FLOW INJECTION ANALYSIS: AN OVERVIEW
The manual handling of the solutions remains the base of modern analytical instrumentation. Flow Injection Analysis (FIA), an automated technique, and the automated techniques being the need of the hour, has had a profound impact on how the modern analytical procedures are implemented. The FIA is a promising technique with well-defined principles of operation. The article provides an overview of the FIA.
Keywords: Analysis, Analytical methods, Flow injection analysis.
2. Kolev SD, Mckelvie ID. editors. Advances in flow injection analysis and relate techniques. 1st ed. United Kingdom: Elsevier Science; 2008.
3. Landis JB. Flow injection analysis. In: Munson JW. editor. Pharmaceutical Analysis Modern Methods Part B. Marcel Dekker Series, Mumbai: International Medical Book Distributors; 2001. p. 217-77.
4. Ruzicka J, Hansen EH. Flow Injection Analysis. 2nd ed. NY: John Wiley and Sons; 1981.
5. Skoog DA, Holler FJ, Crouch SR. Automated methods in analysis. In: Instrumental Analysis. Indian ed. New Delhi: Cengage Learning; 2010. p. 1017-27.
6. Tzanavaras PD, Themelis DG. Review of recent applications of flow injection spectrophotometry to pharmaceutical analysis. Anal Chim Acta 2007;588:1-9.
7. Pharik A, Patel K, Patel C, Patel BN. Flow injection: A new approach in analysis. J Chem Pharm Res 2010;2:118-25.
8. Lazaro F, Luque de Castro MD, Valcarcel M. Novel strategies in flow injection analysis. J Pharm Biomed Anal 1988;6:585-98.
9. Luque de Castro MD, Valcarcel M. Automation of pharmaceutical dissolution testing by flow injection analysis. J Pharm Biomed Anal 1990;8:329-36.
10. Al Abachi MQ, Hadi H. Normal and reverse flow injection-spectrophotometric determination of thiamine hydrochloride in pharmaceutical preparations using diazotized metoclopramide. J Pharm Anal 2012;2:250-355.
11. Patel R, Patel KS. Simple and specific method for flow injection analysis determination of cationc surfactants in environmental and commodity samples. Talanta 1999;48:923-31.
12. Fajardo Y, Gomez E, Mas F, Garcias F, Cerda V, Casas M. Multisyringe flow injection analysis of stable and radioactive strontium in samples of environmental interest. Appl Radiat Isot 2004;61:273-7.
13. Guo J, Luo K, Chen D, Tan X, Song Z. A rapid and sensitive method for determination of dibutyl phthalate in wine by flow-injection chemiluminescence analysis. J Food Compos Anal 2013;31:226-31.
14. Garcia-Jimenez JF, Valencia MC, Capitan-Vallvey LF. Simultaneous determination of antioxidants, preservatives and sweetener additives in food and cosmetics by flow injection analysis coupled to a monolithic column. Anal Chim Acta 2007;594:226-33.
15. Carneiro JMT, Sartini RP, Zagatto EAG. Spectrophotometric determination of total nitrogen content in plant materials using a flow-injection system with an AgCl(s) reactor. Anal Chim Acta 2000;416:185-90.
16. Morante C. Determination of plant sulphur and sulphate-sulphur by flow-injection analysis using a two-line manifold. Anal Chim Acta 1991;249:479-88.
17. Tang B, Zhang H, Wang Y. On-line separation, preconcentration and determination of trace amounts of gold in mineral sample by flow injection catalytic kinetic spectroflourimetry. Anal Chim Acta 2004;525:305-11.
18. Kuroda R, Mochizuki T. Continuous spectrophotometric determination of copper, nickel and zinc in copper-base alloys by flow-injection analysis. Talanta 1981;28:389-93.
19. Michel D, Casey Gaunt M, Arnason T, El-Aneed A. Development and validation of fast and simple flow injection analysis-tandem mass spectroscopy (FIA-MS/MS) for the determination of metformin in dog serum. J Pharm Biomed Anal 2015;107:229-35.
20. Fernandez-Romero JM, Luque De Castro MD, Valcarcel M. Determination of total cholesterol in serum by flow injection analysis with immobilized enzymes. Clin Chim Acta 1987;167:97-104.
21. Zamora LL, Calatayud JM. Flow-injection spectrophotometric determination of amino acids based on an immobilised copper (II)-zincon system. Anal Chim Acta 1993;28:601-5.
22. Zhao C, Shao C, Li M, Jiao K. Flow-injection analysis of glucose without enzyme based on electocatalytic oxidation of glucose at a nickel electrode. Talanta 2007;71:1769-73.
23. Kracke-Helm HA, Brandes L, Hitzmann B, Rinas U, Schugerl K. On-line determination of intercellular Î²-galatosidase activity in recombinant Escherichia coli using flow injection analysis (FIA). J Biotechnol 1991;20:95-104.
24. Backer M, Rakowski D, Poghossian A, Biselli M, Wagner P, Schoning MJ. Chip-based amperometric enzyme sensor system for monitoring of bioprocess by flow-injection analysis. J Biotechnol 2013;163:371-6.
25. Williamson JP, Emmert GL. A flow injection analysis system for monitoring silver (I) ion and iodine residuals in recycled water from recovery systems used for spaceflight. Anal Chim Acta 2013;792:72-8.
26. Pedersen KM, Kummel M, Soeberg H. Monitoring and control of biological removal of phosphorus and nitrogen by flow-injection analysers in a municipal pilot-scale waste-water treatment plant. Anal Chim Acta 1990;238:191-9.