REVIEW OF AYURVEDIC PLANT SARIVA IN CLASSICAL LITERATURE AND OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS
Objective: Sariva is well-known plant used in ancient time for the treatments of various alignments. In this article, Sariva is well elaborated from Vedic period to modern era.
Methods: In this, the Ayurveda and Modern Textbooks are examined details study.
Conclusions: Sariva is well-known plant used in ancient time for the treatments of various alignments. It is also known as Indian Sarsaparilla which is highly used to kill the worms present in intestine.
2. Nighantu KK, Sharma PV, Sharma GP, editors. Kaiydev Nighantu. 2nd ed. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Orientalia; 2006. p. 183.
3. Nighatu BB, Chunekar KC, Pandey GS, editor. ???. 2nd ed. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Bharati Academy; 2010. p. 113.
4. Pandey GN, Nighatu S, Dwivedi RR, editor. ???. 1st ed. Varanasi: Krishnadas Academy; 2009. p. 39.
5. Pal M, Prashad TP, editor. ???. 1st ed. Varanasi: Krishnadas Academy; 2009. p. 419-20.
6. Bapalal GV, Adarsa N. ???. Reprint edition, Varanasi: Chaukhambha Bharati Academy; 2007. p. 398.
7. Nighatu D, Sharma PV, editor. ???. 4th ed. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Orientalia; 2005. p. 45.
8. Sahmita SS, Trikamji VJ, editor. ???. 1st ed. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan; 2009.
9. Sahmita CC, Sharma PV, editor. ???. Reprint edition, Varanasi: Chaukkambha Ayurveda Pratishthan; 2011.
10. Available from: http://www.easyayurveda.com/2013/12/20/sariba-hemidesmus-indicus-benefits-usage-dose-side-effects.
11. Available from: http://www.entheology.com/plants/hemidesmus-indicus-sugandi-sariba.
12. Viraj PK, Apoorva MS, Sariva (Hemidesmus Indicus R.Br.) a review from ancient literature. World J Pharm Pharm Sci 2016;5:401-11.
13. Warrier PK, Nambairv PK, Ramankutty C, editors. Indian Medicinal Plants, (Arkakulam). Kottakkal: Arya Vaidya Sala Universities Press; 2007. p. 141-5.
14. Krishna V, Pullaiah T, Manjunatha BK, editors. Flora of Davanagere District Karnataka, India. New Delhi: Regency Publication; 2004. p. 254-5.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.