A HPLC-MS/MS METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION FOR THE SIMULTANEOUS DETERMINATION OF NIFEDIPINE AND ENALAPRIL IN HUMAN PLASMA
Objective: The main purpose of this study was to develop a simple, precise, rapid and accurate method for the simultaneous quantification of nifedipine and enalapril in human plasma.
Methods: Chromatography was achieved on Discovery C18, 50 Ã— 2.1 mm, 5 Î¼m column. Samples were chromatographed in a gradient mode (eluent A (acetonitrile-waterâ€“formic acid, 5: 95: 0.1 v/v), eluent B (acetonitrileâ€“formic acid, 100: 0.1 v/v)). The initial content of the eluent B is 0%, which increases linearly by 1.0 min to 100% and to 1.01 min returns to the initial 0%. The mobile phase was delivered at a flow rate of 0.400 ml/min into the mass spectrometer ESI chamber. The sample volume was 5 Î¼l.
Results: The total chromatographic run time was 2.5 min and the elution of nifedipine, enalapril and IS (verapamil) occurred at ~1.83, 1.57 and 1.61 min, respectively. A linear response function was established at 1-100 ng/ml for nifedipine and 2-200 ng/ml for enalapril maleate in human plasma. The % mean recovery for enalapril in LQC, MQC and HQC was 114.0 %, 112.9 % and 113.2 %, for nifedipine in LQC, MQC and HQC was 104.1 %, 105.0 % and 108.7 % respectively. The lowest concentration with the RSD<20% was taken as LLOQ and was found to be 2.16 ng/ml for enalapril, 1.01 ng/ml for nifedipine. The % accuracy of LLOQ samples prepared with the different biological matrix lots was found 108.2 % for enalapril and 100.5 % for nifedipine, which were found within the range of 80.00-120.00 % for the seven different plasma lots. % CV for LLOQ samples was observed as 3.2 % and 7.4 % respectively, which are within 20.00% of the acceptance criteria.
Conclusion: A rapid method was developed for simultaneous determination of nifedipine and enalapril in human plasma. The method was strictly validated according to the ICH guidelines. Acquired results demonstrate that proposed strategy can be effortlessly and advantageously applied for routine examination of nifedipine and enalapril in human plasma.Â
2. Kondratova Y, Adebayo T, Logoyda L, Korobko D, Berdey I, Kuchmerovska T. Development of the methodology of the chromatographic determination of amlodipine in medicines. Int J Res Ayurveda Pharm 2016;7:32-5.
3. Bhardwaj SP, Singh S. Study of forced degradation behavior of enalapril maleate by LC and LCâ€“MS and development of a validated stability-indicating assay method. J Pharm Biomed Anal 2008;46:113â€“20.
4. Ghosh C, Jain I, Shinde CP, Chakraborty BS. Rapid and sensitive liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry method for simultaneous determination of enalapril and its major metabolite enalaprilat, in human plasma: application to a bioequivalence study. Drug Testing Anal 2012;4:94â€“103.
5. Danafar H, Hamidi M. Liquid chromatographyâ€“tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS) method for the assignment of enalapril and enalaprilat in human plasma. Pharm Biomed Res 2015;1:47â€“58.
6. Gu Q, Chen X, Zhong D, Wang Y. Simultaneous determination of enalapril and enalaprilat in human plasma by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B: Anal Technol Biomed Life Sci 2004;813:337-42.
7. Guideline on Bioanalytical method validation: European Medicines Agencies; 2011.
8. Sonawane LV, Poul BN, Usnale SV. Bioanalytical method validation and its pharmaceutical application a review. Pharm Anal Acta 2014;5:1-7.
9. Pushpa Latha E, Sailaja B. Bioanalytical method development and validation by HPLC: a review. J Appl Pharm 2014;1:1-9.
10. Logoyda L, Abdel-Megied AM, Kondratova Y, Trofimenko O, Korobko D, Dakhym I. Development and validation of HPLC method for the simultaneous determination of enalapril maleate in present of their impurities: application to tablet analysis. Int J Appl Pharm 2018;10:98-102.
11. Delma Dâ€™cruz, Anu Babu, Eena Joshy, Aneesh TP. Bioanalytical method development and validation of ticagrelor by RP-HPLC. Int J Appl Pharm 2017;9:51-4.
12. Liliya Logoyda, Yuliya Kondratova, Dmytro Korobko, Yuriy Soroka. Development of UHPLC method for the determination of captopril in pharmaceutical dosage forms. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2017;10:308-10.
13. Liliya L, Dmytro K, Olena S, Ihor B, Tamara K. Development of methodology for identification of captopril in medicines. Asian J Pharm 2016;10:168-71.
14. Olgya Polyauk, Liliya Logoyda. The investigation of conditions of API from group of calcium channel blockers extraction by organic solvents by using high-performance liquid chromatography as method assay. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2017;10:354-6.
15. Asha B Thomas, Ashish Naphade, Snehal S Karanjkhele. Determination of alprazolam and fluoxetine HCl from spiked rat plasma using HPTCL with UV deterction. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2016;8:147-51.