of irbesartan in serum by HPLC. Chin Pharmacist; 2004.
12. R Prashanthi, k Raghavi, M Sindhura, B Anupama, buchi N Nalluri. Development and validation of a sensitive rp-hplc-pda method for assay of irbesartan in pure and pharmaceutical dosage forms. Int J Pharm Bio Sci 2012;3(1):397-407.
13. R Ramesh Raju, N Bujji Babu. Development and validation of hplc method for the estimation of irbesartan in pharmaceutical dosage form. Pharmacophore 2011;2(2):145-9.
14. Soo Kyung Bae, Min-Jung Kim, Eon-Jeong Shim, Doo-Yeoun Cho. HPLC determination of irbesartan in human plasma: its application to pharmacokinetic studies. Biomed Chromatogr 2014;23(6):69-81.
15. Milind B ubale, vitthal D thakne, vilas R chaudhary. simultaneous high performance liquid chromatography determination of irbesartan and hydrochlorthaizide in pharmaceutical dosage form. J Pharm Sci Sci Innovation 2012;1(1):25-8.
16. Amer M Alanaz, Ali S Abdelhameed, Nasr Y Khali, Azmat A Khan, Ibrahim A Darwish. HPLC method with monolithic column for simultaneous determination of irbesartan and hydrochlorothiazide in tablets. Acta Pharm 2014;64:187â€“98.
17. Lara F Tutunji, Maha F Tutunji, Mamoun IA, Manal H Khabbas, Adi I Arida. Simultaneous determination of irbesartan and hydrochlorothiazide in human plasma using HPLC coupled with tandem mass spectrometry: Application to bioequivalence studies. J Pharm Res 2010;3(4):251-66.
18. Zorica VujiÄ‡, NedÅ¾ad MulavdiÄ‡, Miralem SmajiÄ‡, Jasmina BrboriÄ‡, Predrag Stankovic. Simultaneous analysis of irbesartan and hydrochlorothiazide: an improved HPLC Method. J Mol 2012;17:3461-74.
19. S Hemamrutha, R Rambabu, S Vidhyadhara. Development and validation of rp-hplc method for simultaneous estimation of irbesartan and hydrochlorothiazide in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. Int J Pharm 2013;3(2):360-3.
20. B Raja, Potru Himasri, Bantu Ramadevi. RP-HPLC Method for the simultaneous estimation of irbesartan and hydrochlorthiazide in pharmaceutical dosage form. Int Res J Pharm Appl Sci 2012;2(3):29-38.
21. Aniruddha R Chabukswar, Swati C Jagdale, Bhanudas S Kuchekar, Pradeep D Lokhande1, Santosh N Shinde, Kunal D Ingale, et al. Development and validation of a RP-HPLC-PDA method for simultaneous estimation of Hydrochlorothiazide and Irbesartan. Pharm Chem 2010;2(4):148-56.
22. BurÃ§in Bozala, Burcu DoÄŸan-Topala, Bengi Uslua, Sibel A Ã–zkana, Hassan Y Aboul-Eneinb. Quantitative analysis of irbesartan in pharmaceuticals and human biological fluids by voltammetry. Anal Lett 2009;42(14):221-32.
23. P Prabhu, M Muralidhar. Development and validation of a high performance liquid chromatography method for simultaneous determination of irbesartan and its related impurities in pharmaceutical tablets. Int J Pharm Sci Drug Res 2014;6(2):145-53.
24. Patel Sejal K, Darji Mausam S. Development and validation of reverse phase high performance liquid chromatographymethod for simultaneous estimation of amlodipine besylate and irbesartan in synthetic mixture. Int J Pharm Drug Anal 2014;2(2):94-9.
25. Hany Mohammed Hafez, Abdullah Ahmed Elshanawane, Lobna Mohammed Abdelaziz, Magda Mohammed Kamal. Quantitative determination of three Angiotensin-II-receptor antagonists in presence of hydrochlorothiazide by RP-HPLC in their tablet preparations. Iran J Pharm Res 2013;12(4):635-43.
26. Hari Krishan Tiwari a, Tausif Monif a, Priya Ranjan, Prasad Verma b, Simrit Reyar a, Arshad Hussain Khuroo a, et al. Quantitative estimation of irbesartan in two different matrices and its application to human and dog bioavailability studies using LCeMS/MS. Asian J Pharm Sci 2013;8:346-55.
27. L GonzÃ¡lez, JA LÃ³pez, RM Alonso. Fast screening method for the determination of angiotensin II receptor antagonists in human plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography with fluorimetric detection. J Chromatogr A 2002;949(1-2):49â€“60.
28. Reem Youssef, Adnan Hbash, Ahmad Hassan. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for the estimation and separation of Valsartan, Losartan and Irbesartan in bulk and pharmaceutical formulation. Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res 2014;24(2):311-4.
29. Krystyna Czerwi-Ska, Aleksander P. Mazurek. Identification and determination of selected angiotensin ii receptor antagonist group drugs by hplc method. Acta Poloniae Pharm Drug Res 2011;68(6):831-7.
30. Nishant Goswami. A validated stabilityâ€‘indicating liquid chromatographic method for determination of process related impurities and degradation behavior of Irbesartan in solid oral dosage. J Adv Pharm Technol Res 2014;5(1):33-45.
31. E Caudrona, S Laurenta. Simultaneous determination of the acid/base antihypertensive drugs celiprolol, bisoprolol and irbesartan in human plasma by liquid chromatography. J Chromatogr B 2004;801(2):339â€“45.
32. RA Mhaske, S Sahasrabudhe, AA Mhaske. RP-HPLC method for simultaneous determination of Irbesartan, losartan, hydro-chlorothiazide and chlorthalidoneâ€“application to commercially available drug products. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2012;3(4):1116-23.
33. Rosangluaia P Shanmugasundaram, Malarkodi Velraj. Validated HPTLC method for simultaneous estimation of Irbesartan and Hydrochlorthiazide in a tablet dosage form. Pharm Chem 2011;3(5):310-7.
34. Shah H, N Suhagia, B Shah, R Patel. Development and validation of a HPTLC method for the simultaneous estimation of irbesartan and hydrochlorothiazide in tablet dosage form. Indian J Pharm Sci 2007;3(5):221-6.
35. Xiangjun Qiua, Zhe Wangb, Bing Wanga, Hui Zhana, Xiaofeng Panc, Ren-ai Xuc. Simultaneous determination of irbesartan and hydrochlorothiazide inhuman plasma by ultra-high performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry and its application to bioequivalence study. J Chromatogr B 2014;957:110â€“5.
36. Nishant Goswami. A validated stabilityâ€‘indicating liquid chromatographic method for determination of process related impurities and degradation behaviour of Irbesartan in solid oral dosage. J Adv Pharm Technol Res 2014;5(1):33-45.
37. Ramprasad Reddy, GVS Kumar, SB Puranik, Peerla Giriprasad, KA Sridhar. Development and validation of stability indicating reverse phase hplc method for simultaneous estimation of irbesartan and hydrochlorothiazide in bulk drug and tablet dosage form. Int J Pharm Chem Biol Sci 2012;2(4):696-703.
38. Amol S Khodke, Laxman V Potale, Mrinalini C Damle, Kailash G Bothara. A validated stability indicating HPTLC method for simultaneous estimation of irbesartan and hydrochlorothiazide. Pharm Methods 2011;1(1):39â€“43.
39. VP Rane, KR Patil, JN Sangshetti, RD Yeole, DB Shinde. Stability indicating LC method for simultaneous determination of irbesartan and hydrochlorothiazide in pharmaceutical preparations. J Chromatogr Sci 2010;48:595-600.