THE ACTIVITY OF DOSAGE INJECTION IN GENTAMICIN SULPHATE IN LIQUID INFUSION NaCl AND DEKSTROSA-NaCl ON BACTERIA Bacillus subtilis ATCC 6633 AND Klebsiella pneumoniae ATCC 2357
Objective: The aim of the present study was to know the activity of injection preparation of gentamicin sulfate in varied intravenous fluids (NaCl and Dextrose-NaCl) as well as variation of time of use against bacteria Bacillus subtilis and Klebsiella pneumoniae.
Methods: The research was a laboratory experiment with the following stages: 1.) mixing the sample performed in LAF, 2.) antibacterial activity test with time variation against Bacillus subtilis and Klebsiella pneumoniae bacteria, and 3.) analysis with ANOVA was needed to see if the infusion variation and time variation had a significant effect on gentamicin sulfate activity in killing Bacillus subtilis and Klebsiella pneumoniae bacteria.
Results: The mixing of gentamicin sulphate in both intravenous fluids for 2 h has a diameter of more than 20 mm inhibition. Gentamicin sulfate has decreased activity when mixed with intravenous fluids, both NaCl 0.9% and Dextrose 5%-NaCl 0.225%. In both samples, there was a decrease in the inhibitory zone diameter of each mixing time increase. The first minute of mixing time gave the best effect, and the infusion variation had a significant effect only on gentamicin sulphate activity against Bacillus subtilis bacteria. Intravenous fluids Dextrose-NaCl gave a better effect than infusion of NaCl.
Conclusion: NaCl Infusion and Dextrose-NaCl had no effect on the activity of injection preparation of gentamicin sulfate against Klebsiella pneumoniae bacteria, but had an effect on Bacillus subtilis. The time of mixed use of gentamicin sulfate injection with NaCl and Dextrose-NaCl infusion fluid gave effect to its activity on Bacillus subtilis and Klebsiella pneumoniae bacterias, where the longer mixing time gentamicin sulphate activity decreased.
2. Ministry of Health RI. Guidelines for Pharmaceutical Services for Antibiotic Therapy. Jakarta; 2011.
3. Manggopa ON, Soeliongan S, Homenta H. Aerobic bacteria pattern on sputum patients with acute respiratory infection in lung polyclinic RSUP Prof. Dr. R. D. kandou manado. J E-Biomed 2016;4:1-5.
4. Rolanda E, Iskandarsyah, Soemiati A. Effect of liposomes encapsulation on antibacterial activity of Gentamicin Sulfate. [Thesis]. Jakarta: FMIPA, Indonesian University; 2012.
5. Divyashanthi CM, Adithiyakumar S, Bharathi N. Study of prevalence and antimicrobial susceptibility pattern of bacterial isolates in a tertiary care hospital. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2015;7:185-90.
6. Taha NA, Yin TS, Said MM, Rahman RA. An investigation of errors: the preparation and administration of parenteral medications in an intensive care unit of a tertiary teaching hospital in Malaysia. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2016;8:325-9.
7. Ministry of Health RI. Guidelines for Injecting Injectable Drugs and Handling of Cytostatic Dosage. Jakarta; 2009.
8. Saptarini NM. Stability studies of Amoxicillin and Gentamicin injection in intravenous infusions. J Young Pharm 2015; 7:250-6.
9. Kang M, Ju-Seop K. Stability test of Ampicillin Sodium solutions in the accufuserÂ® elastomeric infusion device using HPLC-UV method. Pharmacol Pharm 2012;3:462-7.
10. Santos CA, Laura ON, Marcos CK. Biological and physicochemical stability of ceftazidime and aminophylline on glucose parenteral solution. Braz J Pharm Sci 2012;48:691-8.
11. Pambudi AI, Sulistiyaningsih, Kurniawansyah IS. Injection activity of Gentamicin Sulfate in Ringer's lactate and ringer dextrose fluids on Klebsiella pneumoniae and Bacillus subtilis bacteria. [Thesis]. Jatinangor: Pharmacy Faculty, Padjadjaran University; 2015.
12. Kurniawansyah IS, Abdassah M, Selvamani S. Effectiveness of the class VI internal chemical indicator strip on steam sterilization of sodium chloride infusion. Int J Curr Pharm Rev Res 2016;7:237-42.
13. Sardian N, Litaay M, Budji RG. Potential of Rhopalaea sp as a source of inoculum bacteria endosymion antibacterial producer. J Nat Environ 2015;6:63-73.
14. Anggraini R, Aliza D, Melisa S. Identification of Aeromonas hydrophila bacteria with a microbial test on dumbo catfish (Clarias gariepinus) cultivated in district baitussalam regency of aceh besar. Sci J Marine Fisheries 2016;1:270-86.
15. Pratita MYE, Putra SR. Isolation and identification of thermophilic bacteria from hot springs source in songgoriti after two days of incubation. Pomits Technical J 2012;1:1-5.
16. Dima L, Fatimawali L, Lolo WA. Antibacterial activity test of kelor leaf extract (Moringa oleifera L.) against Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus bacterias. Pharmacon 2016;5:282-9.
17. Irianto A. Basic concept statistics and their applications. Jakarta: Kencana; 2007.
18. Aryal S. Biochemical test and identification of Bacillus subtilis; 2016. Available from: http://www.microbiologyinfo.com/ biochemical-test-and-identification-of-bacillus-subtilis/ [Last accessed on 10 Jun 2017].
19. Aryal S. Biochemical Test and Identification of Klebsiella pneumoniae; 2016. Available from: http://www.Microbiology-info.com/biochemical-test-and-identification-of-klebsiella-pneumoniae/ [Last accessed on 10 Jun 2017].